1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why pay to win?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by easypr0, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Gun_Runner

Gun_Runner Gun_Runner 62 NA

It has been over 3 years of these threads and what has been changed? How many players have you had group together, inform PA you are not logging in for the next month or two months as protest? I would guess less then 10% of the game population even looks at forums at any regular interval here so your not spreading your word very well. of the 90% remaining population in game some may come to forums once or twice a year but to find a guild or support. They are not going to search all the threads here for game politics.

As for new players, I have always promoted the idea to find a guild that works for you best as soon as possible. Yes a new player could search forums or google guides but most don't. If they join guild they should shortly build relationships with their guild members and trust. If not then they joined the wrong guild. Anyway, most people feel more comfortable asking people they know and trust questions about game.

worst part is, from a business perspective, if you did get a large percentage of the game population to protest against the cash shop, you might not like the response. Mostly PA would view it as the PC version just went south so they would drop the PC version completely and focus on the mobile and console versions only then. It has happened before.

Khondo and LinaCrysta like this.
  2. Lord_Xenon

You fail to realize, that it's no difficulty to begin with when managed right. But some(most?) fail to do simple things at an efficient rate so they are handicapped from the start. So when something exist to lift that, it doesn't mean the overall difficutly is suddenly lowered.

And no P2C, P2W and P2A are not the same thing. They are all different how they work.

3. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

They are no different (PTW/PTC) in how they provide an inferior product. They are no different in how balance breaking they are, and they are no different in pricing structure....One really should ask what is different in their taboo view of them..If you can tolerate one, the other is no different game breaking wise. They really arnt any different in how they work...Both give convenience for a fee.

Both lead to what ever it is one finds as taboo about either one.

What is P2A though? Pay to advance? Each level or stat bonus cost money or something?

Alot has changed..For one PA bought EvE online's staff, and I believe alot of the good content being micro transaction free comes from them.

They did so, because one they knew how to implement PTC/PTW correctly.

4. Solo_Tyrant

Odd assumptions that run counter to the press releases and interviews explaining why PA bought CCP.

5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

What..you don't feel alot has changed since then? Their trajectory has shifted. Not by much, it still needs a bigger push.

6. Solo_Tyrant

lol@feelings. The two companies/games are independent of each. Nothing has changed from the purchase of CCP in BDO or the Pearl Shop.
    Your feelings on the matter are misplaced. You're just trying to create imaginary reasons to support the "right" way to operate an in-game store. Whatever CCP is doing must be right and whatever PA is going must be wrong. So anything you feel is better on the Pearl Shop is going to be credited to CCP despite you having no actual proof.

7. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

I guess, we dont own either company, so yes..It goes on how the customers feel. And yes alot has changed..Heck we got the central marketplace.

8. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

Want facts ?

Pearls can be converted into silver, itself converted in direct power trough marketplace (hello i buy tet/pen ez), sooooo yeah sure...
    Pearls can be converted into enhance mats, to an extent you can litteraly brute force that stuff, sooooo yeah sure....

Whatever dude.

9. Lord_Xenon

Pure BS from you sorry. PTC etc. don't mean an inferior product. It just mean incompetent player don't have such disadvantages due their incompetence.

P2A are for example boosters. Like +100% combat gain etc. Those that boost your way up, but offer no real advantage that time don't give. So for impatient(lazy/incompetent) people.

Taboos? Stats for money. While PEN/TET etc. things would be a taboo too, the problem with that is that the game offer nothing for that content to matter then. What then? Having PEN vs. mobs you already OS? Why even grind them? I mean those who bought everything to max don't need anything anymore. PvP? Except RBF there is no real use of PvP.

10. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

If they use a PTW/PTC monetization to profit from their game...They took a game and modified its original design around that, and made rules that can be circumvented through use of a IRL currency.
    Once again, there is nothing wrong with it...Its currently just run amok, has become too obvious, tired, boring, and is unsustainable through the use of its predatory practices.

Arnt you fine with boosters in games? Why is it taboo? Why cant a game with ingame real money transactions that provide bonus just get their just label?

Why do companies release games, then thow them in shortly after their game has been rated, and invested in?

#390 Kynreaa, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  11. Dalenos

Meanwhile in PA Headquarters and other free to play game studious o.O

[​IMG]

12. Lord_Xenon

Who say it's centered around that? Who say it's crippled? Those whiner that are incompetent and need the options to lift their disadvantage?

I don't know what you want to say with your last sentences, as they make no sense to me.

13. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 62 EU

Well the issue with it is that players want everything in this moment NOW. They would like to have 600gs in a week when others played this game 2 years long.

So here comes a pearl shop to make it 'easier' like value pack, kamasylvie tree and more.

So actually we are the issue if we could call it an issue.

But... If you will not pay you can - in Black Desert - achieve same stuff and gear as the WHALE players.

Until it stays like that (p2w is optional) ill keep on playing and ... Buy some stuff from time to time

14. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 61 NA

What do you mean "who says"..Its their whole business model. When dealing with a company that makes that their profit model, its the only way to profit.
    You cant have P2C/PTW, if the game has no inconveniences, so they have to manufacture them. Its basic supply and demand.
    For instance, you live in a home, everythings fine..So you have no need for a plumber. Plumbing explodes, guess what? A plumbers getting paid.

PA has proven their reputation time and again, their need for a quick buck outweighs the greater profit potential of satisfying customer concerns. Instead of supplying a complete product, they have chosen to break mechanics only to place the solutions in the Pearl store.
    Dont even take my word for it, listen to this guy holding an expensive seminar for CEO's on how to profit...and this was back in 2016, right when this plague started shifting away from just the mobile platform...So obviously they listened to him, and its working.

Where did you get lost with my other questions?

#394 Kynreaa, Aug 19, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
  15. Solo_Tyrant

Yeah, I just bought a TET using my silver too. 0 of that silver came from pearls. I made money crafting, enhancing, grinding,...playing the game. I will probably buy another TET by this time next week. Then we get into PEN territory and silver is less a factor than number of available PENs per class. Sure, people could melt outfits for cron stones but the fail stack would never go up and one wouldn't make lucrative, ancillary enchantments getting back to TET. I see being able to use all systems as an advantage over shortcuts.

I guess, we dont own either company, so yes..It goes on how the customers feel. And yes alot has changed..Heck we got the central marketplace.

I am sorry but you asked me how I felt and gave your opinion on how you felt. I don't get how either answer speaks for costumers as a whole or if any number of customers would also attribute any feeling of change to the same reason you've given. You are overstating yourself with assumption after assumption after assumption with a hefty dose of conjecture.

16. 2Cents

Apex Legends self destructing and insulting their own customers over microtransactions.

Shastalya, zhagsten, Dalenos and 2 others like this.
  17. WinterMilla

The funny thing is people are saying that just because they hit 600gs without spending money makes the game less p2w.
    Little do they know this is exactly what the companies want from you. The goal is to make the game as inconvenient as possible while feeding you every blue moon a dose of hope. What people are talking about when they say you can still reach end game with no money are referring to a pay wall not pay 2 win. In a well crafted pay 2 win you can still reach end game without spending money, it will just take you a long while to do so and a bit of luck.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  18. 2Cents

99.99999% of the player base will never obtain the gear score of true whales. The idea of obtaining PEN accessories is beyond the scope of normal play.

19. WinterMilla

Well those who dedicate their life to the game can make it, just after many many failures.

20. Khondo

Why do you have a problem with businesses making profits? If you want money you make a product and get other people to buy it or you work for one of those companies and earn money. Either way, if the business does not make a profit, nobody makes money to spend on other business's products. It's the way the world works.

If you don't have the money, get out there and make some. People need to stop waiting or complaining that they can't get something for nothing. That goes for everything in the world.

Smileybones likes this.