1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why pay to win?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by easypr0, Aug 5, 2019.

1. kakodaimonos

Uhm... Not really wanna argue with you but you consider $75 per month cheap?
    Jfyi pay to play games are like 15% that pricetag. I wouldn't really call that cheap not even close.

2. Korvgubben

Trying to rebrand P2W as something else isnt in the players best interest.

Just look at the recent "surprise mechanics" debacle from EA.

Fearless V, Phoenixxx75 and Factorial like this.
  3. Foo

Foo

p2w is pay4convenience that's one thing he doesn't get rofl

4. Korvgubben

Yeah but its still worth repeating to keep the p2w-acceptance from increasing as quickly.

I like to believe it helps at least :)

5. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

underrated

6. 2Cents

It's almost the right attitude, but there are serious problems behind it. The core functionality of the game is specifically altered to make the product worse. There is a difference between supporting a product and a company doing the right thing and just letting a company take advantage of consumers.

A correctly designed game would enable enough storage for each player. This includes personal, warehouse etc. To intentionally limit these is to degrade the very core of the game and force every single customers to pay to fix this on an individual basis.

The RNG Enchant system isn't good for the game. It's forced many players out of the game and it's just not a pleasant experience. This horrible system is a pure gambling gimmick.

I am in a similar status as you. I support good business's and can afford to spend money on hobby's and products. However, I can not condone such egregious behavior by these companies.

What you really need to know: No amount of money you spend will make things better. If you are willing to pay $100 for inventory they will just increase it to $120. If you will pay the $120.......make it $150.

You give them no incentive to create a fair or better game.

Fearless V, Reyer, Dailou and 6 others like this.
  7. Vanadiel

They obviously got you got 1,500 Euro's. Next game get information before you drop down that amount of money.
    It's your own fault for not being able to handle your money well.

8. Prokaizer

Horse skin is in the cash shop, horse skin gives +10% RNG to learn skill per level up.
    Character skins give bonus set effects, character skins are in cash shop.
    Because the marketing system is not allowing users to sell at what ever price they want nobody sell horse skins or character skins, so if you are free to play player you are screwed.
    Value pack increase your profit from any item you sell by 30%, value pack is in the cash shop.
    In other MMORPG games when you kill a mob untill you loot the mob, the drop stays inside the dead mob, in Black Desert Online the drop dissapear after few seconds.
    To prevent that you have to buy pets, pets are in the cash shop.
    If you are free to play player you are screwed all over again.

Everything in this game is pay to win.

9. Hajiarux

because this game is super p2w on steroids 1500 even 2000 euros is nothing grinding now need to buy scrolls for that too. you can make full Pen gear without leaving the town.

#49 Hajiarux, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    Fearless V, Phoenixxx75 and Factorial like this.
  10. Cosmic Soul

Well said.

Factorial likes this.
  11. XLucaX

Just do what everyone else have done, and stop playing the game. I personally completely restarted my computer to factory status before last patch and have been occupying myself with other life stuff like gym, reading books, more working hours, other video games and never once did I thought about BDO. Heck, the only reason im here is because im at work and I need some salt on my popcorn, and this forums full of em :D :D :D

Fearless V and Factorial like this.
  12. easay9

you forgot about that hedgehog that litterally doubles your money gathering xD

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  13. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Its not, its proc rates somewhere around 30%.

Factorial likes this.
  14. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Wrong. If you played any MMO those last 20 years you would obviously know that storage management is required in every game ever created. Some games sell additional storage and some not, doesn't change the fact that managing assets is required in every game.

Another piece of propaganda busted today.

15. WinterMilla

Altho I hate the "Go get a life" comments im incline to agree. Gaming has turned into another market full of companies penny piching you and lies. Sad when a game has to advertise saying "there are no loot boxes here" or " there are only cosmetics in the shop".

As for OP idk why you went into the thousands on this game. I think I'm around $400 into the game and thats from when I really enjoyed it. The game is p2w but it doesn't mean you have to pay. When you keep giving them money for screwing you over, of course they gonna keep screwing you over.

Also to the guy who said their pets can pick up everything in gahaz needs to stop with that B.S, can confirm they never pick up the whole amount unless your grinding ungodly slow.

Factorial likes this.
  16. WinterMilla

What propaganda? You've been using that word a lot. Games aren't really required to do anything, they are a piece of interactive art that you can only classify by genre.

Factorial likes this.
  17. Khondo

How much do you spend on entertainment for the month? One night out for dinner and movies can cost $100-200.

How much do you spend on other games during the month?

I just play BDO and have so for 3+ years, have not spent my money on anything else computer related. I think it is still cheap entertainment. Also the example I gave was in days played just on my first toon, when you think I have played for 3+ years straight, that brings it down to nearly $50 a month, which is the price of many new release games every month.

#57 Khondo, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    Xeniph and Factorial like this.
  18. Xenosuke

I have been playing this game since beta, and I have spent around $600 in those three years. That's around the price of constant wow subscription. The game is only as "P2W" as you make it and from where i am standing it's on the line, but still pay-for-convenience. It is possible to play the game and have fun on very few dollars spent.

Reyfer likes this.
  19. 2Cents

Everyone knows these games intentionally limit your inventory, weight capacity, storage etc for the purpose of selling you the solution to a fabricated problem. You really devalue any credibility you might have by arguing against such obvious concepts ;)

20. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

And what would be your propaganda narrative for the games which don't sell inventory, weight etc. The actual credibility lies with people who know that gamers had to deal with micromanagement almost since video games were created, read way before Internet was a thing.