1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why RBF is such joke?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Zaoo, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Menor

To think easiest way to fix RBF by just a little is to add brackets every 50GS.
    Sadly PA knows there is not enough people above 400GS to fill one RBF per day so they cannot do that.

Flex556 likes this.
  2. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

lol wat?

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

wdym, half of the fun is trying to catch air from laughter induced by 1 tapping some newbie with your artisan powered gear :'(

4. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

yea RBF been joke forever and they dont know how/care to improve it, super sad

5. LightningFFXIII-4

When FFXIV's Tab Targetting PVP has more ppl playing it (72 players at a time) vs BDO (Supposed PVP Game) who can barely fill Velia 4 RBF nowadays.

You know someone screwed up big time.

And its not only in RBF, Conquest is a joke too so is Nodewars lol. I bet if Guild Payouts did not exist, 90% of ppl on Nodewar guilds/Conquest wars would not bother to show up and would rather afk fish.

I used to go to RBF Velia 4 lots of times to practice for PVP. But nowadays, you need 620+ GS to even be viable in there. Thanks to Rampant speedhacking/ Account Boosting/Guild Payout Abuse its not even worth trying anymore unless you do hacking/exploiting/guild payout receiving too.

woots likes this.
  6. Naicon

Naicon Maehwa 64 EU

You spend more money on buffs for Siege/Nodewars than you get through payout lol. No one is doing mass pvp for a minimum amount of silver.

7. DafuqYouLookinAt

I rarely go to RBF nowadays but guild usually likes to go after war.

It definitely needs an update and would be more fun imo if gear was balanced in order to favor more in skill.

Edit: I don't mind RBF not balancing gear but I'd also like an arena or feature where the option is there.
    BA is kinda out of the question because you're just taking off gear to try and match your opponents.
    Team battles with scaled gear is pretty fun; I also love a challenge in fighting people of all experiences and gear.

Also find it a bit ridiculous that you need 1 more kill to trigger the titles even though you possess all required rbf points.

BDO Colosseum When? xD Customize your own battles when?
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/pvp-content-create-a-customizable-colosseum-arena-vote-comment.519356/

#27 DafuqYouLookinAt, Mar 12, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    PeaceInChaos and Amirite like this.
  8. Catastigma

just dont join Velia 4 RBF ?

We have good fight on Balenos 3 after node war (NA)

9. Capitaine Courage

Depends on your continent.
    In EU only Velia 4 is actually active, so you don't really have a choice.

10. Amirite

There are some (maybe a lot) who don't even know what RBF is or don't care. Also, I think a lot would think that RBF is only for the most high gear players and ninja's....just saying.

Flex556 and Fearless V like this.
  11. KaoriKat

KaoriKat Shai 64 NA

I enjoy RBF as a dp Shai.. kinda funny to watch people not being able to kill me @.@

Chaos Ronin and PeaceInChaos like this.
  12. TeRRoRibleOne

The original RBF map was designed for pre-awakened when people did have insane gear scores... with awakening and even succession the map isn't big enough, especially when you fill it with 60 people. And for the person who said the GS version, they used to have that, no one played the lower GS one.

13. Flex556

If there were gear brackets I'd do it.
    Ill be honest I've only done it a handful of times and my gs then was so freaking low I was dieing to aoe/splash.
    Isn't there only one map and no objective other than most kills?
    They need to use their heads a little. If it were me here is what I would do for instanced pvp in this game.

Large scale - kill the other teams king. You could even spice it up and make it about unleashing your own teams beast against the other team.
    Have small objectives in the map that give defensive or offensive buffs. Places to hold on the map. Etc. Or summon bhegs (etc) to attack the opponents team.

Capture the flag - obvious, mirrored map for each team get their flag, get to your base with it. 3 scores wins.

King of the Hill- medium sized map that has random locations the team must hold for points. Multiple smaller locations eventually spawn as well possibly helping the behind team catch up or perhaps help the winning team put a quicker nail in the coffin.

2v2, 3v3, 5v5 death matches. Solo que as well.

And while I'm typing all this...
    Pve dungeons, when? Yeah sure we don't have the Trinity technically but they could easily add abilities to each class to give it that feel.
    Example: warrior, guardian and valk would get passive dp and aggro bonuses.
    Shai, witch, wizard would get utility bonuses; passive group resource Regen, health Regen or cool down reduction.
    The damage classes could bring their own utility aoe damage bonuses, crit, attack speed etc normal stuff.
    There are enough creatures and huge areas they could easily put this together and just tweak the mobs damage and health.
    Boggles my mind why they don't add this sort of stuff.

14. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 61 NA

Is that really not the case tho?

Going into RBF with 251 AP and 310 DP is one of the most unsatisfying thing to do in all my experience playing games. It feels like I'm a gamer playing against hackers with Cheat Engine cheats active. Full combos barely deplete %25 of their health bar yet I die from them using 2 skills through my SA.

I don't know about you, but to people with similar gearscore, we don't belong in any type of PvP in BDO. And if the people who claims that BDO is a PvP game. Was to actually sit down and think about that. I'm sure they would be sad with the current state of BDO's PvP. We are better off playing a PvE MMO that has decent PvP in it.

Crixis likes this.
  15. Crixis

I told this same thing two years ago and I was attacked from left and right with unbelievable precision... without good pvp options, this game's beautiful combat goes to waste !

PeaceInChaos and Fearless V like this.
  16. KaoriKat

KaoriKat Shai 64 NA

There are gear brackets..like Velia 1-3..

17. woots

And that's how you see the failure of the main "design" in that game ( at least for all thoses thinking that game as a " pvp game" )
    gear2win gambling over expensive ( unless you tear your wallet apart on that game, or maybe waste your life time on it ) + constant powercreep ( = constant increase of GS min requirement ) + so need a lot of constant income = player run after the income, and not really after the fun.

After "pvp" always was the carott to make somes players hunt the GS, so be milked, BDO never was made ( or maybe in the very early developpment stage when full greed still havent wasted the game ) to be a pvp game.

So yeah no surprise RBF or so are just a joke. And that's not speaking about PA themself that never bothered to bring more than one map in 5years, so develop fun actual owpvp modes etc etc.
    = they dont care, CS always was the main goal of that game, what left is illusion that seem to work enough for a part of the players. And it seem good enough for PA.

18. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Because rbf doesn't matter...72 people is nothing. In bdo sieges you have hundrets of players fighting each other.

19. MinMaid

MinMaid Guardian 62 NA

The entire game is a joke tbh

f8Xtractor, easay9 and Blitzball like this.
  20. crosspath

Someone that really knows the game xD

I agree btw.

easay9 likes this.