1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why refusing duel for spot is perceived so negatively?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Preslavv, Jun 13, 2018.

1. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 61 NA

Are you saying that all geared players are "RNG carried"? If so, then you apparently have no clue the journey many, like myself, have had to endure in order to reach the point we are now. It is the quote that players who don't progress say, what you're saying, and is the very mindset that this self-inflicted roadblock in progress encourages, ending in a vicious cycle of never getting 250 AP.

That is a personal problem, NOT the problem of others. Is it my fault some players don't have the heart and gut to blow 5 billion silver + for a TET Tungrad Earring? It is not, and is clearly not the fault of other geared players that lower geared players feel entitled to spots.

FACT - NO ONE is entitled to a spot! Show me where in the TOS it says that if a player is there 1st, the spot is theirs and should be left alone. That being said, it is up to the players who gets the spot or not, plain and simple. And this is how the BDO community has established, long ago, how disputes over grind spots are settled - Fight for your spot. This is what I eamnt by "come back stronger", because when you're stronger, you have a better chance at defending what's yours.

Now, you have douche-bags on both sides: 1) The geared player bullying players out, constantly PK'ing / stealing mobs and 2) Lower geared players who "karma-bomb"/ grief. If that's the issue we're discussing, then that is a conversation 100% separate from the topic of "Who gets the spot or not". That there is a check on those individual's personalities and codes of conduct, and it varies from person to person / situation - situation and has little to do with the current, non-written way BDO players settle spot rights / disputes.

More facts - I have seen with my very eyes Witchs and Wizards flat out DEMOLISH Mystics and Strikers of equal gear. Your argument that it is not honorable has little base, other than a geared player being a "mean-'ol-meanie". Also, not all Mystics / Strikers are meanies, so summing up all Mystics into this category of being meanies is a logical fallacy.

What is honorable about a Mystic asking for a duel off a Wiz or Witch is the fact the mystic asked. I'm a Sorceress (also Magic dmg glass cannon class) and I'll fight anyone who wants to duel, 2 / 3, and if I lose, I'll gladly switch servers. If the Mystic, or any other class wants to repeatedly PK, then I'd look at why they are doing that. Why are they PK'ing constantly? If it is out of pure douche-baggery, that is a separate argument entirely.

Bottom line - Fight and defend for your spot, or lose it. No one is entitled to a spot. You seem salty that you got trolled by ghillie suited assassins. Sorry to break it to you, but there are people who get off on that in a video game. Chill out. Want to show them something? Then throw a flare on them, write their name down, get geared and improve your mechanics, then hunt them down instead of complaining on a forum they, or the devs, probably won't even read or care about. Just facts. Sorry, I am a realist, not in any way trying to come off as a douche. If I am, then well... IDK then. This is my best advice on how to deal with geared players who bully you = GIT GUD. (That's what I had to do, I understand the pains of lower geared players. Switch servers. Don't make life difficult. In the end, we're all just playing a video game)

#381 PeaceInChaos, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  2. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

I must add that salty people get trolled more often than others :) You see, if you get pked or lose in a duel and you start being rude/sore, you're inviting more trouble for yourself.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  3. PeaceInChaos

LOL funny because it's true.

4. Columba

yeah... no. I don't want to leave, so why should I? Please show me where it says in the TOS that if I am minding my own business, bothering no one, not interrupting anyone's rotations that I have to leave a location because some higher geared individual kills me? No, I don't think I shall follow any silly made up rules. I will pop one of the hundreds of elion's tears and chase them around to keep them flagged, thereby getting pvp practice. I don't choose to listen to the elitists.

5. Columba

no one owns a spot, which means I don't need to leave. "Established long ago???" hahahaha more made up nonsense that I will choose to laugh at and ignore.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  6. Columba

NO need to be rude. I simply ignore duel requests and keep playing if I am there first. If they choose to flag and attack, then I don't let them unflag by instant rezzing and attacking them until they die or leave or both.

Fearless V likes this.
  7. Fearless V

Not going to lie. That actually sounds pretty darn entertaining. I might actually give this a try next time. I also have loads of Tears that needs to be used.

Columba likes this.
  8. PeaceInChaos

Karma-bomber / griefer logic, go figure ლ(; ิ益 ิ;‘ლ) There'll always be entitled snowflakes like you, Columbo.

You don't make or break the game, moving along, nothing to see here.

9. Kadmilos

That's not true at all, the "developers" will do anything for money. Lets just have some pearl shop item which equalizes gear or some **** within a certain radius.

The solution is to ask Kash-Cow and PA to add a $50 pearl shop item which balances pvp; it'll be in our version within a week.

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  10. Columba

Yeah, Elitist logic. Play as you like and I will do the same. I AIN'T LEAVING, chump.

11. Kadmilos

tbqh. Stealing somebodies spot is scummy. Just because you have better gear doesn't mean you deserve the spot - it just means you've spent more time/money or have better luck than the guy you're stealing from.

You chumps realize when you murder others for their spots, you're effectively stealing from those that need it the most right? Kinda evil if you ask me.

Fearless V, Ben Phoenix and Columba like this.
  12. Eryola

This graph I found in 2016, like directly after the game was released... it's still useful, especially since you can't even lose xp in PvP anymore (when non-red):

PKchart.png

Ben Phoenix, Berlinetta and Columba like this.
  13. Columba

Alas another slow one who needs the lesson. Sigh.. Here we go...Karmabombing is a fictitious construct, fabricated by pk kiddies who can't handle a little karma loss. Since NO ONE can force ANYONE to flag, it's really Karmacide. Now for the obligatory PSA: Learn To Share (TM)!

14. PeaceInChaos

You've joined the forum in 2016 and still don't know the real definition of "karma bombing"? Are you not geared enough yet to defend your spot, or what? What gives? Anyway here is the REAL definition, before you keep up your lies:

Karma-bombing: An act of grief within BDO done by a salty player to intentionally reduce another player's karma through means of getting pk'd repeatedly; which act, is mostly done over grind spots.

It's a made up word made by the community, you've been here for 3 years and still don't know this? You think the world is flat too, or what?

15. Berlinetta

How can one intentionally reduce somebody's karma ? Can I just walk to a player, press a button and reduce his Karma ? No. You need to enable PVP mode and kill me , which is purely your decision.
    So karmabombing is when a person is baiting you or provoking you in order to make you to lose karma. And if you are so easily provoked and baited, it's your fault.

Fearless V and Kadmilos like this.
  16. Berlinetta

Brilliant work over here. No sarcasm.

17. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 61 EU

Right but running into a spot someone is already grinding in and just grinding over them is ok right?
    Cause that is what mostly happens. The amount of times I've been flagged on cause someone wanted my spot or just plainly to grief me is so small compared to the amount of people that waddle into a rotation I'm grinding on and start to grind over me. This happens nearly every time I'm grinding....

Share the rotation? Why? It's sadly just punishing in this game and all I get is an inefficient grind and less drops.
    Even if I keep outgrinding them, I get way less xp and drops and I had people trying as long as 10 - 15 min to outgrind me and clearly failing, plus not every class is equally fast in grinding.

Plus it seems to be a thing now to grind over parts of 3 different rotations.... why do people that can't even clear a tiny rotation think they need to grind over 3 rotations? And then QQ if they are being killed.

I swear the entitlement I see on a daily base is really getting out of hand.
    Getting told to be a bully and learn to share cause you pk such people while those people literally purposely trying to push you out of a spot or taking more then they need so less people can grind... is really mind boggling.

18. Ben Phoenix

Nope, they don't, they are simply arrogant and selfconfident because of their gear. They were also bullied when newbies and now, since they got some decent gear and lvl, they do the same with other newbies. Very "intelligent" behaviour if you ask me.

Columba likes this.
  19. Kadmilos

So... somebody who really needs to get better gear and probably exp is trying their hardest to grind mobs and your solution is to kill them because it makes it inefficient for you for them to exist. Maybe you should use your words and explain to them about how to go about it - or show them somewhere better on the map they could be?

Really "entitled"?, but isn't it you that is saying they don't deserve that spot because.. what you're stronger?

hmmmmmm....

Columba and Fearless V like this.
  20. MisterJoy

Since channel change has cooldown, I don't care about people claiming the spot.