1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why refusing duel for spot is perceived so negatively?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Preslavv, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Ben Phoenix

I must say that it rarely happened me to be killed while grinding. When a guy came the spot where I was grinding one time and asked for a duel, I said no and kept grinding. He killed me, I didn't have healing pots and he was stronger than me but it took time for him to kill me. I came back and kept killing mobs quickly, he run after me and killed me another couple of times, I let him do it, didn't care much. After 3 times he gave up. That was even funny in a way. I usually look for small rotations that aren't so popular and I actually often share the rotation with other people in areas like Nagas where there's plenty of mobs and spots and the mobs spawn fast. Worked always well for me.

Yulanda and Columba like this.
  2. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

I don´t say they don´t deserve the spot but they have the option to look for an empty spot or inform themselves about other spots and/or rotations. So just because someone with lower gear then me decides he now wants to grind in the spot I am already grinding infor an hour means I have to leave?

I am always pointing my Newbies to all sorts of different spots depending on what they look for. You are acting like that one spot I am grinding in is the one and only spot available for someone with lower gear.
    And on what factors do YOU decide who deserves a grindspot and who not? So Vets with higher gear don´t deserve scrolls to progress with their gear? They don´t deserve xp to progress with their level?

Like honestly on level 56 - 58 there are tons of spots that give good xp, heck Shrooms and Fadus are worth it purely for the SP as they will need it later on anyways and the Gear upgrades at this point are way cheaper too.

And as this seems to be news to you... All high geared players were once low geared too and we had to fight for grindspots and we went for all sorts of different grindspots that were less contested... guess what, yes we still managed to progress while not even having Kama and Drieghan grindspots available to us.

And wouldn´t it be in common interest to request adjustments of other grindspots so we can move on there?

3. Columba

Read again. I am not forcing anyone to flag up and attack me. It’s karmacide, Lol. Karmabombing is made up so pk kiddies can play the victim.

Yulanda and Fearless V like this.
  4. Columba

I get accused of so called Karmabombing for defending myself while not interrupting anyone’s rotations. I never interrupt others' rotation. 100% of the time when I am accused of so called karmabombing (which is fictitious) is when some overgeared punk shows up when I am minding my own business and tells me to leave, demands a duel or simply kills me. I never flag when people interrupt my grind, I simply outgrind them. I rezz and chase them down, never letting them unflag. Often I kill them , sometimes they go red, mostly they leave after nasty whispers. I get free pvp experience, lovely whispers, and sometimes get them banned for harassment. Occasionally I get decced. I care not. Therefore, I ignore people who whine about this. If I am there first, interrupting no one, NOTHING will make me leave until I am good and ready.

#404 Columba, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    SyrioX, Yulanda, RainbowRat and 2 others like this.
  5. LordCrusty

9/10 Karma bombing is not a thing, if you flag on someone you are choosing and accepting the negative impacts of it and blaming the person for making you lose karma is ridiculous. While i agree people should not go into some else's grind spot and repeatedly die i have 0 sympathy for someone coming into a my grind spot where i have been at for X time minding my own business and they decide to flag.

You don't go into an arcade and skip the line and punch the current game user to try and take the spot then blame them for a sore or broken wrist ,you wait your turn or find another machine or in this case grind spot. The person doing this would be seen an idiot and a very rude person, why does it matter if it's a online game vs a arcade machine? Being an *** is being an *** and if your going to be an *** you face the negative consequences.

The downside to doing what is perceived as "karma bombing" can have negative consequences tho, most guilds will not take you because what people refer to as karma bombing is unsightly and they don't want to bring down the hammer on their guild with decs. Also when you start to get your gear higher you will probably start looking for things like miramok or gyfins, if your known as a "karma bomber" people won't take you.

Let me just state point blank i'm an above softcap wiz and while i do not "karma bomb" myself i do believe the term is made up and i do not believe anyone has a right to force someone to leave a spot they have been at. It's risk vs reward and you flagging on someone is the risk you take that it may make you go negative, go to jail or lose exp and the reward is you get the spot.

Weather you are trying to take someone elses grind spot or refusing to leave if someone tries to take it you know the consequences and do not blame others for your decision.

6. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Witch 60 NA

+1 Well said!

7. ulti19

Goddamn! *in neigan voice* This was one entertaining read! Love how ppl get so over emotional over a video game mechanic.

8. PancakeRift

If Karma Bombing wasnt a thing, why do the majority of BDO guilds boot you if you do it? Glad they do.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  9. Fearless V

If this invisible being that religious Type-0 beings named God isn't real. Than why do they all worship it?

Irrational responses and behaviors are just that, irrational!

Jupto and Columba like this.
  10. Columba

if a flat earth isn’t a thing, why does the Flat Earth Society kick you for not believing in it?

Fearless V likes this.
  11. PancakeRift

Its not getting toxic over a mechanic. The karma system is meant to prevent griefing. Though it just created a new form of it by karma bombing. No one owns a grind location. Its only controlled, it should be controlled by the stronger player. Asking to duel someone and then they refuse is toxic. Thats what people get angry at. Not losing karma but the lack of bdo "etiquette" shown in that location.

Lots of times when I duel for spot in lower areas with my mains gear on an alt to lvl him and I 1 shot the person who accepted the duel I let them have the spot coz in that case they do need it more than me. However if im in a location on my main to make money rather than level. The one who needs it is equal. Then ill keep the area. if they wish to grief a dec will be placed on their guild till the matter is sorted out between guild masters.

12. ulti19

For sure, I get everyone has a different mindset when playing. I just mean, tis a game and meant to be enjoyed. Unfortunately people take things extremely seriously and badly when things don't go their way in the game. This is sad. This is an open pvp world game. You will die, peeps will be douchbags, you will have fun too though, die and win many fights, make allies and foes! Just the nature of the beast. Let's not get worked up over it:D jus a game. Fight for fun!!!! Gamers too serious these days, need to chill;) All is well in your life if these are your problems! Be happy!

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  13. Columba

Learn To Share!

Jupto likes this.
  14. ulti19

Learn to share!
    Learn to fight if sharing fails!
    Learn to die well!
    Learn to have fun!

PeaceInChaos and Ben Phoenix like this.
  15. PancakeRift

Karma bombing is a social rule that the majority of the BDO community has agreed is a bad thing. If you use these arguments to argue social rules in the real world that you disagree with then I really do feel sorry for your parents. It is clear they have failed you. These would be somewhat alright arguments if it had to do with a physical issue. You wouldnt bring this pathetic argument up if you were arguing why the enhancing system is bad or good (depending on your side of the argument). Or why its bad to steal for a real world comparison. So why bring it up here?

Redundant argument. You are trying to compare a physical argument with a social argument. Everything that this argument rests on assumes that you can 100% prove that karma bombing is right or wrong, you cant. If you wish to have a moral connection in it, it would be a neutral act that creates consequences that are negative.

Its seen as bad by the majority of the community and cant be changed due to the toxicity it creates on both sides. It even causes negativity on a guild who is pro-karma bombing. All their members will be griefed for a short while per world chat request. Shutting down all progression for their members that day.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  16. PancakeRift

Ay, if the game didnt penalise me for partying up in a PvE situation id gladly invite people to grind rather than trying to muscle them out of their spot :/

17. Fearless V

If you have such a huge gear advantage in a low tier grind spot. That you are one shotting players and then complaining about being punished for it. Than you sir are among the lowest of the low of Type-0 beings.

Why are you not grinding for more silver/hour at hystria, aakman, manshaum or ronaros? Sounds like you are just another one of those beings. That get off on just bulling undergeared players. And expect them to stop playing just because you want to be a douche.

How would you Type-0 beings feel. If beings like myself was to do this to you?

Just as a rough example.

Or better yet just send you beings a cmd to your PCs that'll overheat, your router and or motherboard to the point of frying them completely. Just because we can? Sounds funny to you?

Now since you think that the victims, of your crimes in game should be punished instead of you. I believe that you should suffer as the victim while the White hat get's no punishment. Actual instead that since you didn't stop that person from being able to do that to your equipment. That no employers that touch, on anything related to technology should ever employ you now. Again, sounds great right?

It's the same thing just, in a different environment, on a little bit more grander scale. But you get my point.

18. davidiven

2019 and people are still upset when getting killed at grind spots

19. Fearless V

I don't see or hear people complaining about "getting killed at grind spots".

What I do see is.. A bunch of primitive and barbaric douches. Who are complaining about the penalties for pretty much griefing. Than demanding that the victims should be punished instead.

2019, and beings are still upset about not being able to grief others, without punishment.

SyrioX, Jupto, Yulanda and 1 other person like this.
  20. davidiven

all i saw from you is crying about high gear players at low-mid grind spots, in fact it's just bs. Do you think geared players waste their time for scrubs like you while they can grind at high-end spots?
    I can count the amount of time i get killed by high gear players on one hand. Most of the people I fight have gear around my gs, grind spots are limited, that's why people fight for them, if you cant take it why you play the game in the first place lol.

PeaceInChaos likes this.