1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why refusing duel for spot is perceived so negatively?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Preslavv, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Valient

Valient Ninja 60 EU

thats a normal human reaction, but going back to die again and again. thats why, give a serious consequence for killing a person, so ppl dont do it because they feel like it, equally give a consequence for dying again and again, so the person doesnt just go back just to die.

for example, someone ganks you, you die, but do not lose anything because the other person initiated. you come back to try and kill the guy, but he kills you again. now you have the choice to come back to die again and again, or go to another spot. going to another spot you dont lose time, the other guy doesnt lose time.

some ppl suggested removing the karma loss for 10 mins for killing the same person, but this can easily lead to grefing; a more suitable suggestion is to make the person go to the main city for that region after dying like 2-3 times, so if they want to go back to die again, they have to make an effort.

DiaborMagics and flukeSG2 like this.
  2. Columba

I do lose plenty when ganked. Time, rezz pots, etc. most of us don’t go back simply “to die again.” Stop assuming that. I rezz and chase my enemy in order to kill him. I don’t let him unflag unless he leaves. Again, if I am minding my own business, not interrupting others’ rotations, why should I NOT be able to use elion’s Tears to fight ? Why should I be punished? I want to fight not suicide.

zerkeros and Stillwaters like this.
  3. HooFlungDung

The difference is property rights. I have property rights to my wallet. You have no rights to digital content that you do not own/did not create.

Next question?

Fearless V, Rasta667 and Columba like this.
  4. HooFlungDung

So what you're saying is that we should give soft capped players and up exclusive rights to grind spots? Am I interpreting that correctly?

Stillwaters and Columba like this.
  5. bloodpuddle

bloodpuddle Lahn 62

bruh he's literally telling irl people to go to hell and ur getting mad at some in-game threats

plus i'm not even tough OR geared i'd just love to kill this toxic spot hogger over and over again

6. Valient

Valient Ninja 60 EU

i've said this before, thats what you should be doing, but after dying 3 times, do you really think you're gonna kill that guy? im talking about the ppl who come back purely to die, then when you dont kill them after losing so much karma they proceed to trash talk, those who are there just to make you mad.
    and you get softcapped players where you grind? no one is ever going to be the same gear score in a fight.

hence make the higher lvl areas better than lower lvl areas, but even then you'll be getting players who are stronger, players who are weaker.

Fearless V, choovanski and flukeSG2 like this.
  7. ManlyBeard

Just agree to duel for spot but turn on auto refuse duels in settings.

They get triggered and flag, it’s funny af

Lefteye, Stillwaters and Rasta667 like this.
  8. Columba

It doesn’t matter whether I think I will kill them(I have killed some after 3 times by the way). I refuse to stop fighting and I will not leave. I see no reason why I should leave.

#128 Columba, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  9. JustFiyen

Same.
    If they wanna be losing Karma so that we can practice pvp till they leave that's fine with me.

I don't do that if I wasn't the first one there, but I'll definitely do it if it was "my spot" for a while before.

Stillwaters, VerboMiau and Columba like this.
  10. Valient

Valient Ninja 60 EU

im all for keep fighting, but after a while that guy wont be able to fight with you anymore, so how will you fight him? will you turn on pk?

a spot does not belong 1 person, a person earns the right to be there, by combat, or by simply being the only person there.

the problem, is atm, you can also earn it by just making the other person go negative karma, which takes 0 effort, because all you do respawn and run at them till they kill you.

11. Columba

I agree. A spot doesn’t belong to anyone. I don’t agree that a person earns a right to be there by combat ONLY. That is one way, IF his opponent agrees. One way to get agreement is to gank the opponent. Another way is to group up. Another way is to share. Another way is to be respectfully request a duel. Another way is to negotiate with the opponent to go elsewhere. Another way is to declare war on their guild. Another way is to bring your guild. So, there’s not only combat. There are no conditions under which a pkr can no longer fight anymore. They may choose NOT to fight anymore, but that’s different. If my attacker chooses to no longer attack me, that is his choice. If he turns red then, I won’t need to flag up. I may continue to attack him or have mercy. It depends on how respectful he has been. Making him go negative doesn’t take zero effort, lol. I fight as hard as I can, burn pots (some requiring real cash) and take time away from grinding. So please, don’t assume zero effort.

12. Valient

Valient Ninja 60 EU

yes mate, i know, but thats you, not everyone is the same. if a person doesnt want to go red, and stops attacking you, will you go back to grinding or attack him?
    that being said, i've seen a person being greifed for 4 hrs straight by 1 person, that 1 person was spouting all sorts of profanities, and specifically said he was there to greif, ofc no one cared about going red (i think like 10-15 ppl went red there) but you see, 15 ppl vs 1 person, that 1 person still wins in the end, because he doesnt lose anything after dying for 4 hrs.

i agree with the sharing, and partying up, the game should incentivise partying so grind goes faster, or you get more loot etc etc, but atm solo grind is much better than partying.

that being said, if a person is so low geared to the point where they does 0 dmg to you and you breath in their direction and they drop like a fly, it would be common courtesy to let him be. (if its at a spot like gahaz or crescents then that wouldnt apply) because those areas you should know and should be geared enough to defend yourself.)

flukeSG2 and Columba like this.
  13. JustFiyen

Grinding at nagas once and a group of 3-4 players came up to take the spot.

They started to call me trash et for STAYING exactly where I had been for hours. Insisted they were there first and flagged up. 3 v 1 and I beat them. They then came back saying "get desert debuff" over and over.

Like why would I? I could clear faster than them and kill them when they flagged.

People are riddiculous.

I'd have just partied them if they'd wanted.
    Even better they said they were gonna Dec but then never did!!!! They promised!!!!!

The guy said he was from FML or something. :/ Still havnt gotten my promised Dec...

Point is with players like that even when they lose they don't leave. Duel or not.

#133 JustFiyen, Jun 18, 2018
    Stillwaters, Rasta667 and Columba like this.
  14. Janus

Usually I find myself on the side of the argument that being stronger doesn't automatically give the "right" to a grindspot. And I usually let people grind in peace if they were at a spot before me. But last weekend:
    -guy came into my rotation at Pila Ku (not main spot) on Arsha and started grinding, which obviously reduced the efficiency of my grind
    -I initiated a duel, he accepted but lost twice (him striker, me wiz so he must have had very low gear), he then ended the duel and kept on as before
    -then he refused to duel further and instead stated that only idiots duel on Arsha (we were in desert area) and I should just flag up and try to kill him ->he was obviously hoping I would get sent to jail by the frequent 550+ GS people passing by
    -when I didn't, he started insulting me and tried to target exactly the mobs I was after (as I was grinding for a map piece). He didn't know that the person with the highest dmg contribution (usually me) gets the loot, so he thought he was to some degree successful. As strikers are way more mobile than wiz, there were a few times where he actually did kill the mob before I got there.
    -his guild was unfortunately "not ready for war"

Overall this reduced my grind speed a bit and made it a lot less relaxed, but I didn't want to be so mean as to grab or freeze him and let him be killed by mobs. I was pretty close to that measure, though.
    Anyways, that experience did make me wish for Arsha (or whatever server) to be a truly free open world PvP server. At least in the desert region, people can still grief on Arsha as it is now.

#134 Janus, Jun 18, 2018
  15. Columba

Yeah that is a jackass player. I wish there was a way to punish clowns like this WITHOUT punishing the others.

16. Columba

Where I grind. If someone else is that low geared compared to me, then they won’t affect my grind efficiency. Then again, I don’t grind in easy locations.

17. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

What? If he's unable to be killed, he's not supposed to be there? That doesn't even make sense. What kind of backward logic is that?

If you can't defend the spot you are at or want, you don't belong there.

There are no gear restrictions anywhere on this world map. If someone with 250 AP gains more EXP or silver/loot at Gahaz, they aren't prohibited from going there.

All you are saying is when you can't win you throw a temper tantrum to get your way.

18. Columba

Show me EXACTLY in the tos that states that if I cannot “defend” my spot that I cannot play there. Better yet, define “cannot defend.” It seems as though if I am clearing mobs quickly enough to trigger you elitists, then I AM defending the spot, lol

19. Angarato

the karma system has been cancer since they took out the penalty for the loser. you now have a community of weak cucks on both sides. the karma bombing trash and the "duel fer spot" crowd.

karma bombers are trash cause they dont get the true nature the game was designed for which was ruined by carebears and retarded devs. the spots are finite for a reason. so you fight over them. but since the losers doesnt lose anything he wont leave. they use to lose exp and that god those tards to leave really fken quick.

then you have the duel for spot shitters that want your spot but dont want to take a karma penalty for it. I claimed this spot, either by being here first OR by beating someone else out of it. you show up and want a chance for a free spot without any of the penalties.
    the 1 in the spot gains absolutely nothing from dueling you, but has everything to lose
    the 1 trying to take the spot loses and risks nothing, but has everything to win.

both these scenarios are idiotic behavior for the reason that the winning party is highly disadvantaged. people want all the rewards and none of the risks and the dumb devs help them with this ********.

at least we have arsha now but thats honestly just a bandaid fix. since on arsha you also lose nothing on death and gain nothing from killing someone. so pvp is still kinda pointless cause they could still come back every single time if they wanted too.

AZzalor, Diazine, Kusaragii and 4 others like this.
  20. Columba

Hahaha. Learn to Share if you can’t handle it