1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why so many good PEN acc on the market

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by TheMac, Oct 24, 2020.

1. TheMac

Why are there so many PEN accessories on the market right now? Is something fishy going on here? It's kind of hard to believe there are so many Pen accessories on the market at the same time.

2. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Maybe something to do with the guild node overpayments.

Vortexii and Sequenzer like this.
  3. Ninjago

Probably KAKAO should investigate?

When we used to play LOTRO and ESO, the item posted on market place has The specific sellers name.

Deyric likes this.
  4. NightGlider

uh didn't they just bust all the hackers who tried to bug the game with that node tax manipulation?

BDO probably restored/undid all the **** they bought with that money from all the banned players and put them back on the market.

5. LeCordonBleu

? Last I checked, the exploit only rewarded unusually large sums of tax money, excluding pen accessory failstacks. Quadrillion in tax money left unchecked would have wiped the marketplace clean of all pen accessories, not overwhelm demand due to offsetted supply. Market has been flooded with pen accessories since the pen accessory price hike, which took place with the patch from 2~3 weeks ago. Please, don't spread false information with comically flawed speculations.

zhagsten and jenisiz7 like this.
  6. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I never spread anything , I was just making a suggestion. Get of your high horse and stop acting like you know it all.

Eques3n likes this.
  7. jenisiz7

@LeCordonBleu is right. Answer is pretty obvious to me.

Because they're 100+Bil now. When they were 40 to 50 it was much more attainable. Law of attrition due to burn out also vets and end gamers won't keep buying accessories so its up to new players. Why I'm an advocate for gear match queued pvp like mobile has to keep new players that enjoy the game interested in other more end game activities but with equal footing to keep them interested and motivate for that pen ogre. With the increased prices its going to take a lot longer for them to purchase leading to a stock build up. This is why the gear gap will only be more noticeable now. Despite seasons "catch up" mechanics. New players will go for tet accessories first...and in all honesty, burn out before a single 100+ bil item. I'm full tet acc and enhanced all my own, sure several are enhancing their own now too at this new cost.

The immediate payout per each member was nowhere near 100bil each. If I remember correctly it was around 25ish before caught.

Zerker at thornwood was laughing at our almost 70 gs difference on my hash while using the grab bug to feed to mobs on non arsha spamming asking if my crystals were broken...I lost an elkar...but already know how toxic some bdo players are, getting gear checked is a right of passage in BDO, I know a lot that have quit because of it due to only having 2 to 3 hours to play a day and seeing the time or money needed to actually have a chance at end game spots, rbf or ba. All the really good spots are usually contested by folks with 650+ so newer or part time players have to grind lower end making 80 - 140mil an hour. If you're grinding full time between 7 to 8 hours a day that's a bil a day. So I'd say roughly 3 months of straight saving for a single item grinding almost every day full time...and there's not that many new hard-core players as those usually started at launch or years ago. How long you think all these new seasons players will take to even begin considering pen acc? 100 Bil is quite awhile to save up for. So more then likely they'll be focusing on more attainable gains for quiet awhile. With so many new games on the way and out like cyber, destiny and genshin...only those die hard vets that got on that 43 bil ogre will be sticking around. The few remaining 600 to 615 gs players with dedication just have to grind, grin and bear it. But I can assure you the drop off is INSANE. I'd imagine the Law of attrition hits hardest here and of the 7 friends brought in...I'm the only one remaining

Raising the prices of pens was very moronic for the longevity of this game. The decision was obviously financially motivated...but with an ignorance for economics.

#7 jenisiz7, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  8. NightGlider

so I don't get it. If you are going to spend 50b ~ 100b on PEN accessories anyway, why not just buy costumes, stack up on CRONS and blow several chances for a PEN attempt with a high FS? If it fails then you can just quit the game and be done with it hehe.

9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

u have to be aware that there are also players that bought full pen accessories from smh payout times for like 10-15bil a pop few years ago. u can only imagine THEIR gear today. :D

Blitzball, TucoRamires and jenisiz7 like this.
  10. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Playing BDO on official servers like they would be doing it on a private one ; that's what happened in the end.
    In the end, they're the ones who are playing the most interesting version of BDO's pvp when they meet another player with the same gear. Well, we could all have a better taste of this pvp without the brackets but... Well...

11. Synthesis_Window

Someone got it right, simply because people knowing prices for pen acc were going up were hoarding them. Now it's a good time to sell, so more are available. Nothing to do with the node tax, it was like this before.

However a downside is the gear gap at end game levels--not high/medium/low that's actually the easiest it's ever been with seasons and oasis/quest gear--is really high. It's not the gear but those who caphra'd early this year when you could basically buy as many as you could afford. Cheaper pens, cheaper and fully stock caphras = those who geared up end game then have a ridiculous time advantage.

Most people will never get pen acc, too pricey now and enhancing tet acc is bad enough but pen weapon/armor pens are realistic with grinding since you don't have to enhance anymore to get them but the real end is caphra level and that will be the only way most semi hardcore players will be able to improve their GS.

#11 Synthesis_Window, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  12. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

When prices are too high and making it by himself relies too much on luck, yep, most people won't bother.
    If nobody is selling it because the prices are too low to cover the cost, then the system is at fault.

So, in the end, you may be an involved player, a good grinder and/or a good lifeskiller, and you may never get the result of your hard work. That, in itself, is a faulty game design and sadly, many players are accepting this design without thinking (map, compass, infinite potion everyone ?). Is that the "content" you want? Don't you want some innovative mechanisms instead, or at least a more reasonable impact of RNG in your game?

13. Kikux

because the game in NA is broken and they will do nothing to fix it because many whales will get a ban.

14. Khondo

Stop suggesting crappy opinions of things that you have no idea about.

There have been numerous PEN accessories on the market since they raised the in game price. People trying to make a quick profit selling them before the price goes back down. Also with the increase in price more players are making accessories to sell for profit.

Nothing at all wrong/suss with simply oversupply.

15. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Stop being rude. You disagree with me so state your reasons to disagree without the aggro.

16. MADE

I doubt their prices will go down much.

17. Khondo

Normally I am not, but you very obviously said something that was just to spread bad information about something you have no idea about.

I am so sick of people stating rumors and false statements in BDO. So much conspiracy from people who are disgruntled with a computer game.

18. Alodylis

I sold a pen tungrad neckless about week or two ago Just got it tho made it few days before sold

19. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

No I said maybe because that is a suggestion that it may be the cause, not me stating a fact. Perhaps you need to work on your reading comprehension. I was not attempting to spread anything at all.

20. Alodylis

If it’s oversupply the price will be crap pen should be more exspensive if you ask me pen armors and weapons are way to cheap should be like 20-35b each. The cron cost for armor and weapons is one of the most fair things about the game and acc cron forget it way to much dog let’s all get along don’t want to show up ImAtYourNode