1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why tf is the jail defbuff in the pvp server?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by IHirs, Feb 28, 2018.

1. IHirs

but you still loose gems (enhance lvl if you dont have gems) and xp if you are neg

2. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Rename it to Arena of Half-Arseha.

Because it is a half arsed idea.

Redarion, Vunak, IHirs and 1 other person like this.
  3. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Not once ever did anyone say the PvP channel was a punishment free channel.

You are literally no better than the noobs who karmabomb, you just want no penalties for your actions just like they do.

4. IHirs

Im just gonna assume ur a troll

YajStylez likes this.
  5. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I'll assume the same of you.

6. 6footgeeks

Arena of halfra?

7. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

Whats more broken is the ppl going for the same mobs and when u flag and they die a few times they get mouthy

8. Columba

the only mouthy people I experience are the ones who waltz into an area where I am minding my own business and tell me to leave. When I make them work for it, they really get mouthy. When I report them and they get banned, it's golden.

9. Atron

Due to bad coding. They can't turn it off without breaking some other aspect of the game.

Simple as that.

10. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

You are not serious are you? The server is there for people to freely kill each other. If you enter Arsha expect to be killed for whatever reason. Saying the killer is a bad person and deserves it is just hilarious.
    If you want to make reallife comparisons you might as well just go to jail now as you killed hundreds of "living beings". Please just hand yourself over to the authorities and tell them how many foxes, sheeps, and other species you have killed without permission.

It just sucks as it disencourages you engaging in pvp. If you would go 15 to 1 at sausans, because this super persistent guy comes back again and again and again. In the desert this guy will do the same and then eventually you will die once and you are the one being punished a lot harder on the server that is meant to freely kill each other. If you kill in the desert those persistent people just come back for hours as they see it as a free ticket to continue their griefassault.

As other people said you could fix it by removing jail, but keeping negative karma penalties or prevent negative karma people from entering all along. Remove karma gain etc. many possible solution. The jail is just eventually punishing the winner of the fight over a spot.

11. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

You're talking about trading one channel where griefing gets no penalties to another channel where another form of griefing gets no penalties (if the jail where removed).

If you guys so desperately want to PvP, just do it. It sounds like the OP wants to just kill with absolutely no penalty what so ever and for the most part he can, just not in the desert. He complained about it and I replied I think it's the most balanced part of the game. Is it really so bad if you kill a someone 15 times as you said, but he manages to get you 1 time in return and it sends you to jail? Doesn't seem that bad to me. No gear downgrades, no broken crystals, no loss of exp. That sounds like a completely fair trade if you ask me. Which is why I think the entire game should be that way. Ditch the retarded karma system and put that everywhere, hell of a lot more fun.

12. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

How is it a fair trade? He needs 20sec to come back every time and you need 20minutes. If you put that everywhere you will heavily encourage griefing, as the person who flaggs and kills first will be marked forever with no way out giving everyone else a free ticket to come back until he eventually dies. I could just go into any spot, go alongside someone who is arleady farming there and wait for him to flag, get myself killed, come back and kill him. I do not get why you would want to promote this kind of behaviour.
    If you wanted it to be fair the people getting killed should as well land somewhere as far off as the jail. So you actually have the same risk involved coming back. But I doubt people would want this.
    Just look at how few messages you get about people getting send to jail. People just do not kill as much in the desert, despite it being the "outlaw" area. In the time I see one message popping up I made 50kills myself.

13. zhagsten

That's what happen when you have several layers of designs on top of each other. Apparently they can't disable the jail system. In the end it's the same server as the others, they just changed the karma loss on attacking and killing to 0. That's all they can do. You'll have to deal with it.

Calling it a PvP server has always been far-fetched. It's a karma-lossless server. And if it's still not enough for you, too bad, they made an effort. BDO was never meant to have full PvP. So eat the crumbs. You can also politely suggest to remove the jail system in case they find a cheap way to allow it. But crying on the forums... that's futile.

14. Rayin

How many times you have to be ashamed publicly and your points must be dismantled before you'll get that if you don't like to PvP you can obviously ignore threads that are about PvP instead of forcing to leave whoever likes an aspect that you personally dislike?

Your opinion on the matter, being highly biased and unconsistent, is null. Same as mine in regard of farming or horse training, as i don't give 2dimes about them. Yet i don't comment every horse trainer thread or farmer because i dislike both and i vent my frustration about a single aspect of the game i like, in an active and aggressive plea to remove both from it.

IHirs likes this.
  15. Mana_Mafia

But the people that lose have zero consequence. Resurrect at node, walk 10 seconds. This is not a consequence.

Jail is fine, but it does not belong on the PvP server.

#35 Mana_Mafia, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    IHirs likes this.
  16. IHirs

Yeah, they dont get sent to the other side of the desert for a hour

17. WeaselPaw

WeaselPaw Valkyrie 61 EU

The first sentence made me think you were joking but it looks like it's not the case.
    IRL the victim doesn't respawn and call the police (which are his friends btw) to deal with the murderer. And the cops don't just throw themselves at a killer, they take precautions cause there are repercussion (aka they die) if they **** up.
    Could you at least use decent arguments ?

That might be true but it is still imbalanced. As long as one party has strictly nothing to lose, you shouldn't punish the other.
    At the very least, if someone send another player to jail flag him up for every other bandit and send him somewhere if he dies by their hand. It's the first game I know where you can attack a red player without any after thought.

18. Tetrinox

I've seen a lot of "if you PvP you are a bad person in real life".

This forum has the most special snowflakes in the entire Internet.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  19. Columba

pvprs, pkrs, pvers are all fine people. My issue is with the wannabee pvprs who want no consequences for ganking lowbies.

20. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

How is it fair? Because it's a law and order system. You kill someone you face a penalty of jail and the only consequence you face is the loss of more time than the person you killed, that's it. A completely fair trade.

It does not promote griefing from anyone, the person being killed...what do they gain from coming back and dying repeatedly to a stronger player? They inflict nothing upon them.

You guys want no penalties for killing players and that's just as bad as karmabombers. I've been saying that for over a year now. You want no penalties, be a karmabomber, problem solved.

Jail is only a consequence if someone kills you, otherwise you get to go around free of any kind of penalty.

It's just like real life, if you assault someone you go to jail. The other side loses their spot. It's not imbalanced at all.

You guys want no penalties, karmabomb. I myself love the jail system on the PvP server and wish it were everywhere, brings back the feeling the game had at launch where there was equal penalty for both sides.