1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why this game is not pay to win...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Silverfauve, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

P2W is a broad term. P2W gives significant advantage over poor joe, and ruins games. BDOs model encourages players to invest 100s of euros over time to compete in the gearrace and ruins the game. Any whale with a brain in this game has significant advantage. Buying costumes for crons and pen push is super rng and expensive, but the fact that such a wallet-method exist ruins the overall game experience. Gone are the times one could say that each player's progress depended on the individual hours put down and luck.

The only reason the cow keeps getting milked is because the core game is good and no other cow on the market offers same combat/farmville experience.

Korvgubben and Souldealer like this.
  2. Escapism

I was referring with full pen to players in full pen boss armors + weapons and tet/pen accessories, since that was the highest that even existed until 2-3 months ago when the first player on ru reached full pen including accs.

And no, "p2w" does NOT have to include winning. Its a figurative speech, not a literal abbreviation, and it never was.

p2w that would include "actual winning" would mean you pay money to instantly reach the ending credits and get your game uninstalled, if there would be still something left to do you havent "won" yet. As long as you stick to the idea that "winning" is a requirement for anything to be considered p2w, then nothing can ever be p2w, even if you could buy a +1000 ap buff only on the cashshop, you still wouldnt have won anything, you would still have to grind/pvp/fight yourself ("invest time").

3. Eynix

People have problems with words definition. P2W, when you can beat the game against money, no matter the amount. Right now, you can basically buy endgame gears out of money. This is P2W, whether you like or not. This is not a subjective debate, this is fact. Before, you could buy costume and sell them for IG money. Yes it was stupid expensive, but it is still P2W whether you like it or not. Facts are stubborn.

This game is made for whales, and there's tons of them here. We - the "standart" players - must accept this fact and either stop the game or continue while knowing some activities (like PvP) won't be available for us.

RoakOriginal, Josh28, Life2v and 2 others like this.
  4. Meowingtons

To all people defending this game is not p2w.: have you played this game recently? I see pens pop up on a regular basis since patch was implemented. How is this not considered p2w?

5. Souldealer

Souldealer Warrior

Like i sad earlyer, many ppl have a lot of costumes horded up over the years. I will do a couple of attempts in the weekend, cause i have like 7-8 costumes on my alts that i will never use again. But i will never buy costumes just to melt them down. Just wait for the people to use up there stocked up costumes, then say how many pen attempts you see.

6. Capitaine Courage

Ok ... seems we got some very "special" individual here ...

Oh, right, everything is clear now, go on, nothing to see, he just doesn't have friends.

RoakOriginal likes this.
  7. Arreyanne

Arreyanne Lahn 59 NA

This was the best laugh I had all night

8. Eynix

Sorry I don't see anything of value in your comment, do you have something to say that actually worth saying ?

Life2v likes this.
  9. DrrrZolty

I wont even read it just delete account and thread without questions.

10. Tazbon

I had to laugh at this point. It really sums up the complete sadness of the entire "P2W" argument. People that pay nothing for a product think it is wrong that people that actual do pay for the product on a regular basis should not gain any advantage. Where do we send your participation trophy when you quit?

Arreyanne likes this.
  11. Korvgubben

NO.

I'm not even gonna elaborate on that response any further other than saying that I agree that the forum community is problematic.

Most of the so-called white knights or whatever degenaratory term you prefere to call them have minds that are built like simple bot programs. If you mention p2w in any shape or form to them it means that you are poor. There is no other answer in their brain of 1's and 0's. If you mention anything such as "personal worth", "integrity" or "sense of value" they wont understand you and think that they are being attacked and insulted hence responding with a "stop crying".

Have fun with your personal definition of p2w.

RoakOriginal, Josh28 and Hayate like this.
  12. Escapism

I spent a decent amount of money on bdo, I dont mind (prefer even) to pay regular subs for mmo's, I can deal with p2w in games and am realistic enough to know that its the future and we will probably never again get new top games without micro transactions, which im totally fine with, and i will keep buying vanity items and crap in other games as well.

"p2w is a scale"

Its up to everyone himself to decide when the p2w in a game has reached a point of becoming unbearable, unsustainable or too disproportionate to no longer be able to "accept" and deal with it. But there is no debatte about wether there is p2w or not.

And if you say that people should get more benefits for spending more money, you are directly advocating and promoting for more p2w.

Josh28 likes this.
  13. Eynix

A lot of us actually paid the product full price, fyi.

Now, there's something I need to address : before people were ranked regarding their skills, now they are ranked regarding their bank account. Regardless of your opinion on this, BDO is a game. It should be about having fun and personal skill, not financial capacity. See it like this : if you could say free players expect the same advantages than whales, I'll argue that whales are actually lazy ****s conpensating their lack of skills with money.

14. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

So pay2win does not have anything to do with winning, are you still sure it include paying?

Winning in a game like BDO is very subjective, anything from holding castle to top RBF score to higest level or best gear and all the way to just enjoying the game. Sure RL money can help in some of these aspects, but for some of them RL money make no diffrence no mather how much you spend

Josh28 likes this.
  15. Solsi

That's just one opinion. By using that definition, you're also saying that p2w is a concept that doesn't exists in any game lol :|

It's pretty much always possible to get the best weapon + items by playing normally, even in the most notorious and well-known p2w/f2p games on the market.

What makes them p2w is how long it takes to achieve the same goal&result, for someone that's not paying. If you only skip a few days or weeks by using cash shop than agreed, it's convenience. If you can skip half a year to a year or more of grinding&farming endgame gear and money, than I dunno how anyone can say it's only "convenience".

Convenience for me personally is items that helps you on the so called "journey". While p2w is items that drastically boosts your strength endgame, like best in slot or items&systems that massively increases your chance of getting it.

But that's my opinion. At the end of the day, it doesn't even matter how p2w is defined. It's all up to single individuals/users to make up their own mind about a game. If they think cash shop advantages are to much and p2w, they're allowed to feel that way and look for another game.

16. Maginha

So no matter how much a person pays for something, he should get the same things/products like the one who didnt pay, ööhm ofc the one paying more should get more...

Lets use a word i havent heard for like 15y, but it was used in this forums some times alrdy, and since im forum pvping for fun....

Youre a communist? Free markets and who pay can play are things you hate? So your leaving us for cuba shortly?

Shikine likes this.
  17. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 62 EU

Just because people don't waste 1k every month on artisan memories doesn't mean they aren't allowed to have an opinion mate. Almost everyone is running a VP every month which is basically a subscription so i guess everyone is entitled to have an opinion... Little by little they have implemented things that if summed up give more than a significant advantage to anyone throwing money at the screen, from my experience such games don't stand a chance in the EU/NA market in the long term. Its funny though how people still say this game ain't P2W after getting spammed by PEN successes for 3 days now. I guess when most people realize how bad this reflects to the game all there is gonna be left is the whales doing PvP with their wallets.....

RoakOriginal and Josh28 like this.
  18. WeaselPaw

WeaselPaw Valkyrie 61 EU

If the game was only pve and cooperative, you would be right OP.
    But as long as you can speed up your progress to beat and slow others' progress (because it's a game where the winners keep winning) it will have that weird smell.

19. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

omegalul.png
    yea i like chopping wood aswell

20. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

Its a shame that shilling like this is so rare now... Last year it was alot more common place with people posting proudly how much money they dropped on BDO and how people that didnt were just poor.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.