1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why this game will become irrelevant

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by HyperCuck, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Alexandrious

Its ok, when Scam of Creation finally reveals all that it really is, the whole, friggen, planet, will become salt.

Salt as far as the eye can see, salt here, salt there, salt everywhere! And I will be ready at the helm, driving my salt ship vessel across the oceans of salt. With my crew of salt seaworthy Trolls, as we find the whales who payed into the scam, that is spouting all the salt, and mercilessly slaughter them with a barrage of trolling, shitposts and "I told you so".

It will be GLORIOUS.

Hakazumi likes this.
  2. Rayin

It's not just that game, is every new MMORPG. Even in Crowfall the developers are communicating with the users. StarCitizen? they got tired of it after years, but that's mostly because they failed since the beginning to deliver their product, many users are noticing that and they are still going ahead to deliver half assed contents, milk more people (they even changed their own ToS in a ninja patch for that to remove refunds) and go ahead with that for years, putting up the perfect strategy that nowadays every company does: playing with the hype of people and giving to them the fake illusion that they love the product and the community more than the money themselves.

Speaking with the community isn't something special unless is done on regular basis, that's what i want the others to understand. That's what Daum did as well.
    That's what Nexon's branches in their awesome, glorious interviews do when they're going to release a new cashgrab game. They just set a team of people, mostly PR involved with the game that you'll never see again or hear of... and that's it, for 3-4 months you'll have all the love you'll need.
    It'll be amazing.

And then you'll wake up just to find the other side of your bed empty, with the developer zipping back his pants and saying "I'll call you later" while you're there staring at him shocked.

Alexandrious and Whito like this.
  3. Vyky

Vyky Maehwa EU

1:03
    - It is the World that has been pulled over your eyes to Blind you from the Truth.
    - What Truth?
    - That you are a Slave in BDO. Like everyone else you were born into a Prison that cannot smell or taste or touch. A Prison for your Mind your Wallet and your Time. Unfortunately no one can be told why the Players stick so hard for this Prison. You have to See it for Yourself.

0:28
    - Most of this People are not ready to be Unplugged. Many of them are so Nerd so hopelessly Dependent on this System that they will Fight to Protect it.

You take the Blue pill? Or the Red pill?

The choice is yours...

#43 Vyky, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  4. HyperCuck

All we have to agree on is that the game is **** LOL

5. Mikroman

You are not competitive in "Top player" sense. And this is the same in life skills too. You can't be competitive in "RM buffed" life skills without RM. More XP or shorter times in action will make you loser.
    Servers are not full. We have many AFK players and Olvia servers (channels) have crowdedd populations. Other channels are out of "mark" most of time. +"crowded" means nothing. That is graphical glitch in program. :D
    +status mark has "Red" version too. I see "overrun"-red state only 1 time in 1 channel last days... The game is doing fine but external source of items and materials (publishers and cash shop) make it worst and they make it p2w/less competitive.

6. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Oh god, here comes the sh*tty "pay to win" argument filled with baseless ideas. I have paid a good share and still haven't won sh*T. Tell me when we win something please.

Kanimae and Hakazumi like this.
  7. Mikroman

It's crowded... in 19:00... in the weekend.
    [​IMG]

8. HyperCuck

If you want to be a Top player you do have to spend money. If you don't agree with that you just are not top tier.

9. Nyhver

Rayin and the Matrix reference by Vyky already hit the nail on the head.

And it doesn't matter what any positive nancy says, convenience is P2W when convenience changes anything other than purely cosmetic, the degree of P2W matters but the defenders of P2W seem to have a definition that means if you could buy a full TET set of your choice, even boss gear for $0.10 then it wouldn't be Pay To Win, you can still get TET and PEN boss gear without buying from the pearl shop, you aren't buying any pearl-shop-specific items therefor it's not pay to win, merely convenience.

People who say this game isn't P2W buy a ridiculous pronged definition as fact.

The matter of spending less time and gear imbalances or advantages bought by money over other players being rooted in P2W is a fact.

You can defend and still play this game, as do I depending on subject, but don't be delusional about it.

It's very disconcerting that negative nancies inhibit others from their would be activities. Says a lot about people and their strength.

10. BDOisgarbage

Game. Was. Always. Trash. PvP. Wise.

This game, for a lack of a better term, is literally farmville. That's all it has going for it

11. Ateena

BDO is relevant?
    There are 2 korean games that still are being played - Aion and Lineage, the others come and go.
    Everyone can guess that's the fate of this game, so the devs, hence all the effort to milk as much moOney as possible.

12. Alexandrious

[​IMG]

13. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Lol you compare the biggest money grab called Aion and Lineage to this? And you call this milking money? Whaaaaat.

Hakazumi likes this.
  14. Mikroman

Selling (small?) advantages in high prices. Yes. This is milking tactic too. :D

15. Yule

game will never die because it's too big now. you have people playing this game purely to roleplay. as long as they are around, servers look populated, more new players come, more people crafting, more items in the marketplace, its a self-sustained game and it will wont die for another 20 years at this rate. old players replaced by new players constantly.

16. PurplePumpkin

I think the only way this game will become irrelevant is if the community dies. I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon but- this game could do with more ways for players to interact outside of grinding and pvp.

17. HyperCuck

Well a lot of the community has died. I don't think the game has much more time before most realize how bad this game is.

18. Ateena

Those moneygrabs still exist so they must be doing something right. Aion is active after so many years. Lineage 2 not so much but not shutdown.
    I have my doubts BDO will live even 1/2 of their age.

19. Nhisso

Your name is hypercuck. That says it all.
    But ill say more.
    Your complaint is mostly that mommy wont buy you outfits in BDO. Youre anti micro transaction; we get it.

As far as pvp, everyone else seems to be fine with it. Youre the brainwashed one. It's sad.

20. Impact

This game will die when a better one is released. This is all you needed to say /thread