1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why this game will become irrelevant

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by HyperCuck, Jan 24, 2018.

1. PurplePumpkin

More often than not when people like you come to the forums to insist that the game is dying. It's because you've grown to dislike it and you want to believe it's dying to validate you own feelings. There is still a lot of people playing this game and PA is still coming out with content on a regular bases for players. They've done something akin to dungeons for people who wanted something like dungeons. They made a pvp arena for people who wanted that. This year they're also coming out with new professions & a new region.

Now, have they added things no one asked for? yeah.
    But have they added things that people have asked for? also yeah.
    Just because the results aren't immediate doesn't mean they aren't listening. I'd agree with you if nothing was being done, but this game is still growing and changing.

Hakazumi likes this.
  2. Roechacca

The server problems will cause the most damage over time. Its easy to see why the population fluxuates so much. People can only handle doses of BDO at a time and then vacation. Kakao knows it. Those players from launch know it. Its why I listened to them before ever making a significant investment. Play casual , relax , profit.

PurplePumpkin likes this.
  3. Vyky

Vyky Maehwa EU

Look my friend! You wanted attention. You got it! Be enough now.

But I tell you something! Everytime I got enrage about the game, and go back to my previous mmo, I realize that BDO is much better in many cases than the old sh*t.

This game is very far from dying, very far from irrelevant. Yes there are boring things, and yes there are issues, but at this time it is a pretty good, growing and working game.

Now you have a choice. Take that f*ck*ng Blue pill and put your ass down, or take the Red pill and get the f*ck out of here!

Enough of Crying!!!

#63 Vyky, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    Kanimae and Hakazumi like this.
  4. Hamsta

Just this morning I looked into my macig crystal ball and it told me otherwise. Maybe because it was made in KR...... who knows.
    No srsly. If you want to read that the game is dying and everything is horrible -> read the forum
    If you want to see that it pretty much fine and alive -> actually play it

don't cry

Hakazumi likes this.
  5. Escapism

what does gambling addiction have to do with op? he clearly states he does NOT want to spend any more money on it, we also dont know if or how much he spent at all.

His decision to stop playing and not financially support kakao/pa anymore is the exact opposite of what youre trying to say.

It seems however, that you have an uncontrollable urge to defend and whiteknight everything about bdo, even things that are clearly proven trash and scam schemes. Perhaps you should see a doctor about your overly defensiveness, to make sure its not evolving into borderline or paranoia.

6. Mikroman

10-50 dollars (or euros) to get 30-50% chance to get 2nd drop in gathering? That is annoying. My "sending money instinct" blocked by the greed of the Company again. When I see Kakao destroys other life skill with this "small advantages" i lose motivation to spending money. Standard resistence vs non trusted Publisher.

This actions make this game irrelevant for me... again. (It's not "new" pet, but I realize this buff now. 30-50% drop buff for cash users or you can get gathering drop bonus in game 3-5%. :D)

7. Alexandrious

But dis hedgehog, he knows da wey.

8. Mikroman

Welcome to MLM game! Bring more players and you will get nice virtual buff in game.

It's not expensive but I don't trust in Company who change the rules in this p2w mode in any moment. "OMG They killed Kenny! You bastards!" (my gathering, my favorite nolifer skill is killed by hedgehogs). :D

9. Ladzimesh

I don't disagree with any of what you said. My entire guild quit while I stepped away for a few days and after talking to a few of them, I think I understand why now. The wait for all the fixes and better content is too long, while they focus on bringing the game garbage. It is quickly becoming my understanding that they only care about money. The game design and development are starting to prove that to me too. Yeah it seems sour, but I'm growing tired of putting my faith in them only to have the game, server issues, and content be so disappointing

Prime Vlilijorn likes this.
  10. Alexandrious

I know your tired of seeing this but.... :)

[​IMG]

Prime Vlilijorn and Ladzimesh like this.
  11. Ladzimesh

LOL! But its true and I agree with that too.

Prime Vlilijorn likes this.
  12. HyperCuck

Well you might be the only player left. So your tamer dream may come true.

13. Eltruism

a) You like the game > You play the game.
    b) You don't like the game > You don't play the game.

14. Ladzimesh

I think that is easier said than done for some people. The deeply induced gambling nature of the game and pace makes it hard for people to break away. The lack of visually stunning, cleanly designed, and well programmed MMOs, full of rich content also make it difficult. Many people just hold onto hope that things will get better. That somehow it will meet its promise of actually being better than other MMOs. Holding onto faith that there is an innate nature to the evolution of all games.

15. Tokigare

Tokigare XxSassyxX Ranger NA

Considering Devante mains a Valk afaik, you're getting your Irrelevants mixed up :) He was referring to the Tamer named Irrelevant who pushes for Tamer fixes....

16. SkullMonkey

I think Black Desert's biggest problem is lack of good content. The only good content ATM is node wars & sieges and the general combat system. Open world PvP sucks, naval everything sucks Rifts are boring and repetitive. Too much RNG in crafting with no personalization or much variation in gear setups and builds (always 1 or 2 metas and that's it.) PvE content is super zergy and monotanous and trading is just as monotanous now.

Class balancing and Server/Marketplace Stability/botting aside. They could make this game SOOOO much better if they did 6 things:

1) incentivize Open world PvP by allowing players to rob other players of trade items and increase the profitability of trading to make it high risk/high reward. Remove destroying items on death and Allow players to steal boats and wagons but also put security deterrents like locks on wagons and boats to allow opportunities for rallying friends/guildies to take back their trade items. Add a bounty hunter/reward system on players that have robbed you. allow hiring of security details for your trade routes etc and buff town guards to basically 2 shot you if you're walking around with stolen goods or are red. Rework Karma system into a crime system with evidence to incriminate bandit players and make the jail system much more interesting like say a skyrim like escape option where you have to retrieve your gear before escaping or you lose said gear.
    2) Completely rework all Naval Mechanics so that boats have real water physics and improve cannon firing/add ship collision and damage on collision. Basically completely copy ArcheAge's naval mechanics.
    3) Make good PvE dungeons with rewarding and challenging instanced content. Adding dungeons with challenging puzzle like elements and battles that you can't just zerg or brute force to complete would simply be amazing and bring back many players to the game. (again Archeage has good examples of this along with WoW and Final fantasy). Make world bosses more compelling like this as well particularly big ones like Vell and give Vell something more interesting.
    4) Add custom blacksmithing to the game where you as the player get a separate blacksmithing skill that you can level and be able to craft your own custom gear like a 2 gem slot version of Taritas armor or create your own unique set of set bonuses and as you level your blacksmithing you unlock different set bonuses or item traits you can add to armor like increased evasion or damage reduction etc. Make custom blacksmithing Less RNG. One easy way is giving higher level blacksmiths better enhancement success rates on crafted gear. Gear can be signed by the blacksmith and given a specific look (for instance maybe looking like the various crafted armor sets in the game like Trina Knight armor or Trent armors etc.
    5) Add Raid mechanics where you can have raids up to 50 people in size as well as better party looting options like having "rolls" for special item drops or assigning a loot master who can hand out drops to the party or raid etc.
    6) Add more Player emotes/Social interactions. This is such a subtle thing but emotes like dancing and other social interactions have been in MMOs since the very beginning and gives players other ways they can socialize and congregate. Gives RPers more options to interact and immerse themselves. Player marriage might also be a great thing to have so that couples or close guild members could share houses and certain resources again adding a touch of personalization and social interaction.

An additional but not necessary 7th item would be to completely rework the Voice Overs and story writing of the main questline of the game to make it more engaging and interesting. The NPCs are all robots that half the time make no sense or mindlessly repeat the same choppy/cringy dialogue phrases. If this game had the same quality voiceovers and cutscenes of SWTOR or ESO that would bring a lot of people to the game as well as bring back old players just to experience the STORY of the game. You have an amazing world with amazing combat but nothing to do with it and no compelling story or lore behind it. There's plenty of lore... but its presented in such a lack luster fashion no one cares about it at all.

#76 SkullMonkey, Jan 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    Vyky and Ladzimesh like this.
  17. Gama Kurogane

$10 says this guy got spot taken'd at elrics and decided to rage on the forums.

18. Azbaleth

All games become irrelevant at some time, BDO still has a while to go imo <3

19. Eltruism

You like it, stick with it.

You don't , move on.

Or believe in faith and suffer indefinitely.

20. tallywacker

The only thing that's irrelevant is your thinking and reasoning

If you can even call it that

You sound like some kid that likes to whine with a potato of a computer

New classes and new regions on the way, game isn't going anywhere