1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why this ranger costume isn't in game?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Greko, Jan 23, 2018.

1. Greko

So i saw this magnificent costume long ago in a BDO costume contest, it was one of the winners that they said they will bring in game, and time went by and i don't see it in game, and recently these days i contacted the creator of this beautiful work, i asked if his costume will join the game, he said that they won't make contest costumes anymore :(
    That was a sad moment, anyway i would like to ask peeps if they agree with me and would like to see it in game, help me keep this topic live so that the devs can see it. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Darkleaf84

omg i love it, its very reminiscent of Lineage 2 outfits for elves. I think that would sell well here.

Tansie and Greko like this.
  3. Greko

I think it will sell well everywhere, it's an amazing work, the best costume I have seen.

Tansie likes this.
  4. Greko

Still the question remains.

5. Kittyberry

Kittyberry Ranger 63 NA

Ohhh my boyfriend told me about that, I don't remember well how it works in Korea but I think that costume was from a contest (I think it was the winner), sooooo it will be added soon for sure, I love it as well hahahaha <3

6. Greko

The costume did win 1 year ago , i spoke to the creator , he did tell me that they won't be adding his costume , becouse there where some technological problems and the devs cant make them .But that was like a year ago. Still , if we show them that ppl would like to have one , they can maybe ''fix'' they're problem.

Tansie likes this.
  7. Flowerxl

Its simple. The design is too detailed and we have incompetent developers developing this game. How could someone incompetent design something like that? You can't. So they discontinuing it.

#6 Flowerxl, Jan 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    Brightcide and Greko like this.
  8. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

The developers already announced that they will be discontinuing making the rest of the costumes from the outfit design contest.

So ranger will not be getting that outfit.

9. Greko

Maybe they will change they're mind.

10. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

They're not going to =\ It was a final decision. They pretty much dumped the rest of them and moved on. You shouldn't get your hopes up anymore. If they picked this design back up again they'd have to do that with all the others because the community would probably be in an uproar - and that would just be too much work for them like they had admitted.

You're not the only one upset. My class had a design that was abandoned as well but I've accepted that it is done and over with.

11. Mana_Mafia

Yeah, I heard that excuse too. I'd love to hear what kind of "technical problems" they were having.

12. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

[​IMG]
    https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/421

Like I said, they're not doing them anymore. They stated it clearly here. There weren't any "technical problems," but just the pathetic excuses of the outfits "were too difficult to be formed and implemented into Black Desert Online."

Its screwed up too because most classes didn't even get a player-designed outfit, or their outfit that won the costume design contest. And for some reason they had accepted an unequal amount of outfit contest winners for each class. For example, maewha and kunoichi had only one accepted I think whereas for some reason they accepted multiple winning outfits for both tamer and ranger which is irritating.

So to be honest you should be grateful that they even did Stella for ranger, since that was a player-designed outfit whereas other classes like maewha and beserker got nothing.

Corrus, Vamathi and Tansie like this.
  13. Greko

Like i also said, it's been one year, things change, opinions change, decisions change, nothing is final, i ain't giving up till a dev from pearl abyss writes here.

14. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

I don't think you understand how Pearl Abyss are as a company. Maybe you haven't played the game for long or haven't noticed their pattern of behavior. You say "nothing is final' but they were pretty final in that statement, and that came from the developers themselves. Doesn't matter if its been a year or ten years.

You're waiting for a PA developer to reply on this very thread? You're going to be waiting for eternity, my friend. Along with waiting for an outfit that will never be created.

You are of course free to believe whatever you want and still hold onto hope but my advice is don't hold your breath.

Greko likes this.
  15. Greko

Well it's worth at least to give it a try, they did reveal the hidden stats when they stated that it's gonna be that way the stats will be hidden, but the data mine things and the fact that China said they will not play bdo with hidden stats, forced them to reveal the stats.
    Maybe a few days lack of income will make them flexible and add all those complicated outfits that where shut down.

KotoRena likes this.
  16. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

That would be spectacular if they actually did by some grace of god get their acts together and take back up the abandoned designs in the future. But for my sake so I'm not disappointed I will not bother to hope. Regardless, I admire your optimism.

Greko likes this.
  17. Greko

Thank you ! Let's give it time.

KotoRena likes this.
  18. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

Because they don't have their priorities set straight.
    I've been waiting for an outfit for so long that I'm wanting to put money down on.
    Looks manly af and fits the theme that suits berserkers as being masculine hulks of grappling death...nope...
    they come out with a sissy Knight one again that looks like something a warrior would wear.

19. Greko

Ranger ain't just a meme

20. Greko

Wahahaah they made new outfit contest ?
    I thought they can't make anymore designer costumes ??? Well pearl abyss here is a winner for ya.

21. AlnilamE

The manufacturer of the fabric had to close down because it was discovered he was making it from the wings of fairies.

Therefore it's not possible to make that costume.

unange likes this.