1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why vets are so entitled?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Zaoo, May 25, 2020.

1. Zefiros

Do as you like. For me grind is borning and bad silver. PVP is not for me too. Thats why i sold all my gear yesterday. I will buy again life acc., clothes and tools for more staff to do. Also going for log Rulpee for CP and perm. ench. points for just fun.
    I wont write about money making (cause there is a lot of people who argue with me), but anyone who qq in this forum about it well they have so called "counting problems" and they are just blind in the game cause silver lies in front of them.

2. Ben Phoenix

Do you know why I kept playing occasionally? Because I was playing with a friend and it made the game more enjoyable for me. I think I can speak for many people here when I say that BDO makes you have mixed feelings: there are things that are definitely good in this game, the problem is that the things that are bad are pretty bad.

People are angry cause they see potentials but BDO has been falling into a big, dark hole for some time now and I guess it's sad to see those potentials wasted.

People are trying to give suggestions here, to improve the game. Some people are simply toxic but many are simply fans of BDO and would like to see some improvements. That's all.

Amirite, Reyer, sajdas and 6 others like this.
  3. Ternezia

Ternezia DarkKnight 60 EU

I understand. IMO one has to observe how much the developers are willing to make changes upon player feedback. In some other mmo (won't name it, doesn't matter) it takes a lot of pushing, a lot of forum topics, a lot of disgruntled customers, to have *some* chance some things to be changed. Maybe, maybe not.

You see, once the developers have a "vision" of things and begin to implement a defined plan, it's extremely hard to change it. They believe they have their reasons, it's their game, etc. I am not even talking about wasted potentials, I am talking about "bad things being pretty bad". For some reason these things were decided and agreed upon, they're not viewed as a mistake....it's a direction of the game and will be such, unless it's something so severely game-breaking that could quickly empty the servers.

I don't know how things are in this regard in BDO, will have to see, but if there's no change and no reaction for a long time to constructive feedback, it's not worth to keep giving it. Rather move to another game.

Jinoro likes this.
  4. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

Especially those decisions that come from their ignorant and greedy bosses, who never played the game but just want more money.

woots, Ben Phoenix and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  5. Joungf

No, I have stopped playing it a long time ago. I am just observing it, testing the "features" and usability, game fun, lore development, etc.....
    Every week when I read the patch notes I just feel sad over the intention of the new "content".
    To be honest, I enjoy other mmorp game, those one that you can call mmorpg without any concern those who have the spirit of a mmorpg and the fun and adventure and immersion.

Unfortunately the main issue of BDO is in its core game mechanic. Sure, the devs can not and will not change that. But declaring BDO as mmorp game is very overexaggerated now, after adding so many non mmorpg content and slowly turning the game into a collection of simulation games.
    I started testing BDO like I started testin all those other nnorp game in open beta, just for fun and curiosity. Testing software is a hobby of mine and my proffesion. ;-)

Phoenixxx75 and Reyer like this.
  6. asdsadfas

thats a weird and convoluted way to say that u still play the game but dont enjoy it

7. Ben Phoenix

The core of the concept the devs have doesn't have to be touched, I understand that. The developers adjusted many things with time, the community was asked for feedback from the very beginning and some of that feedback was used and still is. One of the bad things that piss people off is the P2W BS that was promised to not happen, but it did actually happen. Also the loot boxes that started to invade this game like a plague.

I don't blame people who dislike what BDO has become but don't want to give up. I don't justify any single person who complains here cause some do just for the sake of it but I feel like supporting people who care and would like to see this game improved. Nothing wrong with trying.

8. Tacarmato

Tbh crowded channels are the last thing this game needs.

Also, it's a grindy game so it's normal that you can not have in one week the same gear of the people that worked hard for it for years.

Note that now it's way, way easier to get money and items from events and progress way faster than before.

It all depends on how much you want to play. If you want to do pvp only take a look at shadow arena.

TucoRamires likes this.
  9. C4rdinal

Well thats why siege has been dead for past months or even years. Same guilds , same players . Boring asf... but hey if u enjoy this kind of garbadge content , keep doing it

Phoenixxx75, Lurien and Jinoro like this.
  10. Joungf

Yap, I can not help myself. I love testing both sides of every game / software, the good and the bad side. Running around in an huge and wonderful open world that feels so empty and dead is weird. Being in cities and villages full off clones and repeating NPCs feels also weird. I can continue to list so many simple basics that are missing or have been messed up. This is just one category. There are many more categories were BDO failed or lack. But as long as the player are happy with every and each (new) content that helps them to overcome their boredom ... and fill up their silver ... and increase the player ... and generates income for PA / Kakao ....

11. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

Only just discovered that there was even such a thing as oasis gear yesterday and spent 3-4 hrs grinding with the gear on an alt for FUN, which I havent done in a long time. Even asked my guild about it and they barely know it exist let alone complain about it since the few that knew about it use them for boss alts.

It feels like the only person who is actually complaining about oasis gear is the OP of the thread themselves since no one ever brings it up aside from them and some how it has to do with vets. Who are these vets complaining exactly?How do you know they are a vet? Your wording makes it sound more like a talk show that uses 'EXPERTS' that never get referenced and just mentioned to give validity to your complaint.

TucoRamires and Lurien like this.
  12. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Main reason for what?

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  13. davidiven

OP and few others have been spitting bs for weeks, not being surprised.

TucoRamires and Mimimimi like this.
  14. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Not sure where you pull your numbers from but I pull them from in game. The population is just fine and has been growing on and off the whole time.

It's interesting that you think you have the data to make statements about behavior as if you have conclusive data to prove vet entitlement is the reason for game population numbers. The channels are adjustable also there was a point in time when all channels were marked as overrun then the next week they did an update and none were crowded. What makes a channel display crowded, overrun has always been flexible and adjustable.

As it stands getting an endgame grind spot is a pain in the ass, leveling in areas on Olivia also a pain in the ass and lots of people there.

Your anecdotal reasoning comes off as nothing more than a bi*tch fest stemming from your personal opinion.

Most Vet's aren't entitled.... quite the opposite, its most new players playing that card that they should get everything for free or easier to catch up to people that put in a lot of time and effort. The new player thinks they should be on even pvp terms with someone who has put in more time and effort into their character. You see the problem with your point of view is that the very act of what you just said is entitlement which incites a reaction from older bdo players.

The game is far more pvp accessible. Want to pvp grab a trial character.... want to enter low level nodes.... they are capped for lower gear. Throw on Oasis gear... instant softcap for 1 silver each.

This game practically gives you softcap for free in the first month or two of play. Let me guess you think new players should be able to rock full PEN easily. You know for the sake of pvp equality. This is an mmo without rated pvp gameplay, geared players will stand at the top in good old mmo fashion. It is the drive for getting more gear.

Lastly.... its not new players that keep this game going they will come and go no matter how many concessions are made for them to catch up. The people that keep this game and the population going are the very players you just bashed. The ones that play daily .... for the past 4 years. Not the new guy that gets an instant 600 gs and is bored in a month or 2 and leaves.

15. Brawlbuddie

@Lemon Crush
    Your right about your statements, Zaoo just loves to complain i don't know anyone complaining about the gear but the buffood should be removed. I mean even I a Vet Player buys it there cause why should i pay more for the food in the Auctionhouse when i can have it for 1 freaking silver^^. That's the only thing i would say should be possible taken out in time or made buyable with some restrictions like time or level.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  16. Jinoro

Jinoro Shai 61 EU

The softcap for PvP is 418gs?

17. Boink

It is accessible... you just don't like the players you were up against.

Also not every 600+ GS will duel for spot, I personally don't. If spot is taken I just jump to different server. If that server is taken I just lifeskill and play valorant.

If you played RBF you figure out how bad PvP is in this game. You see Guardians running around fully protected outranging your range class (except Archer) . Why do you want a "balance" PvP where there is none especially when the Pearls ($) involved in BDO are rerolling classes? Oh guess what happens when the new class comes up?

18. Vortexii

A few people griefing in an OWPVP game doesn't bring in the player base.

GIT Educated.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  19. Khondo

Sorry forgot to quote the original post.

The reason why PVP is not a big focus for change.

"Make game more pvp more accessible and maybe one day channel numbers would grow, instead now most not even crowded during prime time. "

20. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

The weekly patch notes are your friend, mainly because this game does such a bad job letting people know what is available by in game mechanics. Also remember to check in with your black spirit at least after every maintenance and look under all quest type tabs.

Jinoro and Crimson_Scarlet like this.