1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Ashes out grief BDO?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 2Cents, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Hr1s7i

I find it amusing that people fail to grasp what's the goal of MMO games. It's not endless grinding. But hey, whatever float peoples' boats I guess. To each their own. Agree to disagree xD

2. sparhawk29

you'll get no bots, gold spammers, etc... when the internet dies and we have no more mmorpg's... you see, no matter how good you get, there's always someone else that can come along and create something that outdoes your system. you shot your arguement when you mentioned WoW... how outdated is that childish crap?? i started it, made it to level 2 i think, uninstalled it. it's rubbish. everyone likes a different style of game, no matter what it is, so some will like WoW. i don't judge them, but it really is crap.

as for the full sandbox game, that's what it is.... a full lifeskills game with pvp elements!!!! get it??? it even states it in the information they advertise the game by!!! what they must do is remove the pvp restriction and allow us to steal trade packs, horses, etc. right now, no content is getting interesting, i'm actually rather bored.

just in case you clowns misread what was said, go back and read the game description done by the devs.... it's a lifeskills game with open world pvp elements.... they should also remove all the safe areas too.....

3. sparhawk29

actually, it may work. bdo introduced the open world sandbox from what i see, others kinda touched on it a bit. archeage did a fairly good job on the life skills but it's almost impossible to get anywhere with the lack of bagspace and the size of each job etc.

on the other coin, this one isn't as big with the life skills and is rather fancy with it's combat, especially pvp. the damage meta is so high, dp is almost a waste of time getting. it's your level that makes the biggest difference here. of course, this part's my opinion, and others have left this game as well due to p2w elements, or the open world griefing that does happen. those that usually hang around in a game that's losing players in droves, has normally spent a fortune in the cash shop and want to make the most out of their money.

AoE won't cater for all players. but that does not mean it'll die simply because you or your friend doesn't like it. right now, we trade for personal gain. i don't know any other game that actually has any life skills or other forms of interaction with the environment that also develops said environment depending on the amount done. having a little camp, grow into a town, into a city etc... that appeals to me. that gives me incentive to do stuff, and would also give me incentive to "git gud" with pvp to protect the area that is developing with my activities. it gives a meaning for what everyone's bitching about in this game as it is.

again, this is my opinion, and i do invite discussions, but let's try to keep insults down. we should all be able to add our points of view, without arguments flying about. there's enough in game when ya get pk'ed. lol

Wyvinters likes this.
  4. Monarck

because every game raises 20 million in kick starter funds? they can at this point say **** it and release a stupid hardcore game with no casual gamer in mind and still have had a massive success as a company. throw in some cosmetic micro transaction month by month and boom, Money for years to come to work on the next project.

5. PaleSoul

I find this amusing. It would be boring it you could always move everything stopping freely without chances of getting rekt. Easy way to about this is make an alt and don't pass lvl 49. I really don't understand why stuff like this becomes an issues when it's how the game was intended. Play ever online, player driven same box as well. Spend tears playing and lose everything when someone blows you up and you don't get anything back. You lose all your hard work. Poof gone! Again as game is intended.

PS. Blowing people up and making them lose everything is the most fun. Just saying.

6. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

Lmfao.
    That's pretty much it. It's a lifeskill game with pvp elements. Tons of people don't realize this. They're trying to whine to the developers to make this game suitable for their "fun". We get the hardcore pvpers who want no boundaries. The typical hotshit wannabe pvpers who want something as pointless as karma gone (Now they whined so hard they got a pvp server, something that SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE GAME ORIGINALLY) and the carebears of the PvE gameplay that statistically outnumber the PvPers by a decent margin but are forced to pvp aaaand the lifeskillers...*cough* yeah.
    The last 2 things I mentioned that had those gamers shouldn't be in here and we shouldn't be monotonously grinding PvE to do any bit of PvP at all. At least not to this degree of boredom. The most effective way from the start to grind silver is just to grind mobs. Lifeskilling falls behind even if done actively but it does give you passive income. If this game revolves around PvP like the Devs and Publishers said, why do we need to PvE to PvP? Getting the gear could easily be done by just throwing us into a battlefield, made appropriately to be rewarded "Marks" that can have us purchase gear that way. Nope. They wanted to cater to the carebears of PvE because that's the wider market. So that pretty much contradicts their own statements of this game being PvP based.

Only PvP is siege wars, open world flagging.
    Arenas are useless to all hell because it's just open world flagging. No CTF, no King of the Hill, no PvP battle modes, no incentive, no rewards, no difficulty apart from player skill and gear, nothing. And what the flying F**K is that new game mode that does tower defence with a *uckin' rifle? That, from what I can blatantly see has NOTHING to do with PvP.

TL;DR
    If I can play a "PvP" Game with the goal of getting geared to beat the **** out of others, by Lifeskilling. It ISN'T a PvP game. It's a PvE game with a lousy open world pvp flag system. Just like playing on a WoW PvP server except in BDO, you're even then restricted to kill someone unless you "Flag" on them. Proper PvP would be no flagging whatsoever, everyone is subject to death.

#126 Wyvinters, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  7. LogicaI

Why are you allowed to stay on the forum Brad? All of your posts are propaganda kakao hate,attempts to get people to leave bdo. How is this helpful?

8. Reywhisper

Concept of Ashes looks promising. Question is what they deliver. The OP automatically assumes they deliver product they are saying they will. I highly doubt that. Too many ambicious games like this one simply ended in alpha stage or went early acces and went dead anyway.

I was hyped about ashes. But the longer they are developing this, the more sceptical I am.