1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will new "offensive" words get us banned and when?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Evensin, Aug 31, 2017.

1. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Nobody is phooled by your "Huehuehue, if I spelled faggot with ph it's a whole new word and definitely doesn't mean I'm denigrating the gays because a faggot is also a bundle of stucks or a boiled dumpling" line.

Only kids think things are black and white.

Grow up and start taking responsibility for your behaviour/actions. Be a disgusting homophobe if you want but don't ****ing whine about it when you get pulled up on it.

2. Evensin

Who is the real child when someone is so offended by the word "*****" when any grown person could maturely use it to mean female dog. Plenty of dog breeders speak frankly and only a fool would imagine it only to mean something besides a female dog.

How does it feel to be so weak that words hurt you?

Besides the point. The entirety of all this demonstrates there are many sides to this entire perspective. Where is the definitive lines for language in this game? Is it completely subjective?

3. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Do you play BDO vs many female canines then?

4. Evensin

Perhaps they identify as such. I don't judge. Regardless words are just words, how are players being held accountable for language when there are already filters that you'd have to disable just to see their profanity to begin with and find offensive.

5. CutiePieOchida

Well I'm not sure about everyone but I think people should get banned for improper language. Did you know tons of people die because of such language? The game can be competitive but it is still a game. No need to tell someone the bad names about a race or tell them to eat a whatever. Also shouldn't be using such words when anyone could be playing. I have a brother that plays this game and a player just put in what he wanted to say with periods in between. So your saying my kid brother should be verbally abused by the player and not have anything happen to the other?

P.S. Don't tell me that he could just block that player cause, he had other players whisper him repeatedly. So even if you block a words you still know what it is and someone might just bother you with other accounts. People can be determined to hurt others.

6. Silsti

7. GingerBreadTiger

I think he/she pronounces should warrant a perma ban.

8. N0tl0c

All I know is that this game caters to cucks now and will probably for the rest of its days do so. RIP.

9. Nyhver

That's why I like the approach of hands off free speech, it's simple and not prone to slippery slope- don't say slippery slope fallacy you muppets

not that there isn't tradeoffs, but anyone who sacrifices liberty for security is someone who never learned from great minds

or evil

Silsti likes this.
  10. CutiePieOchida

SO hearing some response people are ok with getting cussed out? Well hear are some examples of what I have seen.

1. Hey ******, ress up so I can **** you like I did your mother and father.
    2. I feel sorry for your ******* parents as they need to ******* hang themselves and get it ****** over with.
    3. You mother ****** piece of ****, you **** ******* *******, ******* kys and irl too.

This is the nice stuff. So people who say there should be no punishment for this also know this is how people really do get hurt. You may think you can say what ever you want but there is a limit.

11. Columba

Indeed. The words, "Learn to Share," can get you banned.,

12. Silsti

Those are pretty hurtful ok, if you're 12. Any adult has had their fair share of shittalk come and go, all that is just puffs of hot digital air. If a stranger walked up to you and started spouting that stuff you'd probably laugh it off and keep going your way.

13. Columba

Be polite.

14. Silsti

Sure that's easy but what is up with the wave of political correctness that has washed over the planet lately? Do tell you seem to be knowleadgeable on the matter. Censorship is starting to destroy things. Check out hyper universe online's recent flop. What happened to people that made them so puritanic and intolerable? Actually any of you guys in the huggy-huggy clique provide some sort of actual answer to this. It's ok to be so disgustingly milquetoast but what is the reasoning behind enforcing this on others?

Bubblepuff likes this.
  15. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

I am for not banning anyone for words unless that player goes way too far to make sure their message is received (such as making alts or alt accounts to write offensive stuff to someone).

In response to an above 3-line example with a bunch of asterisked words, I would have to say, I've gotten words like that written to me numerous times across multiple MMORPGs by immature/rude players. I've laughed it off every single time. If ever I those words can actually upset me, then something much deeper would have to be wrong with me - something that has nothing to do with the speakers of those words or the game and banning a few people would not really do anything whatsoever for me.

16. SpeedMetal

SpeedMetal HaiIOdin Warrior EU

You might be the first then.

17. CutiePieOchida

Do you know about Cyber Bulling? I mean really know about it? How many people hurt themselves cause of it. Even made it a game where people would hurt themselves more and more because of it. So no, it's not a 12 year old thing and to think of it that way is pretty messed up. Also I highly doubt that if a person came up to you and bad mouthed your parents, siblings, spouse, etc. You will laugh it off and walk away. Also I feel sorry for anyone who will let their spouse let anyone bad mouth them and then just laugh and walk away without defend either him/ her.

18. Columba

you missed the quotes

19. Columba

How is being polite politically correct? Lol.

20. Silsti

Cyber bullying is parental failure. Anyone mature enough to actually be unsupervised on the internet should be, unless they have some psychological issues to resolve, unaffected by it and should they have issues it's not the internet's job to restrict itself solely because of such a possibility. As for blue whale one could go as far as calling it a culling of the weak, the people affected by it would be either way abused in a much harsher way than merely psychological if their weakness was unearthed by a manipulator irl. As for the random person that walks up to you and starts cussing with no context, yes of course you ignore them, there's nothing to defend anyone from. Only fools would allow themselves to be taunted by such a feeble attempt.

SpeedMetal likes this.