1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will tamer ever be playable again?

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by irrelevant, Jun 24, 2018.

1. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

I'm posting in general discussion cause no one reads tamer section cause the class is dead and there's less than 3 tamers with 260+ ap (or rather above-soft-cap people) in eu server that aren't alts and still play the game and do pvp

In the entire europe i don't think you can even find 3 people that play this class and find any success with it any more. I don't care about bunch of casuals with 200 ap cause you don't play the real game, in time when you reach end game classes will have different strength and potential cause of a thing called scaling and if an ability does low damage at 200 ap it might be godlike at 260 ap cause of its hitbox or cooldown or range and so on and that's why your pleb pvps are irrelevant and the only thing that matters is the end game and the curve at which end game players are

in the current meta that would be 260+ ap cause of how ludicrously overpowered ap scaling is and overall experienced people and if you look at those there isn't a single tamer left playing the game any more in the entire continent of europe which is pathetic no matter how you look at it.

even i've given up mostly, im making this thread cus i have nothing to lose by making it and cus id probably like to be able to play the game again but currently the class is so garbage that being beaten in real life is probably more enjoyable than playing tamer. In the past it was the worst class (and that's mostly due to its concept which is why this has hardly ever changed
    > a slow squishy melee bruiser without range or stealth or tankiness or anything that makes it stand out and a very badly coded pet which constantly fails to hit its target or is permanently CCed in group fights or just lags out and on top of that the unfortunate and unlucky part where tamer was riddled with bugs (still has some of them but on the font of everything else happening they are taking a backseat for the moment).

I've been bidding for alt class weapons for a few months now while playing other games and there was prolly 3x more tamer items listed than other class items listed, 3 tamers threw their gear on the market within the last 3 days alone whoever those people were

The class is garbage for everything and at best it can do "okay" in 1v1 and that's simply cause it has grab and no other redeeming qualities, AT ALL, then again theres 10 other classes with better grab and range so that's hardly unique at this point. Whether a tamer dashes at you and grabs + kills you or another class does that it doesn't mean that tamer is good, just that grab is op ( and has always been ). In terms of speed the class is slow, it has trash mobility and no iframes left besides two sidestep on staff which are way too fast to actually iframe anything with and are mostly just mobility skills. It has no CC left on staff besides 2 fully melee range unprotected skills that are slow to cast while other classes have protected CC's still. The pet is as garbage as ever and the recent buffs did absolutely nothing for it, there's simply nothing you can fall onto. Right now arguably maehwa and tamer got it the worst due to all the recent patches but maehwa has been the most op class for farming plebs for more than a year and they're also getting massive buffs soon so i don't really care about that. Not to mention the removal of iframe on pole jump doesn't only make tamer a class w/o iframe but it also means you cant disengage cus you constantly get grabbed or desynced and stuck and bugged in the air cus the skill is much slower and worse than stuff like rocket jump or striker jump which probably still have iframe while fully in the air

brolsy, Atron, Assilma and 11 others like this.
  2. Askore

Askore Sorceress EU

3. Entharias

Entharias Dreadhood EU

Get ready for the mandatory ''rbf score? not lv 62? not softcapped?'' then your opinion doesn't matter reply.

On a serious note, you seem to complain about Tamer, like, everytime you post, so how about you reroll? Or finally quit.

Mana_Mafia, Miley, Kokki and 9 others like this.
  4. mickey3333

Gid Gut Lemon! You are always salty and tryhard already, stop QQ about your incompetence.

Miley, Rasta667, Angarato and 3 others like this.
  5. irrelevant

alt chars that i played for less time than you spent posting on the forum are higher level than your main

no shame much ?

also i dont see how asking people for their credibility is a bad thing, maybe for you it is cus you don't have any. but then again, i don't need to ask eu people for credibility cus i know who's credible in eu and whos not

too bad our gm's dont seem to care but at least the game lost 50% of its population cus of PA's horrible decisions so even maybe they'll realize something here is wrong

Mesuka and Reuter like this.
  6. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

Would you also enjoy again your class you used to love playing with, get messed up and destroyed in a matter of month? The character you thrown minimum 100 euro of character-only items. He's a bit over exaggerating but dude with the last changes they completely ****ing destroyed some classes only to slight touch another. There will never be balance if you don't think thoroughly and test your changes.

And why would I "reroll" when it's completely stupid to do so in this game? Starting from: unavailable 100 euro purchases and 5+ billion worth weapons - and "I love the theme of my class"

Eri 4 and Von_Blaumark like this.
  7. Entharias

Entharias Dreadhood EU

For what i know, he's complaining about Tamer since far before the balance changes.

Miley, DocPepper, Melssecret and 6 others like this.
  8. Entharias

Entharias Dreadhood EU

''not lv 62?''

Point proven.

Rasta667 and Meldaza like this.
  9. Celensra

I have to imagine most people feel as though their classes were destroyed to some degree. I'm a Valkyrie and I just can't stand being one but I don't really enjoy any other class either...so I'm just hoping things change for the better. I imagine that's why you stay a Tamer as well. I'm sorry to hear the buffs didn't help much.

lanzend and Rizzly like this.
  10. Catastigma

i have alot of tamer friend and thier never complaint. and thier are still super strong during node war.

Man. Adapt to the change. tamer is not on a bad spot. you do the same **** that bad Berzerker when actualy thier are near the god tier. cause thier cannot adapt that thier cannot no-brain grap like before.

11. RealXared

RealXared Witch 61 EU

yeh, maybe he is complaining but....
    but it's worth noticing that Lemon's pvp experience is 3 times more than 2/3 of the EU playerbase combined.
    Maybe his attitude is not the mildest, but at least you can be sure that he actually understands what he is talking about. So he migth QQ a lot, but at least u know that what he says is coming from someone, who's spent a lot of time doing pvp in bdo, so you should actually give a little credit to it.

This whole balancing bs screwed 90% of the playerbase. and that's a fact. Maehwa is also pretty much unplayable (in pvp).

#11 RealXared, Jun 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    DocPepper, loipp, JM and 5 others like this.
  12. irrelevant

prove it

cus i can easily prove that tamer is dead, just go to rbf and good luck finding a geared tamer that's an active player that gets decent amount of kills without external factors such as zerging or farming lowbies

Assilma, Mesuka and Reuter like this.
  13. Catastigma

the burden of proof is yours. you are the first to affirmate that Tamer is ****. when my tamer friend dont complaint.They are not OP. but he can do something. It's not the level of Ninja Striker and Zerk. but his remains balance.

must stop wanting to be OP.

The only class that deserves a nerf is Ninja, Striker, Zerk,

Tamer is totaly fine during node wars. stop thinking about 1v1. change your playstyle.

14. Jensen

ayy lmao, imaginary friends dont count, tamers are so rare i forgot the classes existed

i went and watched the 2v2 cancerfest, and as i expected, sorcs eveywhere, best pve class and second only to ninja/kuno in pvp

nice fecking game dude

DocPepper, Assilma, SuzyIdle and 3 others like this.
  15. Catastigma

in NA is not like this. not my fault that EU player are Brain dead player that can only play OP classe.

Why play Tamer who is balance, when you can switch to Ninja cheaply.

It's just a proof that the playerbase are bad. just a big punch of credit card naab

If you remove the ninja,zerk,striker of the equation. you will see that Tamer is totaly fine actualy.

#15 Catastigma, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    Meldaza likes this.
  16. Yazuko

Please not another thread.... HALP

Meldaza likes this.
  17. Dexo 2

Not only that but i actually almost never see any tamers in eu grinding at gahaz/bandits, dunno about rbf but on velia4 i sometimes stumble uppon a one or 2 tamers that are below softcap and as u said 200-220 ap. Its very rare to see one

18. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

Zerk needs a nerf WHAAAAT TGE **** LMAO DID I HEAR btw that's offtopic so shut your mouth catastigma... Or rather use it to practice English.

DocPepper, JM and Sibyyl like this.
  19. AngelloAtheross

I guess coz pvp is dead in bdo, not tamer :))

20. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

Why gahaz bandits? Tamer pve was never bad, just mobility is questionable.