1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will tamer ever be playable again?

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by irrelevant, Jun 24, 2018.

1. 920

920 Ninetwenty Tamer 62 EU

worst part is that they then come and comment and say **** like "90% of the players are happy with these changes you are just crying because you are a tamer" in a thread that had no relation whatsoever with tamer. It was just a thread where i complain about the amount of RNG in the game.

Speaking of RNG , tamer is indeed one of the most imbalanced classes at this point because if people resist ANY part of my stuff im just dead there on the spot because LUL.

And that part is 1000000% worse than any imbalance created by skills at this point. I could try and play tamer in this state and still tryhard and do my best but whenever i do that and people just resist for no reason because they're % stacking animals i feel like im dieing inside again and contemplating why im still playing this ****

2. Ronove

The most geared tamer on EU did ok in a 1v1 (against musa btw), since he did ok even though he had to V against someone probably 15 renown lower and with less ap / dr boosts, the class seems mechanically fine, nvm all the things on this thread/forum... :O

Von_Blaumark likes this.
  3. The amount of circle jerking in this thread is unreal.

First you all say someone is not geared enough for input.

Then you say someone is too geared and not representative of the class.

Then you shift the argument to “what about nodewars,” when tamer has always been a subpar nodewar class and the complaints for tamer in nw setting predate the new forum.

When the tamer community gets out of this strange hive mind that just wants to dunk on everything and everyone maybe we can start to see improvement.

If you pay attention to other forums and how their main contributors post, (check Waco in Zerk forums and bugs for a good example), you will see why those class forums actually get feedback from the publisher end.

As much as we like to moan about how no one listens to us, this forum is just an echo chamber of nothing the publishers would even feign to touch.

They do gather feedback. They do respond to the players. But they don’t acknowledge non constructive feedback. If they have to sift through pages on pages of tears and rants to get to the important problems, or threads devolve into such, they don’t even bother.

Angarato, Foxens, TheYoda and 4 others like this.
  4. Ronove

If someone has 19 ap more than softcap and need 1-2 less skills to kill someone than average softcap (which is already above average) then they kinda don't represent the class.

What answer did that got? Tbh I'd be fine with tamer just being strong 1v1, but with kuno/ninja OP as hell now, there is not even point to play tamer for that aspect.

irrelevant likes this.
  5. Von_Blaumark

First off, I hate it when other people hold up one of the superskilled top players to justify that the whole class of tamer is good and doesn't need changing. There is simply no logic in that.
    Or following that kind of logic then Lemon was right all along in that all other classes are super OP because there are some good players playing them.
    Second, of course it's also about nodewars. Balancing as I understand it means that all classes are able to participate in all the facets the game has to offer. There will be slight differences in capability yes but slight ones. And since you acknowledge that tamers have always been subpar in nodewars isn't it high time to change it? The recent pvp balancing thing made things worse, so it's a wrong turn.

Alright, as I've recently finally made direct contact with someone from staff about class balance (which took me more than two weeks and a picture of my tamer crying to even get a peep of a response) do you and the others want to help me create a constructive, precise thread of what's wrong with the class and how to adress the issues?

6. SuzyIdle

no ,the amount of white knighting in this thread is unreal, you still salty people laughed at the one you deleted

Syun, irrelevant and Reuter like this.
  7. Fateneko

I'm not trying to go against you or anything, but what did they say and how do you think you caught their attention? I'm pretty curious since someone mentioned lack of responses for tamer issues.

8. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

After caving in and playing Witch again I have yet to see a Tamer doing consistently good in RBF.

What I've seen plenty of: Low grey points, single digit points, grab engages (then get CCd and killed by others), Tamers dying midflight in polejump (lol), WW spam (cause relying on luck without achieving anything is fun), Tamers getting chased with no hope of ever escaping, helping some teammates by deploying pet Q (they die most of the time before they can capitalize on that) and of course Absorb Ultimates to get some consolation points - cause that's what Tamer mass PvP gameplay essentially boils down to.

Let's white knight this a little shall we.

Mesuka likes this.
  9. nyuuki

The responses from the tamer community in this thread didn’t just come out of nowhere. None of this happens in a vacuum and is the result of 2 years of being ignored. To say that the community doesn’t make constructive feedback is disingenuous. Tons of players such as romanx, wastedjoker, irrelevant etc, have either made concise feedback or gave detailed bug reports that fell on deaf ears. Unfortunately lots of players have either giving up or become jaded but who can blame them?

Edit: I wish Von_Blaumark luck and hopefully you can actually get something positive going. Dream scenario would be to actually get input from top NA/EU tamers for your report.

#309 nyuuki, Jul 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    DocPepper, Lurr, JM and 3 others like this.
  10. Meldaza

bruh, i can literally do much better in witch with only 1500 sp rather than my 1800 sp tamer which is not even near enough, people said witchards are bad in 1v1 but they are dumb witch/wiz that only play 4 awa skills + heal and tp.

i hate it sometimes how tamer is so powerless against other classes, ok the damage is good, but if you want high burst, go play wiz/witch, if you want assassin style, go play kuno/ninja. Tamer is just out of place in any aspect of the game, heck the holy-trinity concept is not exist in this game. that's why i hate other classes sometimes, but then again, thats because i played a **** class.

take archeage for example, you can hate it whatever you want but the combat is definetely there. You want tank? here's a lot of cc but you got no damage, you want Damage? you're squishy, you want to be support? you can't do damage at all. there's a simple balance right there. BDO balancing is just pure ****.

11. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

It's been so long now... I really wish something would change... It's so tiresome by now

DocPepper likes this.
  12. Syun

Syun Seeon Tamer 61 NA

I hope we are not here to compare gold to ****(witch vs tamer) because that's redundant. I don't understand how people can pvp as tamer and take it seriously specially after all the skill stripping.

1v1 wise this class has a grab but this is not the whole picture. NW wise she brings nothing to the table and is an unhealthy combatant. PvE wise I can cloud ride onto a sea monster corpse I wasnt able to loot bcause it was far from my boat and that's ok_hands.

13. ghoulz666

That's what happens when you play as a child. The adult classes are better, stronger, faster. A shame your beast does jack all to enhance you.

14. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Yes, let me know how and i'm down.

15. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

Lets talk about how Heilang gets CC'ed too.
    LMAO

Mesuka likes this.
  16. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Mystic 61 EU

Ahh the "legendary beast" Being brought down by a random cc. Such fun .-.

17. Von_Blaumark

or water.
    or two shots from a flametower.
    or striker echoes.

JM, Mesuka and Assilma like this.
  18. Von_Blaumark

not to mention the time i caught my Heilang trying to eat a Sorc's black hole :O

19. Lenerlink

The thing about the cc is helaing can be brought down by pve cc stated that the first week in bugs but no fix yet for it

20. Meldaza

delighted blast from kuno knocks heilang too sadly :( so i take it every summon cc counts