1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will you be making a new Ship Carrack

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Amieelee, Oct 19, 2019.

1. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

There has been quite a few threads about it. The picture I posted is from one of those threads.

MMoNoob likes this.
  2. Kittyberry

Kittyberry Ranger 63 NA

it's more visible when you hide your mast.

3. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I
    not only have it around the boat it also is around my horse and every npc that has a quest for me. I wish I could turn it off but not sure if there is a way.

#23 MoonDance17, Oct 20, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    GnatGoSplat likes this.
  4. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Sea content is trash rn. SMH is dead and with the new sailing mechanics being introduced, this doesn't bring anything worth the while. A huge money sink for returns not worth the time. Who knows, maybe I'll try it when PA changes content director who actually listens to the community.

If you check this Andaro guy's posts, you will see that he loves to exaggerate a lot. The whole community is experiencing horrible fps drops but he isn't. Everyone has these horrible boat markings but he doesn't. He is running the perfect experience but everyone else is having issues and discontentment. Im willing to sell my 3k rig and my 1 gig internet to have everything he has and not experience any issues.

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

> states that Andaro exaggerate a lot.
    > states that the whole community is experiencing issues.

Self-awareness ftw.

Corsix, Fateneko and LinaCrysta like this.
  6. Andaro

Ambassador

I have noticed this around my horse, and when talking to NPCs, and I do know many find it annoying.
    I will inquire about this.

7. Purr

i have it on my boat and i LOVE it
    after u get used to it if u sea monster hunt its extremly helpful as seen in the picture i added the white outline highlights sea monsters from pretty far away making them very easy to see. plus theres been posts about how to get rid of the white outlines too

Attached Files:

8. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

The way in the posts never worked for me but that may be because I use a controller to play this game. I have tried to enable mouse to move but it does not make any difference.

9. MindaugasR

What mats need for this new ship ?

10. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

11. warriors

12. LucidKill

Eventually, I might make a Destoyer, but I am going for the Trader first. Unless something is done that drastically boosts a sea monster hunter's income per kill or drastically reduces the time it takes to kill a sea monster, I don't see a real point to the Carrack. Plus with all the bugs including disappearing boats and party members from desync and the ugly white outlines shown earlier in this thread, the great ocean isn't very "great."

#32 LucidKill, Oct 20, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    VasilisD, MMoNoob and MoonDance17 like this.
  13. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 62 NA

Yep nice sails here cant see anything with it like this and lots of bug reports about it. 2019-10-20_7730436.JPG

Not to include currents they are adding. I might try to make the new ships but if the currents are too bad I will probably just not sail until they fix that.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  14. Lethality

Yep I'll me making one for sure.

Pro tip for most of you - it only has to be fun to be "worth it" and the content is not dead. Some of us just play the game for fun and immersion.

Fateneko, Ohaha and Smileybones like this.
  15. Aikatears

Aikatears Tearslight Ranger 49 NA

16. Dulces

Use an Atanis Firefly to light up the darkness. :D

17. Hemuk

I'm not gonna bother with the Carrack because of the simple fact that it's pointless, the only reason you'll want to barter in the first place is to get IT, after you get it; bartering loses half of its appeal, and even if the 15k weight limit makes a huge difference, that only means that the time you used to spend bartering will be cut by 2/3rds; but you're still limited by the max number of barters and the 4 hour cooldown and it also means you'll draw the attention of naval guilds with that huge ass ship, you'll be a perma target; and if you get sunk once you lose all cargo for that 4 hours.

Also Carracks have way too similar stats to Destroyers and the fact that they have the same HP just means you'll always lose to 2 destroyers. . . and something that takes THAT much effort to make; shouldnt be losing to 2 of its inferior counterparts. YIKES

Basically "Trade" Carrack's the perfect ship to barter with. . . when you're sick and tired of bartering to get it in the first place, and the only use I can find for "Destroyer" Carrack - Emergency (and only emergency) is to grief players with superior stats no one can run away from. . . hey maybe everyone should get that one and 1k+ Sailing mastery to be ungriefable lol

18. AlnilamE

All I want to start off is the Cog. Everything else I will get in due time.

But fast sailing + harpooning = WIN

Aiwen, MMoNoob and Pavo like this.
  19. Pavo

Yes, my understanding is if you want to harpoon you are stuck making a carrack now.

I just don't understand why the devs refuse to add the ability to harpoon off of the big ships. So tedious to have fishing boats spread around just so I can harpoon semi efficiently lol

I have a fully upgraded fishing boat in Port Ratt, Lema Island, Port Epheria, Velia, and Illya island just so I don't have to sail for 30 min to an hour just to swap out my sailboat for a fishing boat..... sigh.....

Factorial likes this.
  20. Purr

theres a new fishing boat called the cog it has nothing to do with the epheria boats and their upgrades to the carracks[​IMG]

u legit build it just like a fishing boat and go ham and this one has the breezy sail as a base ability