1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Willing to buy the ability to swap crystals.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PeaceInChaos, Jan 12, 2021.

1. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

BDO is great in it's customization aspects. BDO players are met with great room for build diversity. Lots of different off-hand weapons for specialized builds with accessories to complement them. Succession or Awakening, take your pick, and freely change to either with an Old Moon Book (Pearl Shop item). What the game is missing is a way to efficiently swap between Magic Crystals.

Magic crystals can only be swapped out by either A) Spending $2 USD each crystal to remove it. B) Destroy the crystal, potentially losing out on 100 million, or even upwards of 300 million, depending on the crystal. When it comes to the application of build diversity and the ability to freely swap between builds, spending $2 every time you want to remove a crystal is absolutely insane.

Pearl Abyss - I am willing to spend IRL money for a way to freely swap between Magic Crystal builds.

1,700 Pearls sounds reasonable. Hell. 2,900 Pearls even. This would be the convenience item of the year.

2. Vortexii

So you don't want to earn your way through the "competitive game" you just want to pay your way through it?

You are literally asking to cheapen the price so you can have paid advantages over others. I thought you where a PVPer? Are you not skilled enough?

MoonDance17 likes this.
  3. PeaceInChaos

Can you read? Read my OP then read your comment again.

Laymen terms for you: Build diversity exists. Do the math.

Also, IDK am I not skilled in PvP enough? Why don't you meet me in-game and find out for yourself?

4. Vortexii

I heard you loud and clear you are to cheap to pay the current costs and want a paid advantage over others. Seems pretty clear. Hence, the question about why if you are so skilled you would need a paid option to change your build while others would not have access to it.

There was no signs of equality or competition. It was an ability granted to paying customers only which doesn't really make sense in a "competitive PVP MMO".

5. PeaceInChaos

Very obviously, you didn't. Go bomb my other post in General Gameplay which explains my position more clearly. Magic crystals are available to everyone - some way to swap between crystals would be available to everyone too. Paid way was a position of compromise with Kakao - Free in-game is BiS. No need to go off on a tangent again, but it's you, so I can't expect much.

Also, another dodge. You keep dodging meeting me in game. Why? We don't even have to fight. Just meet me in game.

6. Vortexii

Facts don't care about your feelings:
    "What the game is missing is a way to efficiently swap between Magic Crystals."
    "Pearl Abyss - I am willing to spend IRL money for a way to freely swap between Magic Crystal builds."
    "1,700 Pearls sounds reasonable. Hell. 2,900 Pearls even. This would be the convenience item of the year."

The words you wrote clearly state a suggestion to pay for such service. In addition you even provide a price point for this service. I know you want to PVP me brah because you can't defend your own statements, but as other observers will note: You made those statements and PVP has nothing to do with this. It's literally an examination of your exact words.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  7. MADE

There is already a way, it's called crystal extraction tool.

The price tag what you say isn't reasonable (for PA). Maybe 1k pearl/crystal slot. They are extremely greedy don't forget...

8. PeaceInChaos

I don't think there's a way to obtain those other than login rewards. If these were purchasable in-game with silver, that'd be cool too. Some viable way...I feel build diversity is an important factor in formulating strategies in group pvp and the current offerings prohibit this.

9. PeaceInChaos

True, problem is, what you're saying aren't facts so who knows what you're on.

Pearl Shop purchase, silver, other in game means, whatever. Current offerings to swap crystals are more a hinderance than anything. Money grab, sure. I can defend my statements fine : ) you can't defend that you actually play the game, so a run of the mill forum troll you will remain.

In case you are not educated on what a online troll is, here's Wikipedia's definition:
    "In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts flame wars or intentionally upsets people on the Internet. Typically they do this by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog), with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion.[3] This is typically for the troll's amusement, or to achieve a specific result such as disrupting a rival's online activities or manipulating a political process."

Fits you to the T. If anyone doesn't believe me, check out this troll's comment history. Oh wait, he set it to Private....I wonder why (not).

Frozenfist likes this.
  10. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

https://bdocodex.com/us/quest/2057/1/
    Once you got the knowledge for completing the quest you can use the same items with the same quantity to craft it via Simple Alchemy.

PeaceInChaos and Frozenfist like this.
  11. Frozenfist

Frozenfist Mystic 62 NA

Alterist beat me to it, you can make them fairly cheaply with some iron crystals and magical shards. All told, it'll probably cost you about 55m I think?

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  12. Vortexii

Troll might fit the definition of what you are doing. You are certainly not even trying to have any type of discussion or even accept the most basic statements. It appears you are to personally involved and hurt despite your claims that isn't the case.

You literally can't take basic criticism on exactly what you stated. If that's the case you shouldn't bother responding at all or post on the forums for that matter.

13. PeaceInChaos

Oh wow, thank you both. This is what I was looking for. A bit pricey at ~55m a pop...but hey, this is an in-game means to swap between Magic Crystals. Will definitely check this out, maybe stock up on a bunch and use as needed.

Thank you so very much!! :)

14. PeaceInChaos

Lol. Ok dude. Have fun. I'll do the same here on the forum, AND in-game. Too bad you can't say the same yourself : )

15. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I have no problem with build diversity I do however have a problem with you practically begging them to add even more pay to win to the game. A firm no from me.

16. PeaceInChaos

It's not P2W, though, this is purely pay for convenience and QoL. Maybe if you can explain how it is P2W, we can discuss. Frozenfist and Alterist gave solid advice, while you and Tro --- cough --- Vortex assumed a lot from it >:-(

Only reason I mentioned paying for it is because I know how this company is -- so it's a reasonable request knowing they can be extremely money-grabby. No need to be so quick to jump the gun on assumptions, if you actually read my OP, you'd see this was not "begging" lul more like a statement that - "Hey, I am WTB this for this and that reason, this price seems reasonable" and pretty much ended it there.

-___-'

17. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Yes you mentioned it because you know pearl abyss are greedy but your willingness to part with your money only fuels that greed.

18. Frozenfist

Frozenfist Mystic 62 NA

yeah it is a tad expensive, but it's a lot better than paying a couple hundred mil or waiting for a preorder on bmc precisions.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  19. PeaceInChaos

Thanks. We live in a consumer-istic society. And assuming the role of consumer here, all my purchase decisions here are always deeply considered while keeping in mind my own well-being, and the company's well being at the same time.

I care about my experience here. A simple QoL will improve it, bearing in mind my role as consumer and my responsibility as a contributing member of society, while holding this company's feet to the fire to produce quality content : )

20. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Your purchase decisions may be deeply considered by you but your encouragement of adding more and more cash grabs into video games is not considering the impact it will make on other players.