1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win = Lose?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by 2Cents, Jul 29, 2019.

1. 2Cents

The PVP in BDO is so horrendous I can't stand it even when I win fights. Many have pointed out all the ridiculous poorly constructed mechanics such as grabs, constant cc, and invisibility.

It's a bore fest of single player action. You either 1 combo kill or you may as well just AFK since your cc is coming. Resists are terrible and it's pretty much just a garbage fest all around.

Maybe it's time for Kakao to just admit this is a failure and implement some PVE servers. This sht ain't gettin any better.

2. Auxey

Your whining threads become more and more ****. Get a hobby.

3. Tiamatis

Tiamatis Musa 62 EU

Its a open world pvp game we dont need pve servers my opinion all servers are pve because the **** karma system only arsha is a pvp server

4. Myntiix

Its his job. What do you expect.

5. Foo

Foo

pve servers just mean I can grief with 0 recourse for people with worse gear than me

Columba likes this.
  6. 2Cents

It depends on the definition. Since you don't "own any area" you technically couldn't be griefed by anyone hunting in your the area, since you don't own it.
    • You could never really grief someone by pushing them out of the area by force
    • You could never use P2W or Exploit advantages to control areas
    In fact you might have to learn to be more respectful since you can't grief your way out a situation.

The real underlying point though is Pearl Abyss has to much to do and is not capable of making any realistic fair or even fun PVP system. As I said, it's so bad I feel like I'm losing even when I win.

Factorial likes this.
  7. Nyhver

you should try not being a sitting duck and learning pvp sometime

Xenon likes this.
  8. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

2Cents just wants a griefers paradise.

Xenon likes this.
  9. sthammack57

sthammack57 LedHammack Lahn 62 NA

Would love it if cc resist were as reliable as enhancement system

Foo likes this.
  10. Foo

Foo

LOL

11. 2Cents

I see you are really following along when the point is winning the fight is a bore fest because it's essentially one player performing a combo on a training dummy with their keyboard deactivated.

I'm sure you also took care to consider the mobility of each class before making such a poor comment. As already proven in the tournaments even the best players faced chain grapples by zerkers and the tournaments where so boring that every comment was /yawn fest

12. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

Well, if the forums are any indication, most players you run into might as well as be training dummies.

Nyhver likes this.
  13. Claydough

Im all for a pve servers, as long as they have the 50% loot buff

**** would be funny to see everyone greifing each other, sorry i mean grinding in harmony free of anyone disturbing their grind session

Nyhver likes this.
  14. 2Cents

The community basically admits they know the fundamental consequences of the flawed game design, even if they can't articulate it or understand what's causing it.

Quite simple, design the game to support more players so this so called "griefing" wouldn't occur. If there was enough room for everyone on PVE server, no one would have any valid complaints.

15. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

well most griefing on grindspots would prolly stop if they made the mobs harder to kill, but more rewarding, so that everyone only needs half or a quarter of his actual used rota due to lower clearspeed

if they would implement pure pve server like they are now, it would just end in people outgrinding eachother for grindpost xyz

on the other hand, i'd welcome pure lifeskill / afk servers where all the afk processors, fishers etc. could fish in peace without creating a minimap clusterf*ck in every bigger town.
    to reduce the stress on the server i'd say there should be no mobs though (except maybe hunting / lifestock)

#15 Rising_Chaos, Jul 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  16. Nyhver

yes i did unlike you

I'll grant you that there's some very boring moments and unbalanced things, but even in the example you used of a zerker where the boredom can be very justified there's moments of high intensity and skill, there's a clip of vangertz fighting a zerker in BSL which shows just that

Instead of taking all things into account and deciding upon the proper path of high skill and trade offs when necessary you want a weird smorgasboard retail WoW which is already suffering due to many of the candyland decisions you want implemented

Why, you'd cut down all the principles of skill if you could get your hands on a neutered 'balanced competitive' pvp, wouldn't you? And what would you do when skill turn 'round to meet you, all the principles having been cut down?

You'd get picked up and one shot because you're a sitting duck

easy KO

skill - infinite

you - 0

17. 2Cents

The reality is many of the older tournaments, especially preceding the chain CC delay changes where nothing more than a constant grapple fest. They where painful to watch. All the comments where the same.

You compared things to WOW no one else. That was going on in your head. It's your limitation not others.

Pearl Abyss doesn't have the resources to make quality PVP content. They have an MMORPG to design.

18. Cyka

Cyka Guardian 62 NA

I'm fine with the cc mechanics in the game. If you are rotating through SA and iframing at the right moments it pays off somewhat. Although I do agree that res could be reworked or buffed and stacking dp after softcap is a nightmare when going the regular ap monkey route as you get very little gain other than an extra 1 percent DR per bracket

19. 2Cents

This presumes your class has iframe abilities.

20. Claydough

No not quite

In a perfect world with everyone working together yes

Reality is in this game, you can be grinding a spot with 10+ rotations free, all equally good rotations and somone will greif that spot from you still, simply because that the rotation they always do, and youre in that rotation
    And they will spend that whole night greifing proving that that is indeed their spot, weather theres other places to go or not