1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Windows 10 Fall Creators Update crashing BDO

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by RiperoniPizza, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Andaro

Ambassador

well I make that assumption because I had the same thing happen not too long ago, and so natural troubleshooting step1 I shutdown manually, all nonessential processes active in TaskManager and the game opened just fine.....I can't remember off hand what it was I closed though

Try opening msconfig and selecting diagnostic startup, then launching the game, see what happens

2. Ofdimaelr

I solved the problem by reinstalling windows ............

3. Andaro

Ambassador

good to hear you are running again, but that also prooves that there was something different between the windows you were running and the fresh copy running now....could have been a windows update, could have been a bad profile policy (usually the case)

personally whenever I install windows, I enable the base Administrator account and use that as it has the highest authority level

4. Foxens

Foxens ID0 Ninja 61 EU

well same error like always whole pc crash when i start game its the 3rd day... and event is going T_T

5. Cymbalist

for anyone having this issue, check if you have any hardware monitoring software running like asrock tuning utility, TRIxxx or any of the other versions of other vendors and check if that helps. I turned mine off and the game runs, i tried to run the monitoring software while BDO was running and it crashed my pc again. For soem odd reason since this latest patch BDO will crash your pc if you have any monitoring software running.

Andaro likes this.
  6. Andaro

Ambassador

this means xigncode is detecting the app and closing bdo

Cymbalist likes this.
  7. Cymbalist

well closing bdo, it literally hard crashes and locks the whole system, i was thinking it could be xigncode too. It is worrying that xigncode/bdo takes such a level of access to the pc, it has nothing to do with hardware monitoring software and no reason too either.

8. Andaro

Ambassador

only wish I could experience the same issue so that I could provide better assistance, and I am sure the staff do too....troubleshooting this kind of issue with so many different pc types and variable causes is extremely difficult without having it right in front of you

9. Cymbalist

I've made a ticket and got a random reply back with all the usual things they keep telling people, which i mentioned in my mail i had already tried.
    i re-installed windows and also redownloaded and isntalled the game 5 times from different locations via steam
    I've been going by trail and error to figure out why bdo crashes the pc and noticed it's related to the monitoring software, other people with this issue noticed TRIxxx also caused issues. Somehow it has something to do with such monitoring softwares, i replied that in my ticket, so i hope they actually read my ticket this time so they can figure it out.

For me it's solved now, as long as i don't run my asrock tuning utility alongside bdo. Which rather sucks as that software is regulating my fan curves in my case, for now i have a noisy system untill this issue is solved.

I just wanted to let others with this issue know what worked for me, so they can see if turning software like TRIxxx, asrock tuning utility, afterburner or anything that does the same things, from other vendors, off and see if that helps them too. Then at least as a community we managed to pinpoint the issue and can at least play untill this gets fixed.

10. Vyky

Vyky Maehwa EU

I have fps drops between 20-60, randomly.

Windows 10: 1709 16299.19 > Catastrophic Failure
    Thx MS, again.
    The nice thing in this update is you are not able to switch off the Gaming Mode.
    Certificate issues with drivers. Again!

Nvidia: 387.92 /GTX 1070/
    The driver has problems when switching between desktop and full screen window mode with the game.
    I have not tested the rest of the setups, but it worked well before this awesome fall down update.
    Also Google Chrome (62.0.3202.62) has problems when I put down on the taskbar, it stops playing.

Awesome timing MS! We have to wait one or two weeks or in worst case a month while the certificated and tested drivers come up.

Until then: Shitstorm incoming! :D

Solved:
    I have rerolled on 1703, and set the Defer Feature Updates for 365 days. :D

#50 Vyky, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  11. woots

I'am with the FCU.

i'am used to play in borderless nearly since always; and now it "stutter" when traveling around. Like if the game had issue to load and so.
    I tried fullscreen, and its butter smooth ( and performance actual pretty stable ! )

Seems like FCU fked the borderless performance compare to AU

EDIT : now i have the issue back where the game run at half of my refresh monitor rate.. oO

#51 woots, Oct 22, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  12. Vyky

Vyky Maehwa EU

I had the same stuttering issue on 1709 that is why I have decided to reroll on previous 1703 version. I have several different problems with this new update outside the game, what I will not list now. It is incomplete, it is a rushed version, probably because of this wifi madness with the hacking wpa2, I do not know, but it is awful.

13. woots

Personaly, i dont have others problem with that update, it even improoved somes system reaction for me, and somes stability regarding somes software.
    ( note that i've also cleaned win10 from all their bloatware ( so the store ), disabled a bunch of things like data logging, somes useless services, all crap xbox things - gamebar..etc )

No idea about that wifi madness things you are speaking about, i'am using ethernet wire ^^

For now, the only issue is : BDO.

But well, depend what you do with your computer, not surprised you have issues tho, win10 kinda is a mess because of how they are developping it ( and their wish to run a "OS for everything" that's so... well. )

#53 woots, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  14. Vyky

Vyky Maehwa EU

https://www.techpowerup.com/237921/...itical-flaw-discovered-in-wpa2-wi-fi-security

Many years I am pleasing about a gaming operating system, without all the unnecessary stuffs and background processes, firewall settings, etc. Made exactly for gaming purposes, super tiny, super stable, super smooth, super fast. It would be a huge business, a huge segment of the market is using only for this purpose, the gaming industry, and the gamers. Everything else is just a fancy marketing ********. I am working as an IT pro and I can tell you, 99% of the business users will never use the Windows Store, they are using targeted softwares properly for their business profiles, and maybe MS Office and that is it.

15. woots

and that critical flaw is because FCU ? i'am confused. But guess, glad i dont use wifi, in that case.

Well yeah they wanted to create a win10 that do "everything" for every kind of user ( so the one that get jack sh#t to computer ) not that is bad, but they could have indeed keep handy option to disable many unnessary things for "advanced" user instead of forcing all their crap.

Anyway.

16. Vyky

Vyky Maehwa EU

Indeed.

No. But a Windows patch can help you to secure your data they say. But I guess it needs a new firmware for the devices.

17. Nyalimera

*sighs*
    If I knew this would happen, I wouldn't have touched it. I decided to update it today and now my game is not even loading up along with other bugs outside the game. Any suggestions on what the issue might be or fixes to make? ;/

18. REdaccs

If you can press "play button" and you game is full patched, flush you DNS, you basically need to get new xgingcode. Somewhere here on forum GM gave instructions. Also try to perform clean video driver installation.

19. Nyalimera

Thankies, I'll try that. Sadly, I can't preform any NVIDIA driver installations since I applied the new Win10 update. The window just turns black... Same as Discord. No clue what's going on but now BDO is affected too. I can load it up to the point that it shows up as a window but that's about it, also shows up inactive on my task manager... u.u

#59 Nyalimera, Nov 1, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017