1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7, so can't participate in Lahn Creation event... But here's what I would have entered:

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Velexia, May 16, 2018.

1. ghoulz666

You realize many people still use it right? You just going to piss all over them?

And yes, blame the DEVs. It was working just fine until they @#$%ed it up recently.

Scixer, JillValentime and KotoRena like this.
  2. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Piss on them? I'm not forcing them to stay on Windows 7. Windows 10 is still free to download and use directly from Microsoft. There's literally no reason to stay on Windows 7. So no, it's not the developers fault.

3. ghoulz666

It's not their fault, @#$% just magically started to not work from one of their previous patches. I suppose all of these CC and mobility changes aren't their fault as well.

Woodsy likes this.
  4. FiniteMatter

I am running Windows 7 and I have no problem at all. I can run for many hours upon hours (haven't had a crash yet this week) however I always close the Coherent UI process in task manager so maybe thats why.

5. warriors

6. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

7. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Oh, so you think they intentionally made the game not work for some Windows 7 users, much like they intentionally made the CC changes over the last month.

8. Vespers

Windows 7 as well, guess I'm not entering this competition. But here's what I would have submitted.
    2018-05-16_43640440.PNG

9. Velexia

Literally talking about Coherent UI crashing, not BDO itself lol
    It's a fairly recent bug that started 1 or 2 patches ago.

10. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

I actually prefer windows 7 to windows 10, and I'm not the only one. So out of courtesy to their users, who are actual paying costumers, the least they could do is fix it already ^_^. Not only is it their responsibility, it would be the considerate and right thing to do as well.

Isteria, Ascaeldor and Velexia like this.
  11. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Some people like XP more than 7, should they make the game run on that as well? There isn't a reason not to make the switch, it's a better operating system and it's free.

12. ghoulz666

Microsoft canceled support for XP, 7 still gets updates. Enough of your bullcrap.

JillValentime and Velexia like this.
  13. Vanadiel

Windows 10 has a lot more data tracking features in it than windows 7. Not everything is compatible with windows 10, and while windows 10 was a free upgrade, installing office under windows 10 is not free and not all installed software under windows 7 worked properly after the upgrade.

There's always costs and downsides to upgrading and I need my desktop software operational and not in a state that requires me to reinstall or overinstall in the hopes it works.

14. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Windows 7 doesn't get updates, it gets security patches only. It's in what they call the extended support area and will end in 2 years. Get your facts straight.

15. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

Hey I wouldn't bother arguing with him anymore. He's a lost cause as it seems he hates windows 7 with a passion for some reason.

Let's just hope that they fix this for us ASAP - its the least they can do considering their current track record.

JillValentime likes this.
  16. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I loved Windows 7, but there is a newer better version available and no reason to use outdated software. You sound like very old people afraid of new technology, lol!

KotoRena likes this.
  17. KotoRena

KotoRena Valkyrie 60 NA

I see, well after the whole debacle with windows 8 I decided to hold back from windows 10 for as long as possible...I know eventually I'll have to upgrade, but I'm just not ready to commit yet. Perhaps other windows 7 users are similar to me.

So in the meantime PA could help us out a bit in that regard~ I mean it shouldn't be that difficult. Just looks like a bug they need to repair.

Maddons and Velexia like this.
  18. Velexia

You know I originally intended this thread for people to post pictures of their Lahn characters if they couldn't post them to the beauty album, not for people to argue about whether or not someone should change their operating system. Would love to see some more Lahn screenshots :)

Smileybones, KotoRena and Ascaeldor like this.
  19. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

You should rename your topic then, because I didn't come here to see pictures, I came to see what the problem was. So the discussion is technically on topic since we are talking about part of what your post talked about.

20. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 61 EU

Upgrade to 10 it's free ...

Asterotis and flukeSG2 like this.