1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7, so can't participate in Lahn Creation event... But here's what I would have entered:

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Velexia, May 16, 2018.

1. zhagsten

All of them.

Oh by the way, flukeGS2, you won't get free Microsoft products. You can stop already.

2. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

yes they are, read closer they made win7 keys valid for activate win10.
    yes i don't for sure as well as tons of test on internet.
    yes they are, new games already come with wi10 x64 support only, and business windows based working soft will follow this way.

3. ava80

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/download

Windows7 is both on the supported and the recommended list, so they should fix this bug. End of story. Whether upgrading to Windows10 is a good idea is besides the point.

Kyouki and Velexia like this.
  4. kakodaimonos

Uhhh what now?

1st no it's not better not even close.
    2nd it's only free when you upgrade and even then it's an OEM-License which means it is bound by hardware. So as soon as you have to change your Motherboard e.g. you're screwed and need to buy it.

5. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

How do you know I'm not already getting free Microsoft products? :3

6. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I disagree.

7. kakodaimonos

I hope you only disagree with #1 because #2 is a fact.

8. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I disagree with no.1, but no.2 is a fact for all upgraded operating systems, not just Windows 10.

9. kakodaimonos

But tbh you shouldn't upgrade anyway. It messes with the system alot. It might seem stable but it ****s up alot of drivers etc.

Isteria likes this.
  10. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Actually a quick Google search proves no.2 to be wrong as well. You are able to tie your Windows 10 activation to your Microsoft account so when you change out any hardware, including a motherboard, you can reinstall and reactivate without needing to purchase a new copy.

11. Asterotis

Windows 10, problem solved.

Microsoft gave everyone with win7 a free upgrade ffs. This isn't a developer issue it's a "I refuse to upgrade" issue.

12. kakodaimonos

Or a "I can't upgrade because of bugs"
    I personally did the upgrade back in the day. ****ed up my entire system. Had to downgrade again, was still a broken piece of garbo.
    It's always best to have a clean install of a new system. But that of course means you won't get it for free.

I understand people who refuse to upgrade personally. But that's just when you got issues with it yourself, I guess.

zhagsten likes this.
  13. Eynix

Dev here, still working with C++98 and VS2005 'cause some clients does not want to upgrade from windows XP. Got around 50 computers here, 3 runs Windows 10 for testing purpose. Most of them are running Windows 7. Dev industry isn't video games only.

Please quote from official microsoft website. That there's a roundabout way to upgrade freely from w7 to w10, alright. But microsoft pretty clearly state that this free upgrade process is over since 2016.

#73 Eynix, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
  14. kakodaimonos

OEM is OEM. Tied to account or not. Hardware change will make the License useless if it's there or not.

15. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

16. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

You can do clean installs from the upgrade, I did on all my PCs. It's an option.

17. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I'm working at a multi-million dollar company who builds mining equipment and they are using $20,000 software to operate their machinery and even they are upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

It's also not a round about way to upgrade, it's straight forward. Download Windows 10 install files, install, input your Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 key and you are done.

18. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

As developer you should understand that windows versions now walking path of IE and its same hell as it was with IE versions. I'm perfectly aware of all legacy soft and hardware still in use and can't be replaced. Support it and create new for legacy is totally different things.

19. Eynix

It would be fun coincidence if that software was ours :P

flukeSG2 likes this.
  20. Zharigh

Then be specific about it then so people actually know what this thread's purpose is, because just mentioning the windows 7 problem made people lose their minds over operating systems.

Well since you saw the problem, you can take your Win10 narrative and walk away. Basically saying you deserve this because you refuse to have the same preference as me, what more pettiness are you capable of?
    Oh you truly righteous one, you are right. Finally the last game to ever be capable of running smoothly and functionally on Win7 stopped doing that, now we move on. /s
    Most likely the devs unintentionally screwed up the coding these few weeks, it can happen very easily.

Velexia and zhagsten like this.