1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

With the karma change, make declaring on guilds easier.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Failbot, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Failbot

It seems fairly ridiculous to me now that you can only PK a person twice or you go red that we still keep getting the "Guild not ready for war" thing even on XL guilds with 200 points.

I suggest adding a limit to either players(For example, Medium guilds) or guild points(50 for example) where you can always get declared on. I get that this system is in place to protect little lifeskill guilds but big "pvp" guilds are abusing it to grief and karmabomb.

Tansie likes this.
  2. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

+1 to this.. I'm fed up of asking if we can declare on a guild and 9 out fo 10 times being told "guild isn't ready for war"... People get to just hide in smaller guilds, or even bigger ones sometimes and they abuse the **** out of it. If they are a lifeskill guild then fair enough but they shouldn't be able to get all the PVP buffs if they want to stay protected. Then those bigger guilds, which have almost as many guild points or members... It's ridiculous.. If the two guilds are within a certain amount of members or guild points then you should be able to declare, because even the biggest guilds are sometimes unlucky and don't own a node.

Then if you do get to declare on them, the person ends up protected or their whole party will have a witch with protection to heal them -.- Sooo stupid. It takes 15 mins for the declaration to go through as well (too long imo) so then they prepare for it and a 1v1 ends up turning into a 1v5 or the war ends up pointless because they run off just before it pops... Should take 5 minutes imo.

Failbot and N0tl0c like this.
  3. N0tl0c

The whole guild not ready for war thing is BS. If they dont want to war they can just leave guild or get protection any ways. I also feel like the timer till war should be 10 mins instead of 15. Guild protection was used almost souly by guilds to make player loose karma on them, like when a guild brings 7 people after one of there members karmabombs your guildie till they are red and try to kill him and flag up on you when you arnt looking or heal there buddy whos flaging on you, but they arnt ready for war :/ sounds like the system isnt being exploited. s/

Failbot and Tansie like this.
  4. Montblank

Wouldn't that make the purpose of their first change redundant? They are trying to stop harassment of lower levels, not shift it to another system.

5. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Most of the time it isn't lower levels. If it's a specific guild for lifeskilling or new players then it would be fine because they would still have protection or would only be against similar guilds. I believe it works were if your guild owns a node, you can't declare on a guild that doesn't own a node (correct me if I'm wrong).. So the bigger guilds often can't declare against at least 80% of the other guilds out there.. Even though sometimes they can be just as strong, or sometimes they may even be stronger but unlucky in node wars.

Plus guild wars are mostly used to control grind spots and the two players can be equal gear/level even if one is in a big guild and one is in a small guild. I've been beaten many times by guildless people so the guild your in doesn't define the player.. There are level 61s who are guildless.. It should definately be based on guild skill points or amount of members currently online/total. Keep the protection on the smaller/life skill guilds.. but if they want to be protected then there should be some sort of sacrifice and they shouldn't be able to access all the same buffs that we can ...

6. N0tl0c

ther
    there wasn't harassment of lower players it was the other way around and now only reinforces the griefing of KBers. Pretty much some kids came to a OWPvP game got killed when some one contested them for a valued and scarce resouce then whine not far the the older playe has a advantage of being better at the game and having gear the the newplayer could also get in time if he worked for it.

Tansie likes this.
  7. lullabee

It wouldn't be a problem if people didn't use the guild war system to bypass the karma loss on PK.
    You want to make declaring on guilds easier by getting rid of the "not ready for war"? sure, on the condition that it really is a guild conflict : make it a requirement that two different members of the declaring guild first PK two different people of their target guild.

8. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

So you want me to kill 2 different people from someone's guild first and use up all of my karma? That's not realistic... For starters, it's usually 1v1 disputes. My guild only has 1 or 2 guilds which we are perma war'd against.. We use the war system to fight over spots fairly. Only time we would ever bring more people is if they also brought more people and outnumbered us first.

People are FORCED to use guild wars to bypass the karma loss, because PK is literally a waste of time in this game... There are only losses and risk to the person who flags up and that is why I'm going by these two rules from now on:
    • Only flag up if you are a hell of a lot stronger and can keep them low HP so they die to mobs.
    • If they are equal or stronger, don't flag up and wait for them to get bored.
    Both **** moves but caused by a shitty system. I enjoy PVP but I'm not going to put my character and all of my progress at risk for literally nothing. 90% of the time people will come back and it only takes them 30 seconds to come back. If they honestly thought they could beat me, they should flag up when they come back.. But they won't because they know they are in control if they don't.

N0tl0c likes this.
  9. Sniffles

The way the current war system works is if the guild you are attempting to declare war on does not own a node nor does it have any wars up against another guild you are unable to declare war on the guild unless you are in the same situation as that guild. You can declare on as many guilds as you want if you do not own a node nor have a war dec on another guild. It takes 15min for a war dec to go through so. Once you declare war on a guild you can declare war on as many other guilds as you want during the 15min wait time of the first declared guild or until you reach cap on wars able to declare on.

10. Failbot

It's not "If you own a node" It is "If you have owned a node within a certain period of time"