1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiz: DR or Evasion for endgame?

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by Meowingtons, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Meowingtons

Hello my fellow wizards!
    Since I got my pen dim tree I don't know if should go for pen griff/bheg urugon or leebur/muskan? (I have pen hebe already) I asked a couple of wizards but I got no clear answer. What are your personal experiences with DR vs Evasion and what are the pro's and con's?

2. Exaah

We don't have real evasion modifiers outside Ebuff. The reason it used to work was because you could do decent damages with parrying dagger and evasion gears in the past.
    But right now, and especially with the incoming evasion debuff on w/w spells, I personally think it's better to go full DR.

If you can ever cross the realm of pen armors caphras 9, this might be different but I won't talk about it

3. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

For a damage build, you want Bheg for accuracy along with Urugon and Giath/Griff helmet.(not enough evasion to count = all your evasion dp is "wated")

For a "tank" build, you want evasion since that is the only thing we have a good offhand for (Parrying Dagger) Add DR wherever you dont sacrifice evasion for it

Mixing dps and tank only work against lower geared players (compared to yourself).

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

evasion hybrid works decently vs some classes and vs some its absolutely useless sadly. voltaic evasion debuff alone kinda contributed to massive efficiency drop in that build also even if we ignore the fact that some classes just dont give a **** about 600-650ish evasion.

5. Mattys

I got pen evasion gear c11 and I will get beated less than 0,1 second. So no, evasion doesn't work in current meta.
    Its full ap or nothing.

6. Meowingtons

Got my pen leeburs, only missing muskans now. I went down the Eva route cause I plan playing a hybrid build with 2 x distortion earring, sicil and orkinrad (maybe even centaurs belt). I rly don't care about 1vs1s (cause we don't stand a chance against players who know what they are doing) and I think I will profit in NWs. I also spoke to a wiz having both Dr and evasion set pen. And he told me evasion is overall better. DR is trash sadly, even if evasion won't help you against certain classes

7. Nabuch

NA is probably clenching their buttcheeks hard at this statement, and I wholeheartedly agree.

Full PEN C9 Valk at 290/360 is one combo for 269 AP Musa. 331 DP properly stacked evasion Mystic however... Might only lose 50% or 1/10 times will get combo'd.

8. Meowingtons

Well, we all know wiz will never be tanky. Only if you go full dp (evasion). I hope I just won't melt in one skill while rotating my SA

9. Mattys

The evasoin is not worth it atm, DP needs big buffs at the moment even it was buffed but there's way too many debuffs which makes DP buids not viable. The Shai's insane aoe DP/evasion debuffs, wizard/witches aoe -15% evasion debuffs.

I'm telling you this with all my heart, DONT GO EVASION ROUTE AT THE CURRENT MOMENT!

I have 847 evasion, 394dp and 217ap. I'm evasion hybrid with super high gs and after I jump in red battlefield there's 100% I will get one of the debuffs. Same goes with node wars. After debuff your character feels like basic 294dp wizard.

I regret going evasion everyday. But there's no way to turn back anymore after I've invested over 100b+ to this gear.

The current state of evasion is useless, the debuffes need nerf or DP needs big buff. After that evasion will be consirable option.

10. Nabuch

Well you are full of ****. 235/360 Musa with 789 evasion Musa here, and even if I somehow get hit by evasion debuff, I'm still tanky enough to not die easily. If you think 847 hit by 15% evasion debuff is as tanky as 294 DP Wizard, you're delusional. Even if we straight up deduct 15% it's still 720 evasion, and evasion is noticeable even in AP gear at 620, is crazy good at 670. Cancer evasion builds have anywhere between 720 and 790, ~225 AP builds with Sicils being at 820.

11. Meowingtons

Well I have to build some kind of dp. I feel like DR is useless. Evasion at least gives you the chance to evade dmg

12. WhySoSeeryus

id say its decent plan, but dont go sicil, stay with ogre. not worth the tradeoff imho. orkin is decent defensive boost (eva+hp) with low ap loss. dont go under 269 ap if possible. mainhand especially.

distortion earrings will just make your weakness even more apparent when someone thats good vs evasion comes your way. kinda pricey atm as well.

13. Meowingtons

So I should go for tungrad earrings? But ill'work on muskans first. My goal is to not instantly melt in SA and still wear full ap (or maybe kutum)

14. WhySoSeeryus

with earrings now u have three options.... very nice ap but -dr in distortion, ok ap in tungrads and a bit lower ap but decent dr boost in narcs.

while stacking ap is nice, you should take care of your dp brackets as well. try to aim for the 324 or the higher one if possible. (well, with pen armors its not hard even with full ap accessories i suppose).

15. Meowingtons

Isn't the Dr from narcs kinda useless if I go evasion? I'm sitting at 321 nouver, 331 kutum. But i don't have a lot of caphras in my gear.

16. Exaah

hits you dont dodge are mitigated by the DR
    the extra DP they provide helps you get the DR bonuses from DP brackets

it's far from useless in my opinion, the reason PEN Caphras 9 armors are strong is because they give both Evasion and DR

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  17. WhySoSeeryus

far from useless. especially if it helps u get next bracket. but u dont get it blindly if u opted for evasion build. that doesnt mean u shouldnt take it when available and if not at big cost of other stats.

well, u not having much caphras now just means u can get alot of stats consistently as u upgrade them. (note: not worth above lvl 4 on tet)

18. Meowingtons

After testing 331 DP kutum i can tell DP is very much useless. Im not talking about 269+ap Players that onecombo me. But 240 ap Ninjas shredding though me like im having softcap DP. I have reached 620+evasion so i still need a bit more.But in this state im actually thinking about selling my PEN armor pieces and trade it for a PEN ogre. well wait, ap scaling is also ****. damn it!

19. WhySoSeeryus

620 evasion is not really that high tbh.

altho our main problem is we dont have +evasion buffs outside of ebuff and addons (cata and watersphere)

20. Meowingtons

i know. should reach at least 700 Evasion. But still, gearing up on a wizard doesnt feel rewarding. our ap scaling is crap and we dont get tankier (except full Evasion builds but meh)