1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiz pve grind speed

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by Shaggz, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Shaggz

Why pirates over susans? I have a 10 node at sausans

2. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Pirates is complete garbage nowadays if you dont have the trading level and artisan 2? Pffff. Definitely isnt gonna cut it. Sure Pirates can be great money but also a great time investment.
    >You have run 3 ships there to stack up tons of pirate coins.
    >You have to liquify those fkers at some point (Which is arround 215k coins the last time i calculated, max number of coins a mount can hold)
    >You have to stack pirate bandanas and liquify those as well which can cost hours if you have a lot of them.(arround 644k bandanas per mount)
    >In order to keep the time investment as low as possible the grinding character has to "live" at pirates, since swimming back and forth takes time again.

I had M11 when i was out there last time and i "only" grabbed like 30 M* worth of coins in an hour there. This sounds like a lot until you consider that you also have to take into account time to get the trade level, time to bring the coins over to Valencia, blablabla, it just falls off against simpler grindspots. And even fking Fadus, Yes, those fadus, are compareable to pirates with arround 27.5M an hour at the same gear but waaaaaaaay less setup and far more skillpoints, which is something OP needs anyway since he is relatively fresh to the game.

So no, for OP Sausans is definitely better, simply because it doesnt have such an unreal amount of setup. The only advantage pirates has over sausans nowadays is that pirates is a dead grind spot. Don't start planning for a future pirate grind if you only do it for 2-3 months.

*disclaimer: arround 30M an hour just pirate coins, once you factor in other drops the number jumps up to 37M-40M an hour, but falls off again to arround 35M if you start counting the time lost trading the coins and bandanas in. Fadus has only 27-30M including selling literally everything to the market. Those numbers have been taken from my Mystic (241|252|someDP) but my ranger at 208|210 pulled similiarly related results (arround 31M pirates and arround 24.7M at fadus).

#22 Ned Sheynji, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  3. Shaggz

Slight update... I am now 59.6 1028sp and 196/188/232.
    Been jamming out in Nagas primarily. Have tons of pila scrolls.
    Gear now:
    Tri zarka
    Tri gold awakening
    Duo nouver
    Duo bhegs
    Duo giath
    Duo rednose
    Tri grunil boots
    Tri mos
    Tri mos
    Asula eating
    Tri bce
    Duo Shultz belt

4. Shaggz

Oh and I have to say... wiz look awful with out a costume.... giath +rednose + bhega makes the anorexic wizard look like a junkyard hobo

5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

for more convenient looks with added bonuses, cash shop shortcut is f3.

6. Shaggz

Ya I'm torn in which to get.... not sure if I want to just grab desert gullies or gavin regan.... or lord red.

7. LRG

LRG

Lord Red and the OG Inquirer's Wizard hat is the best look they have imo.

8. Beond

wizard and witch are the highest level characters in every region if that tells you something

9. Shaggz

Update:
    Currently lvl 60.32, 1291 sp, 205/207/258
    Got mt dande, nouver, and bhegs all tri yesterday. Got my schultz neck to tri and tree spirit belt to duo. Blew up my duo witch so back on asula earring.
    I have noticed from grinding gahaz and fogans there are a ridiculous amount of Musa and archers that grind significantly faster than me. They tend to try and force me out by killing stuff before my casting animation goes off.

10. Shaggz

Oh and finally go my boss boots.... those are also tri muskan

11. Shaggz

At what point is it viable for me to hit aakman?

12. LRG

LRG

241 AP with Kutum. 230-240 AP would be pushing it. The bigger issue with Aakman is the mobs hit hard, something like 300 DP is recommended.

13. Exaah

why 241? the cap are either 235 or 245

235 is fine with tet kutum, just buff yourself. it wont be amazing, but it will be decent money
    check on youtube the different rotations

for survival, abuse FG and pve iframes if you're having trouble

14. Shaggz

I didn't get a kutum.. I have a nouver :( got it before new mp... but I'm now at 221ap. Grabbed a tri witch, tri rce, tri serap neck

15. azneric

Sausams is only good with 25 maids and storage that you rented and put it in that town outside of sausams. Other then that. I would do arsha pirates. Make really good silver and level up the node. Trust me man. I am the person who made Pen Cresent. I know what to do in this game. Once you hit like 245 ap with kutum. Then go to manshams and grind like crazy. On NA. I pretty much live at manshams. It is good silver and the caphras is awesome to increase your ap on your weapons. But no reason to use those until you have tet weapons.

16. Exaah

how is that an argument ?

17. azneric

245 ap with Kutum. Or 265 ap with nouver. Make sure to at least have 2 pieces of armor to tet also.

18. Exaah

245 kutum or 265 nouver?
    I think you meant 261 nouver or it doesnt make much sense

19. azneric

No 261 with nouver sucks at aakman. I rather use kutum at that ap. I would use nouver at 265. You guys do what you want. I been playing wizard for almost 3 years and have over 2700 sp's. I know the class in and out. Only way I would use kutum majority of the time is 261 ap or higher with kutum.

20. Exaah

at 261, nouver becomes better than kutum
    if 245 kutum is ok for you, how is 261 nouver not good enough, i dont understand your logic

i dont care how long you played wizard or how many skills points you have, or what accesories you made, or what you think you know

maths are maths, and you are contradicting yourself.