1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wizard hotbaring teleport doesn't work properly

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by Crents, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Crents

Standard key input for teleport is shift + space as you all know already. I don't find that input comfortable enough so i hotbared my teleport skill to "E". Nothing weird, right? every single player on every single class can freely do this.

Well, the thing is that the hotbared teleport doesn't work as well as the shift + space teleport, the whole point of hotbaring a skill is that it should work EXACTLY the same way, but at least on teleport it doesn't, putting you on a pretty huge disadvantatge mainly in pvp.
    You can cast teleport by holding shift + space but i won't cast it by holding E (hotbar), that means that if i'm casting a skill such as Cataclysm (superarmor) and during the animation of the Cataclysm i hold shift + space i will cast teleport inmediately after Cataclysm's animation ends, effectively chaining a super armor + iframed tp. That won't happen if i hold E teleport, and even if i mash E there will still be that frame where i'm unprotected because i couldn't properly chain my protections, this can easily mean being cc'd and die. Notice that this happens in every single skill, not just cataclysm and even applies to for example holding shift + space when you are knockeddown so you will instantly tp back to safety as soon as you can move again.

I really do hope i made myself clear, i just want my tp to work the same as the original tp, this is how it should be working in the first place. A hotbared skill shouldn't be worse than the "original" skill and put you in disadvantatge.

I also want to clarify that this is not me asking for a Wizard tp buff or something like that.

Thanks for you attention and i hope this doesn't get ignored.

2. Bnna

almost all skills in the game that can be hotbared work differently in terms of interrupting animations and camera/directional behaviour when hotbared and when used through key input. game kinda gives you a hint at the fact they are different skills by telling you the hotbared version costs more mp yaknow.

zero ****ing clue how you come up with that idea. whether you like it or not, but this is 100% working as intended. deal with it.

next they gonna ask for skill animation speed and even damage not to scale with fps. jeez.

3. Crents

Could say zero ****ing clue how you come up with that idea of me asking for any skill animation or other bs. I've even added the line that reads
    I also want to clarify that this is not me asking for a Wizard tp buff or something like that. In case some kind of "special" guy like you shows up, but you showed up anyways. Back to what actually matters, Bdo has a ton of skills and keyboard inputs, i, of course, want to put my skills on a comfortable input for me, this is literally obvious.

4. Bnna

key input teleport breaks unprotected recovery animation of cataclysm. hotbared doesn't - that is why there is a gap. your statement here

implies that this is something unique for the wizard teleport.

this stament here

tells you that it isn't and that it is a basic game mechanic you didn't understand.

#4 Bnna, Sep 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2019
    valasceria likes this.
  5. Crents

You surely realize that holding input to cast as soon as the skill is ready is not actually speeding the skill animation, right? And it's not breaking any recovery either.

#5 Crents, Sep 28, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  6. Bnna

that's a woosh right there ;(

7. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

After awakening skills u can cast teleport by simply holding space while finishing last cast. Does NOT work AFTER Hellfire skill. U know we cant have that convenient mobility :D

As for hotkeyed skils... yup, doesnt work as u would like it to. We can thank other classes with actual animation cancels for that. Devs probably thought some things would be executeable too fast via hkeys. In any case u only want to use hotkeyed teleport when u r running with sheated weapons... in any other situation use inputs intended by devs.

Shift space - normal tp - animation cancels majority of preawaken kit (u can anicancel preawaken kit with rabam spells also, but only via manual input, not hotkeys)
    S+C - weapon swap tp
    Space after awaken spells - normal tp

#7 WhySoSeeryus, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    Despins likes this.