1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wizard needs help devs PLEASE fix our class

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by LordCrusty, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

Yeah but thats when the whole rework situation comes in, while we havent remained untouched being the : cc removal on all but 1 awaken skill ,blizzard slpit dmg nerf, meteor dmg reduction, accuracy scam , flat pet ap, it was far better than losing everything like others.

When others say that were bad I just like to remind them of the things we have that others don't as well as were we stand overall and no Im not going to deny that 1v1 for spots or opw fights are very common and were we're not in a favourable position especially against strikers and mystics and warriors just hit escape escape or v .

2. Rayin

They ain't certainly duelers, but are not completely trash. Prior PvP changes i would've said that you were totally right and in fact i never blamed a Witch/Wiz that has lost to me, but that was kinda a drawback, since your utility in mass was more than a simple benefit for others.

Then PvP changes happened and you became much better than before. With "for you" include Witches and i mean also Wiz to some degree, as before you had a sup-bar damage compared to Wizard along with the lack of grab, while he gained a block also a block with the backpedal introduction.
    Now you don't have a grab, but your burst is superior in PvP and you don't have less protected CC. Wiz and Witch now are one of the classes that has high damage already at low gear brackets and protected CC, some versatility with speed spell, PA, heal and a long ranged i-frame teleport that is good to avoid incoming damage but is also predictable.

Since absolute became a thing, in 1 vs 1 now you're much less predictable and more versatile, plus 3/4 of classes have been butchered in a much worse way than you ever been losing lots of their protections without fixing their essential issues, exactly War and Valk that you're talking about mentioning them as God-Tier. How, why?
    You're far from being the best class 1 vs 1 or a duelist class, but certainly you're not utter garbage anymore.

Do you realize that if you struggle with a single class, but the other 99 are fine, probably it doesn't mean that this class is OP? what about the classes that do not give you any issue but bother the other 99 classes released? they're not OP because you can kill them? nice logic.

Nobody said that Wiz & Witch should be support, this game has no place for traditional roles. But if you shout craps for the sake of getting buffed blindly, then prepare to discuss it, especially because that's the mentality that wakes up PA and makes them think that the wrecking ball approach is needed to fix a class.
    They for instance, aren't balancing Ninja and Kuno as people claim, if those changes makes it to the live server, you're gonna see Ninja engaging and dying.
    Do you want to butcher every class that is able to beat yours for a matter of toolkit and in the meantime get yours buffed or are you going to ask for buffs and then try to see the thing from a general POV giving some honest feedback instead of the usual craps?

It works both ways, i can go in every sub-forum section and claim that Wiz/Witch is OP and should be nerfed, go in mine and say the same, open a thread in suggestion and gather 40 likes only for that title, until your class at some point will be nerfed to the ground for real to levels that will push you to either quit the game or reroll. Do you guys enjoy giving your feedback like that and see this game becoming a pit of despair for whoever doesn't play what you like but play something else?

Crimson_Scarlet and HiTTeN like this.
  3. Noixi

I'm a 1 song Mage.
    And that song for blo (downgraded spelling) has been that there is no ranged dps.

And with the lack of ranged dps, this is what we have become:
    • The literal range of all our spells is 36 feet or less, which is WAY too low.
    • The damage from all of our spells is WAY too low, but even LOWER on the so called ranged dps spells.
    • The speed of our casting of all spells, let alone the speed of casting ranged spell, and the speed of the projectiles from our ranged spells are all WAY too slow.
    • The CC from our attacks is GONE, except for MAYBE Sage's Rage. If at least, Absolute Lightning STUNNED we could use it with its PATHETIC damage.
    • The ability to even AIM at the WARPSTER classes is a GREAT hinderance, which is why we have to become WELEE warriors to even slightly compete.
    • We have no anti CC mechanism, and when coupled with our long casts, we can't compete on equal terms to any other class.
    • We can't even stand on a ledge, and cast spells without "properly moving forward" from some movement impediment, to where we will never hit the WARPSTERs anyway, to where the damage won't matter, and LOL if you think you'll CC any enemy. Let alone, if the ledge is 3 inches tall, you ranged whatever will just EXPLODE on the trimming.
    • And, we can't even get a targeting reticle to show where any ranged anything if going to hit. GOD forbid our blizzard or meteor spell with its LONG cooldown show us EXACTLY where it is going to land before we find out it hit a tiny pebble between us and the enemy.
    I can not harp on enough, 18 DEC 2018 came and went, and I got to try the "new PvP", which has all of the above SOLVED.
    ALL OF IT.

That new PvP is due out this year, and as-is, it WILL eat blo's (downgraded spelling) lunch.
    Optimistically, I think blo (downgraded spelling) will admit FAILURE and bring ranged dps to the game.

I assure you, the range in the new PvP, is HUNDREDs of feet.
    I've tried it.
    I had bow/arrow, crossbow, wand, and spell book, and they all had HUNDRED of feet range, too include a sniper kill shot feature on the crossbow.
    The silhouette on the targeting in the new PvP at HUNDREDS of feet with a wand and the spell book, just ASTOUNDS me, of how PETHETIC the range is in blo (downgraded spelling). Literally in the new PvP, you aim so far away, that the enemy's silhouette is a teeny tiny little stick figure, yet the ranged projectile's speed is realistically FAST that it gets the enemy.
    I can not say this enough, the new PvP has ALL OF THIS STUPIDTY SOLVED.

Its coming, and blo (downgraded spelling) has already admitted to the new PvP's "Battle Royal" (BR) as being good so much, that blo (downgraded spelling) is going to add BR to blo (downgraded spelling).

So, I am optimistic.

Who is going to want to log into blo's (downgraded spelling) DISPARITY rich WELEE fest as a wiz/witch, and be reduced to being a PA healer, when they can go to the new PvP have sniper kill shots from out of a building, without fear of 3 inch ledges blocking their shot.

But, until I see GREAT GREAT EPIC fixes with blo (downgraded spelling), I'm NOT going to buy anything form the pearl shop.
    And in FACT, I put my money where my mouth is, and I spent money on the new PvP by purchasing a "Founder Packs", even though the "new PvP" is a year out from any promise of release.

Bob2009 likes this.
  4. HiTTeN

HiTTeN Witch 61

Amen.

5. Goldfisch

Goldfisch Wizard 62 EU

Totally agree!

6. Mojihn

Wiz is super strong at low AP comparatively to other classes however, the main problem is at softcap+.
    At high end gear we cant trade because other classes do more damage then we do and we don't have any frontal blocks to help us trade which most other classes do.

The only way to survive is to kite, abuse Ritardando and throw CC until they hit the ground and pray you can get there and kill them in 1 shot. If not you will eventually be caught in SA rotations to defend yourself and then get grabbed.

Logically they are keeping us in this position because of our strengths in group PVP but it makes the class un-fun.
    I hate that our class has no other function in node war then to buff, PA and heal. I truly wish they would nerf our support power to let us have a more interactive role in node wars and more exciting PVP.

Give us some PVP options with counter play.
    Wizard was very strong for a long time and I understand that the community hates us because of it but I think we are at the worst point we have ever been.

I love my wizard and I really want to see him in a good place again.

PS: I love the idea of giving PA a personnal cooldown.

I also think making PA into an Item that can be used in node wars only by officers with a Cooldown would be a great Idea. Like a magical warhorn or something.

7. Despins

Would you also give the DoT change to Toxic Flood. Either way, DoTs have a puny effect on monsters since their health pool is enormous. So your change reasoning is completely out of the window.

NO SA to grabs ty.

Chilling wave is near the same as Yoke of Ordeal in some situations. Gorr Roll is the differenciating factor on if it does back attacks, if it hits a wall and stays where it is. Gorr Roll is clearly superior than Chilling Wave no doubt.

Addons are trash for both Witch and Wizard.

Stop dreaming, you won't get a CC on either Aqua Jail or Hellfire. If you get frontal back on Hellfire, you'd notice a drammatic change in the matchup balance between Witch and Wizard. That's all you'd need to make this match up to your advantage.

About Witch vs Wizard.

Yeah, yeah. Witch is generally said to be at advantage. But it seems all the problems are adressed at a surface level. We do not talk about how Wizard do not use Freeze skills; because they don't need it. Do you think I am joyful when I have to cast freeze on a target I floated from distance? I do it because all the rest do not work in a combo for Witch. Whenever you move the slightest bit, Voltaic Pulse is too slow of a cast to chain the combo with Bound. So we're stuck either casting freeze, or participate in the Fireball explosion knockdown rng lottery. Because a Wizard does that, he doesn't care and go Fireball Rabam with an extremely high knockdown cc coefficient on the rabam, with a range potential to 100-0 at low 265 AP.

This is never talked about when you guys keep whining about Wizard, Wizard, Wizard bad... My block have been chunked by 96% with a single water bomb and its flow. You guys never talk about the complete lack of combo of the Witch, our dependancy to the worst and the most bugged CC in the game (Freeze). But naw, lets act like Wizard is ten time inferior to Witch when in reality you're just a bit clunkier is some aspects. Some of you like to complain about Witch damage being superior without even wondering what would that leave the Witch with. And then, you sing songs about how amazing this Q block resistance is so it should justify you guys having the best ranged poke BY FAR, a grab (sucky, but still an option), and now with same damage, and still the same better rabam and combo potential.

8. charkus

They really need to change something in small scale and 1v1 situations, right now playing wiz feels like an outdated class, much slower and simplier than most of the rest.
    About large scale, if they manage to make us stronger in small scale, they can "nerf" us by removing the op PA rotations and probably making it more fun by changing PA to give just magic inmunity and high cc resistance, so witch/wiz will still also support to the group, but only countering their own kind at the enemy group.

Mojihn likes this.
  9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

look guys, valk has lots of utility (succ, acc buff, heals, pa, one shot ult) and its been given quite a nice QoL buffs and some straight up buffs. fingers crossed they do the same for us.

Mojihn likes this.
  10. WhySoSeeryus

also it would help if they treated our damage spells properly. if a ****** meteor/bolide/lightning/"pick the spell" LANDS and explodes behind someone it should be a back attack without giving a **** that we re in front of target.

i mean, look, big ball of fire landed physically BEHIND them and exploded. how is this frontal attack.

Noixi likes this.
  11. LordCrusty

I have rolled off my wizard, playing wizard is slowing my progression because of how outdated the class has become. I hope they fix it one day so i may return to it but for now i am killing Aakman with my berzerker 10x quicker then my wiz.

12. Noixi

QFT.

For all the SEVERE limitations on ranged dps, could they at LEAST get the back attack dmg in.

13. TeRRoRibleOne

One of the most OP classes in this game complaining they aren't strong enough....... You people are a god damn joke. You have 3 heals, the completely broken protected area, a grab, and some of the biggest AOE damage in the game yet you want buffs? Middle finger to you

Sigmus likes this.
  14. WhySoSeeryus

we dont have 3 heals, we can have 3 heals. but then our range capability is fcked (wizards at least). lots of us use offensive rabam. lots of us also want to nerf the PA in order to get buffs in other areas. grab is useless in mass pvp and very predictable considering our noncancelable skills and everyone can know when its coming due to that(and dodge it, unlike us). as for biggest aoe damage, id still give that to zerkers. but glad we had the talk.

Bob2009 likes this.
  15. Exaah

you're the joke
    you didnt even read most of the messages in this thread
    asking for a rework (buffs and nerfs) is not complaining about not being strong enough

16. FunkD

@TeRRoRibleOne has a generic hard-on for Witchtards in this forum, so much so that you can ignore anything he/she says at this point. Moron is stuck in 2017 with dated opinions of Wizards actual current status, and no doubt cannot even differentiate between Witch/Wiz when performing his full-time career of "Official BDO forums Witchard QQ'r."

I could actually take all his posts and troll with a real world analogy that would be rather funny, but that is more reddit material rather these forums so oh well... lmao

#36 FunkD, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019