1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wizard / Witch Damage and Lack of Renown Scaling

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by ManDown, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

They should fix Witch/Wizzard so they can grind on arsha, then the class is balanced...

Suggestions:
    -Change the Manashield to a toogle skill or something like 1min duration, 1 min cooldown. If its activated u take 50% reduced dmg, and get the CC resistance on cost of some Mana per second.

-Change Protected Area, to only work on yourself, but make it last 30 seconds and 90 seconds cooldown. While u under affect of Protected area, u are CC Immune -> immune to CC modifiers/downattacks ....

Then people would finally stop complain about nodewar OPness, and witch/wizzard still had a chance on arsha ;)

Stillwaters and Darthkiweh like this.
  2. Xenon

Xenon Kallitren Ninja 61 NA

So basically you want a permanent 50% damage reduction and 15% increase to resistances? Not only that, you want to make mages completely immune to cc for 30 straight seconds? So not only would they be immune to cc and damage taken reduced to basically 1 for 1 minute every 2 minutes, they'd have 50% damage reduction and 15% bonus resistance when that's down. Are you out of your mind? Did you forget that your class has the best self-heals in the game? You're asking to become unkillable. Oh, wait, it's Luxienna... no wonder. Yeah, I bet you need something like that, don't you?

Kayray and Risa like this.
  3. Allegame

that completely crap.
    Real suggestion : change PA for self that last from 8 sec to 10 sec, make manashield CD less, increase attack speed by 20%.
    This is the real balance. But probably if they do this, witch wiz will be useless in sieges :)) better take a mystic with equivalent gear. w/w are wanted for PA and heal, nothing more. if they can nuke, its a bonus

Luxea and Janus like this.
  4. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

Sure..... you want me punshing my enemy with my Staff and Dagger? :D

Battlemage new class confirmed!

5. Janus

Yes, simply make the flow depend on exactly the same stats (accuracy, renown bonus AP etc) as the main skills do. No need to introduce a separate calculation. Also makes the programming easier for future updates/adjustments. As things are, it can be bet on that there will more bugs be originating from that separation. PA will change devs around and the new one again doesn't understand what the last one did...
    Small correction though: Main skills damage doesn't need reduction as witchards have too low damage per second (as opposed to "burst") already.

Other than that, I would go with @Allegame suggestion (cast speed instead of attack speed obviously ^^) to balance wizard... and maybe make the nodewar and siege scene more interesting (at least mixing stuff up a little).

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

more cast speed and shorter teleport cd would be awesome start.

Stillwaters likes this.
  7. Rysingmoon

Pressing one key every 3 seconds prevents you from finger cancer and the Mana and Stamina consumption is low as well. In the same time, I press two keys for HP and MP pots, and repeat a three-key-two-mouse-button spam combo 10 times, that´s sightly less than 100 buttons and end up with zero MP, zero Stamina and 30% HP ;)

And yes, 3x the damage is not enough. It´s already 10 to 20 times more than the "spamming skills" mentioned above which take usually 1% to 5% of the HP of a critter.

8. Jollywand

nnnope here a really good suggestion JUST STFU

9. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

If you only do 1-% dmg on a mob, try getting the free quest weapons and the accoessories you buy from NPC. Sure that accessory is worse than asula but lets be real, farming for that is a bit above your current gearscore!

Stillwaters likes this.
  10. Tvvin

Luxi look. Ima be honest with you. That's entirely broken.

I get that you want your main to have no weaknesses, but if that is allowed, you can expect a huge outrage for nerfs. Without proper weaknesses to strengths , there is no balance

Something I'd suggest for Witch and Wizard players is somewhat similar to Valkyire and warrior. A different offhand choice with a 5 minutes cooldown apon skill use and no different offhand type switch out for node war /siege (5min penalty in open world)

Spell book offhand : improved PvP skills worse utility (battle mage)

Talismen offhand : improved support, weaked damage (support Mage)

Default dagger : with weakend everything

Then limit pa chains to 2 cast every 5mintues

Add 2 free offhand swaps on live server and add this onto lab server for refining

11. Rysingmoon

This has nothing to do with inappropriate gear, more like that you just have no idea how other skills (and classes) work.

12. Vunak

Vunak DarkKnight 61 NA

I actually kind of wish they would get rid of PA and all that so people would stop calling us OP because we are sought after for Node/Siege for 2 abilities. Instead rework us a bit to be more on par with other classes in terms of overall use to make up for the loss of PA.

We are allowed into Siege guilds with lower GS because PA isn't affected by it. We can drop out a PA with no gear on and so long as we get it off we are useful. Its horrible design. I would rather be wanted in Siege/Node because the class fills a decent role, not because of some gimmick.

Stillwaters, Luxea and Rysingmoon like this.
  13. Eardwynn

Hey guess what, witch and wizards aren't supposed to do the same amount of damage as other classes. Do other classes have triple instant heals? Do other classes have double teleports that take you a mile away in any direction? Do other classes get 9999999 DR buff? Yeah that's what I thought. Witch/Wizards crying about needing more damage is a joke, if you wanna do more damage, go play a damage focused class.

Luxea and Rysingmoon like this.
  14. WhySoSeeryus

1)triple instant heals? where? :D
    2)there are very few classes that cannot catch up to double teleporting (10 sec cd btw) NOT-a-mile-away witchzard almost immediately.
    3)yes they do. some on their own, some by other witchzards.
    4)class description stated maximum damage(5/5), so yea, it is expected to have high damage.

:p

#54 WhySoSeeryus, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Stillwaters likes this.
  15. Rysingmoon

IMHO, Eardwynn makes some valid points. But he/she is probably not completely accurate in all the statements made. One is, implying that W/W do not require more damage, but failing to see that W/W actually already have the most powerful damaging skills.

Honestly, I believe that you can agree with this - and the "class description" is accurate for this category and up to date. It is not that accurate in other categories, like Defense and Control, where I consider W/W to be much higher, due to its healing and PA respectively self control due to teleport and crowd control in its skills.

So 4) is absolutely the case today - even with "bugs" as you denote this mechanic.

And I totally agree with Eardwynn. W/W excel in so many other categories and their damage is not low either, so that a further improvement with faster attack speed, less CD for teleporting skills and even more damage would make this class over tuned.

As Wiz/Witch you have it easy already and the classes work pretty well, why don't you just take it as it is and relax?

Luxea likes this.
  16. WhySoSeeryus

i would like it to change a little bit. for others and myself. PA chaining is stupid. also, the cross that class carries due to that same PA is preventing it to ask for any type of 1v1 buffs.

Stillwaters and Crimson_Scarlet like this.
  17. Janus

@Rysingmoon Why are you in this thread or this subforum at all?
    You clearly don't have experience with W/W and you seem to only try to get the class nerfed without sense, for whatever reason, lemon-style. Just missing a wall of text where you list every skill a witchard has to make it seem that it would be OP. Hint: You won't achieve that in here since the devs don't read the subforum, therfore no nerf incoming (sadly no buff or change/balancing either).
    So... are you here only for the troll-factor? At first I thought you really wanted to discuss the class and the skills, but I guess I was mistaken.

Stillwaters likes this.
  18. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

Having all classes to atleast awakened, im not the one with no idea how the classes work. I can do more than 1% of a mobs HP with all classes with about quest gear on almost all spots (maybe not Gyfin/Hystria, but i would not put money on doing less than 1% per skill there either)

Stillwaters likes this.
  19. Rysingmoon

It's simple: suppose using Shotgun at a single target dealing 30% damage - which is quite a weak target. Like with 230 AP (Kutum plus buffs) to a Feather Wolfe. Now, attract 10 mobs which is quite easy and you end up with 1/10 of 30% HP which equals 3% damage per Shotgun to all targets.

In practice, it's a bit more complicated, since you also land down attack damage - which yields higher damages.

That's split damage. I tried to explain this for not the first time and in detail in the Ranger's sections where you also chimed in and it's staggering me that people do not seem to understand the principle.

Shotgun is not used like this, that is spamming at a pack until all are dead, though. This is inefficient.

#59 Rysingmoon, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  20. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

Even with your own numbers, you need 30+ mobs to do less than 1% with that split dmg!
    That is more than 2x the number any other class can agro at the same time