1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wizard / Witch Damage and Lack of Renown Scaling

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by ManDown, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

I honestly think they should just make a new Priestess class (can come from kamasylvia since theres already priestesses everywhere in Kama-Grana) to do healing and PA/other buffs. Witches/Wizards can get properly damage balances then without the danger of guilds locking out other classes from mass pvp content like seige/nodewars. There was even a guild exclusively recruiting witches and wizards and wanting NO OTHER CLASS according to their recruit ad.

And before someone says: "BUT THERE ARE NO ROLES ON BDO" - sure, this might work when this game first launched and there's only like 4 classes. We're now at 16, going 17 classes with male Ranger release. To keep all classes relevant in group content, every class needs a niche that no other can fill so maybe having a proper support role or proper tanks might not be so bad.

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

People strictly ask for w/w recruitment as there arent enough people playing them. Might have something to do with the fact u solo 99% of the game :p

Stillwaters likes this.
  3. WhySoSeeryus

well, it is a sought after mass pvp class.... and has a decent start advantage at grinding on low gear (awakening). so if you are into mass pvp and wanna feel useful even with lower GS, it is a good choice. (witch also)

4. Nystromn

good to hear

5. Syc

Syc

For any pleb player from here who say witch/wizard are OP you are f@kking plebs if you are not able to grab or delete with dmg a wizzard when he is casting aqua jail just better quit the game or get gear.If you are losing to a witch wizard same gear is mean that you are f@king bad at this game every class can kill EASY these 2 classes.

Stillwaters likes this.
  6. Syc

Syc

PS:F@king retards cry about heals wich are unprotected if you leat them heal just quit the game.Check other classes heals.Valks cry about PA what about your PA ? @Catastigma

Stillwaters likes this.
  7. Catastigma

Hey mister. 70% of all grap dont have super-armor/any protection. also heavly affected by Grap resistance that Witch can reach easly 100% without issue. A valk cannot trade damage for the simple reason that we dont have ANY VIABLE SUPER-ARMOR/PROTECTED SKILL ROTATION. ANY MOVEMENT RESULT TO A INSTANT CC CAUSE WE DONT HAVE SUPER-ARMOR/I-FRAME ON ANY DASH. EVERY OF YOUR SKILL BYBASS ANY FORWARD GUARD CAUSE OF YOUR STUPID PET FLOW.

where you can be protected 100% of the time. with this one shot meta you are fking god tier. At 550 renown vs 554 renown i got instant get by a Witch with simply Voltaic pulse + flow /Paralysis/Detonative flow + Equilibrium break/flow. 100% chance to kill everythink if you use correctly Paralysis. nobody will be able to do ANY ****

Where you have still few skill on Super-armor with very strong CC like Voltaic pulse. and more forward guard that Valk, lul.
    It's been 2 years that I ask that Elion blessing be removed exactly like protection area. ignorant blatant. it's a mechanic that should never exist.

Valk have a 20% heal each 30 sec where you have 90% heal reach 30 sec. It's not even comparable. even if you get interrupt your heal. you will have at least taken 1 tick of heal. its already higher that Valk heal.

Stop comparing. Witch and wizard are god tier forever. You will never be balance, as long as you remain mendatory in node war.

#87 Catastigma, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  8. Syc

Syc

Dont tell me that you are so retard that you are losing to a witch or wizard same gear ?Cuz if you are so bad i can teach you how to play agains this 2 classes.

9. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

20%(FG) every 8 sec + 30%(SA) every 30sec for Valk + 25% every 1min (+15 magic DP, 20DP, 12% accuracy and 20% movement speed)
    vs
    20% every 10sec + 30%x3 every 30sec for W/W + 30%x3 every 1min40sec (+15 magic DP)

If we only count "in combat" healing, Valk does about 3.91% per sec healing while W/W does about 3.9% per sec. Most of the Valk healing is protected while most none of the W/W healing have any protection. Out of Combat there is no question that W/W do more healing, but no protection = harder to do in combat and it reduce Healing Lighthouse to 30% instead of the 90% it can heal (long animation with no protection)

Shdw and Stillwaters like this.
  10. Janus

I had already "unwatched" this thread when Catastigma started demanding "punishment" for witchards because she doesn't know how to beat them 1:1 as a valk. But legit questions should obviously be answered:
    The mix in oppinions comes not only from trolls like rangers and valks in this thread (edit: not all of them), but also because it is so situation dependent. WhySoSeeryus already said it correctly: The class is good at the beginning to middle of the game, good for large-scale PvP due to the strong support capabilities (and to some degree the burst AoE). Last not least, Witchards are pretty simple to efficiently use in PvE or low-tier PvP so the learning curve is relatively flat (this changes a lot when you come to advanced PvP though) and an easy choice for new players.

Three things that might have not come across sufficiently, though:
    1. After a few weeks or months of progression you will become bottom-tier in 1:1 PvP against equally geared and skilled opponents. That 1:1 PvP is important for grinding in order to keep your grindspot against other players who might want to push you out. This is mostly relevant if you want to get a 50% loot increase that is available on the "free for all" PvP channel of BDO.
    2. There are classes in the game that are hard-counters to witchards (probably also Dark Knight and maybe tamer?). Especially Striker and Mystic are literally impossible to win against as witchard (at same gear/skill).
    3. And to come back to the topic of this thread: At the high-end gear brackets, Witchards effectively have an ever-increasing AP-debuff due to the renown bonus-AP not being applied to signficiant parts of witchards' skills (a whopping -73 effective AP debuff on the flows when you have PEN weapons and TET accessories). I am a wiz main and because of this s*** I am currently leveling and gearing 2 other classes to see which one I like as a better alternative. At that point my wiz will probably only come out for nodewars, which makes me quite sad since I have been playing him since launch (also during the half year where wiz was still unawakened while warriors etc already steamrolled everybody unawakened).

Just to illustrate this a bit better (some people don't believe what I wrote above) here a little clip of one of the high-end witches in the game not doing relevant damage at all but getting 1-shot/combo'd instead: https://clips.twitch.tv/PopularPeacefulSageMoreCowbell

#90 Janus, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  11. Catastigma

Purification is only for ally Forward guard is no-usable during node wars 95% of all classe have skill that bypass forward now.. The Rabam heal nobody use it and no protected. fake new

You can also concidering the range. The range of Breath heal are 5m where you Lighthouse is 20m. i am forced to go melee for healing people.

I dont give a fk about 1v1. i speak about node wars. Witch is completly impossible to CC safely cause thier still have Super-armor skll with CC. so for me and alot of classe. Any CC attempts result to be throw to the ground and your 100% resistance on everythink make any graping tentative a huge risk.

@Janus you comparing with the classe that deserve the same type of nerf that you. Striker mystic Ninja. are god tier for evidante reason that PA does not have enough nerf, They have no weakness. thier classe dont deserve pushnement. they would never have existed. it must be deleted.
    If you want to compare. compare you with a Valk Zerk, tamer,warrior,ranger,.

#91 Catastigma, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  12. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

If Purification is only for ally, then skill text is wrong (this is ofc possible).
    Nobody using Rabam heal is more a you problem than a class problem, and i never claimed it to be protected (Purification and BoE is protected)

You want to talk about range of the heal (healing allies) but ignore the strongest (over time) and protected heal since it only heal allies? (assuming your correct on purification not healing you, and ignoring HP on hit from it)

Take away PA, remove the heals and give us HP on hit for some of our skills instead. This should be a very easy fix, but all the non W/W player will cry when they loose PA+heal...

13. WhySoSeeryus

that just means you dont need it that much. witchzards do if they wanna stay alive and if they want their teammates to stay alive longer.

14. Foxens

Foxens ID0 Ninja 61 EU

Well it looks like wiz witch still dont know the difference between veing oneshotted or one combod. But thats typical for these monkeys

0fb22e89d736fc185c2a95813ec888c8.gif

15. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

Getting told over and over that we can 1shot people, it start sinking inn that 1shot = 1 combo ;)

16. Martis

I have seen a video where a wiz tryed out softcap gear against his regualr gear (226ap kutum) @ manshaums.there was no different in trashloot.so wiz will Not be stronger with higher ap in pve? If You reach "goal" in ap

17. Janus

With higher AP, witchards gain less additional strength due to the renown-bonus missing for flows (the topic of this thread). They do still gain some additional damage in general, though.
    Why in this specific case 226 AP with Kutum was same as approx 255 AP with Nouver... not sure. Theoretically there should be a bit more damage, but it might have been such a small difference that it was hard to notice at Manshaums. Consider that maybe he needed "damage of a little under 3 hits to kill" with Kutum vs "damage of a bit more than 2 hits to kill" with softcap. In both cases 3 skills would be needed and no difference in clearspeed seen, even though there is 25% more damage done. It's a bit theoretical calculation but hopefully illustrates the point.

Stillwaters likes this.
  18. Janus

Witch and wiz are monkeys? So what are you? A hamster? Or wasn't that gif an illustration of your looks?
    How long do you play Ninja? Since Ninjas have become clearly OP and every idiot rerolled? Guess you know all about "skills" in this game.

Stillwaters likes this.
  19. Stillwaters

Kinda like sorcs,sm in Aion they had a few shields,resist skills most with large CDs but they were very effective if timed properly .
    For me ,and know I'm about to catch fire from the flames; I think Aion had one of the best combat systems I've played so far

Janus likes this.
  20. WhySoSeeryus

but imagine ranger upgrading his bow but till doing crap damage coz HIS ARROWS are always crappy wooden ones.... and no matter how good his bow is, he will always be limited by his ammunition. would you call that fair in this game? :)

Stillwaters likes this.