1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wizard/witch does not need flow damage changed.....

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by LordCrusty, Aug 27, 2019.

1. NoisyBoy

Its hilarious how people think wizards can melt everything just pushing 2 keys...

LinaCrysta, NannaOgg and Fearless V like this.
  2. Maginha

I did and do and its fine tbh...

Dmg sharing on volt/thunder/yoke etc is not a problem....

Noisy, where do you see that statement?

3. Maginha

Yes, but musa does not have a PA on top, multiple heals etc.

@All in this thread, dont get me wrong pls, i think that the flow should get some "fix", but, and thats my personal opinion, if it scales with our ap (80ap now, against 280+ later), would break our class into op territory.

Im in for rescaling the whole pet ap somehow, but im obv too dumb to do the coreect math there....

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

now this is where you are technically wrong.... because he can do his thing while getting all those things from us. ;D

basically that is part of the problem,... we are "balanced" around our buffs and performing with them on us. other classes ARENT and yet they get all those buffs on top of everything. no wonder they perform so much better. ;)

if u ask me, make all of our crap just selfbuffs/heals, and then lets see how it goes for further balancing.

Itago likes this.
  5. Maginha

Haha true true :D even if a rarely see one of our flank musa monkeys close xD

6. NoisyBoy

When i hear wizards can tp. . Make their burst... What bursts? SA gaps are a meme, our damage vs single/duo targets its not bad at all if we can down them, buts awa kit is like asking for grabs, pre awa is either unprotected movement/more rooting. Maybe its my bad since its doesnt feel like a mage, more like an half-assed priest. At least before you could time their pa, bait them with mana shield, and pa, heal your guldies giving wizars a meaninful role on nw.... Try to jump into a zerg being a dp meme... Maybe you will last 1,5 hits.
    Musas can sprint throught the whole battlefield without gettung stun dude.... Dont give me that.
    Pve-wise i think we are in good position since heals+pots lets you grind higher areas than your ap, but still i want pet scaling fixes, half assed patches like giving us more hits/pve damage its not fixing the real issue. Defending spots with a wiz is a pain but again its possible if you know your pre awa kit even if you only can use 3 skills (Earthquake on mobs until first tic, fireball rabaam and multiple arrows, i dont count f csncel since its more useful when 1vX) . Right now we dont have a clear role and thats again bad dessign.. ..
    Its really dif triying to explain my mind that much in eng dude. .. XD

Maginha likes this.
  7. Claydough

Most of the time ill get caught in my tp alone, but if i make the tp, ill get caught in yhe massive gap between the tp and volt

And even if i do get the skill off, im just dps’d down through super armour and caught straight away

8. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

Not sure who you play against but you aren't killing anyone before getting insta gibbed at 297 dp LOL.

At near 300 ap with 346+ DP..... they didn't stand a chance in the first place. Your point is rather moot.

TP in get grabbed and one shot. Thats large scale if you tp into a guild thats even half decent. You want to talk about top tier gameplay at least be real. Because guilds that let you do that aren't top tier.

9. 2Cents

E > You lose son. Don't know wtf you where thinking, but E > You Lose. Where you in mid cast? Who cares E > You Lose. Where you moving? Who cares E > You Lose.

Grab is like the Dragon Punch in Street Fighter back when even blocking it made you lose. What where you doing? Who cares Dragon Punch > YOU LOSE.

Don't pretend you're going to Iframe around like a Ninja or Sorc. E > YOU LOSE.

Flow skills is about logic and math. There is only one answer. Obviously it should scale with AP.

10. Nubek

Wizzard and witch are scaling the same as other classes.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdeser...classes_truly_scale_differently_with_ap_test/
    Each AP point is increasing damage in the same percentage brackets.
    There is no magic behind the damage numbers, its pretty much straight forward and there is no thing like scaling better or worse.
    Classes that deal less damage than caster will do less damage no matter the amount of AP.

11. WhySoSeeryus

scaling on non flow skills is linear if you are comparing damage of just that one skill.

what people mean when they say classes scale differently is due to their special attack modifiers and better passives, addons or skill effects.

lets say skill A doesnt have modifiers and gets pure ap buff.
    lets say skill B has a float + airattack and gets same amount of ap buff.

which one would do more extra damage presuming special modifiers are triggered?

also, lets presume class a has a selfbuff like a valkyrie that allows them 100% critrate on ALL of their skills. lets say there is also a class like sorc that can also basically have a crapton of prebuffed crit chance.lets also presume class has access to good accuracy% selfbuffs that are not hard to keep up (located on lower cd skills, faster skills, on use mechanic). now lets test how their output scales with increase of ap due to those selfbuffs via skills/addons.

also, all this above isnt connected to witch and wizard flows being PET sourced damage which doesnt receive bonus ap from gear ap brackets but is instead fixed amount of "bonus" damage. even that link mentions it in the comments.

another factor of saying why certain classes "scale" better is because of how their kits work. if letsay ranger (just for the purpose of example) can two shot you due to ap, or can 5 shot you due to lack of gear, the difference is clear no? due to fighting style, keeping range or whatever reasons, you wanna reach the point with ranger where u can twotap people. 5 tapping ranger would have way harder time keeping distance or performing those 5 hits without getting fubared himself.

NoisyBoy likes this.
  12. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

No but they also dont have the ability to control engages like musa either. No witch is casting PA in a 1v1 scenario. Heals dont mean much when other classes can one shot you and engage and disengage at will. Other classes have big heals as well. Just fyi.

13. Hekki

Highest lvl on KR: wizard
    Highest lvl on EU: wizard
    Is it accident?

Findubar and TheYoda like this.
  14. WhySoSeeryus

seem like masochists play the class, for more than one reason. :D

15. Tvvin

Isn't the highest level in NA a lvl65 Witch?

16. Rena

Talking about myself, blowing up things as witch is fun

you don't mind repeating something if it's fun and rewarding

i'm almost full pen and on the way to 64..

plus i need 10 times more gear than other classes to 1vs1

17. cald123

Started maining a witch a month ago this is the point everyone is missing . At 254 ap/ 293 dp I can do okay in rbf but it involves a lot of hit and run tactics about the only time you use PA is against spawn camping . Once you engage in 1v1 it is all in scenario teleport in and hope you can combo them . Or sit on roof and meteor shower them . Lets not forget animation times for skills also against a sorc that knows what they are doing forget it by the time you start your skill they have I-framed and you are committed and dead after . Witch is high risk and reward char if you look at it not to many options at my level poke and hope or fleee like a baby .

18. LordCrusty

Guys i never said as wiz and witch are now they teleport in and safely get out you need to read what i wrote.

I said wizard and witch can safely i-frame INTO a pack of people and drop their aoes on up to 10 people. 9 times out of 10 yes they die i never said they didn't.

What i said was IF they increase our damage scaling without making the damage more dependent on the amount of people wiz and witch hit with the skill would be to strong. They would potentially 1 shot large groups of people killing them instantly leaving no risk ( you don't die if everyone around you is dead from your aoes). IF the people they aoe'd did die from 1 or 2 hits wiz and witch have the ability to heal up to full health.

Also you need to remember wiz and witch classes have damage reducing super armors so things like magic shield and whale potions( the DR boost ones) cause us to be god tier tanky in combination. For us to pop these and teleport into a group of people especially with over 5-6k hp yes we can and do run the risk of being over powered if we 1 or 2 shot large groups of people in pvp.

Wizard and witch being able to 1 shot large packs of people and with our tool kit, heals, pa, magic shield ect would be to strong.

As i mentioned i myself have 5500 HP and 297 DP without caphra stones and i can and continue to safely engage and aoe in large groups of people including RBF against NW/siege guilds. To those who say you get grabbed while doing this, in the past like 200 rbf's i have been in i have been grabbed maybe once or twice. I have teleported dozens of times into players from territory occupying guilds that are in RBF and have not been grabbed. I do maybe half their HP and no i don't flat out kill them but i definitely cc the **** out of them and yes most times when i teleport in i die but i don't normally get grabbed. Your "top tier guilds don't let you teleport in and aoe" is BS, i have watched huntler, jackiefelix and other high end streamers teleport in and aoe successfully in on Saturday sieges so your comment is null and void and there is proof that it can and does happen in top tier guilds.

I'm not going to respond further as it's just common sense if you know how wiz witch works.

#38 LordCrusty, Oct 2, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  19. WhySoSeeryus

nhf, are u really gonna argue with "im 297 dp and i can kill people in rbf"?

rbf is fun diablolike content and its nothing like the situation in even t2 nodewars when big d1ck guilds come out to play.