1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Word from the Developers about PvE

Discussion in 'PvE' started by CM Praballo, Nov 6, 2019.

1. T800

What will not work in BDO?:
    • BDO doesn't have a holy trinity, so normal dungeons will not apply here.
    • BDO also doesn't have damage numbers and Gear Score Tiers, so DPS/Gear check dungeons will not work in BDO either.
    • Creating Multiply Dungeons also will not work, since in BDO content must be persistent, meaning it must be relevant even after 2 years.

What might work in BDO?
    • One dungeon consistent of multiply levels of difficulty - you can add new levels of difficulty( New Bosses, new mechanics, new maps) to the dungeon, with out the need to create new Dungeon from the scratch. (Like Fractals in GW2 ).
    • Shifting Mechanics each week. ( In the past WoW had a raid where mechanics of the fight were changing each week on a 4 week rotation - that was very refreshing, and made you want to do them each week, instead of finish it once and forget it ever existed).
    • Fewer NPC's, but with re-active mechanics. Meaning NPC that react to what your group is doing and not the opposite way around.
    • Player-NPC - meaning NPC that use same skill combination as Player classes.( This is something new i saw recently in the Conqueror's Blade game - where they introduced NPC that were identical to Player classes, with the same skill sets. They felt very real and different from the Zombie NPC that you normally see in the game.).

Fateneko likes this.
  2. Vorkrunne

^ This.

Scaling to the group instead of having us stress to gear in order to play with friends is so important.

You can't retain new players if they have to deal with the AWFUL enhancing system before they can enjoy the game with friends.

Social ties keep people playing MMORPGs.

BeastCK likes this.
  3. Vorkrunne

If they did away with the bidding system and gave us PERMANENT guild houses we could DECORATE, it would be amazing.

Éternel and Corsix like this.
  4. Vorkrunne

This is what has me worried.

Players are clamoring for dungeons, and they give us trash like Altar of Blood gear check </3

5. Midorika

Challenging group gameplay additions are always welcome by me. Thanks for adding The Altar of Blood and Shai, which encourage cooperative play. I look forward to more group PvE content. <3

6. Amirite

I see. Well I don't have much experience in the Sea content yet, I got stuck on some mission and it really eat up a lot of time sailing around lol.
    It's a shame tho, I seen some Korean video's with the new sea content and they had full boat's with guild members. It is still new, so I hope more will be "fixed" so it could be used more as a group and guild content. I really don't have the experience about the sea, it just what I have seen on video's and read in here. In game chat I do hear a lot players thinks is good, but can't really use that for anything.

Corsix likes this.
  7. Mineloks

So since the black desert world is thought to be developed holistically, an instantiated dungeon would make no sense. Since it's made this way, a maze-shaped dungeon is randomly generated without following a pattern, which has an opening and closing time to force players to come together to explore it before the time runs out. . And her big goal would be to kill the final boss, but for that to be discovered, we must first kill some mini boss. In addition riddles and clues for the final boss must appear during the activated time, either by drops or writing on the dungeon walls or even lost npcs within it. In addition to the boss and miniboss there will also be several simple or difficult mobs. This dungeon would be open to all players with great rewards forcing players into groups and guilds, with active pvp and hitkill mechanics for the bosses.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  8. FC-ARC | Bane_ks

FC-ARC | Bane_ks Ninja 60 EU

Why you simple don't add some guild workshop where all members can participate throught guild quest and by lifeskill/pve collect mats that need for specific craft that worth XY money for guild bank. Or anything similar that will fit into existing world of lifeskill/pve

Ofeamoten and Éternel like this.
  9. Autokratorkronos

I agree with you when farming with my friends back then as a party the way the party system works we cant be together its solo farming thats all one of my best friend quite said the game is boring if theres no group pve content

BeastCK and PeaceInChaos like this.
  10. Biinge

Hi BDO!! I think I speak for everybody - this is exactly what we want:

1) Some cool new places to explore! Even underground maybe. Big places to get lost in. Also you don't have a wintery snow place in the game yet, would be cool if you did.

2) New factions you can join and do quests to assassinate other players!! Like a bounty-hunter faction to kill players with low karma, and a evil faction to kill players who are farming!! And secret quests to advance!!

3) New foods like pizza should be in the game

4) More lands to explore!! Also Port Ratt should have more to do there!! And secret quests that only show up at certain times..

5) Territory wars!! Join one of the nations and fight members of the opposing nation out in the world for points and ranking!! Players who join Mediah are neutral.

6) A new card game you can play with other players! And collect cards.

7) Vampire faction!! Become a vampire and feed on other players.. but also you need to make nights a bit longer for that..

8) Monster invasions!!! At night sometimes the dead rise and try attacking towns!!

I will think of some more later. Thank you for the great game!!

#70 Biinge, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  11. Zycrus

Speak for yourself. But definitely not for me. Nor a lot of other people I know. This is bdo. Not twilight/yugioh/....
    Territory wars won’t work unless they fix reward system for Sieges and limit mercs. As for the other stuff. WTF what kind of rp are you into.... eating pizza in a underground maze while zombies attack you that turn you to a vampire that can only play during night time? Pls no

12. mad

mad Witch 61 EU

unless there is a massive revamp on mobs AI I don't see how a dungeon would be nice in this game.. the fights are so shallow it is criminal

Smileybones likes this.
  13. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

I like the idea but it has me worried a bit Because of a few points.

1. Would monsters scale to avarage ap of the group? If so, wont it be waay to hard for the lower ap and ezpz for the higher ap players in the group? Its not considered fun to be useless and being onepunchman is fun for a minute before its boring aswell.
    - a better option would be to scale player gear to the monsters instead.

2. How would reward be distributed? If everyone gets the same, its nice for the plebs, but it will be exploited hard by real money traders. Also the reward for the higher ap members would propably be low and thats not helping the funfactor either.
    - a solotion to this would be to scale reward based on gearscore.

3. My third concern is when will the gear be measured? In both previous options this will be importand as in, if the reward is based in the gear you whore on entry, it would be the most fair. Because if its not and the difficulty would still scale on entry, one could equip gear after entry to get ezpz mobs fpr high reward.
    -optionally the gear should be locked when inside, but this would be limiting multi-purpose builds with differen offhands for example...

14. Vorkrunne

ESO does scaling, and they do rewards based on player level.

As for your first point, that's what I meant. But you definitely did a much better job at phrasing it correctly.

15. Sandpit_

I worry that they think Altar of Blood is a dungeon.

Please please play some other MMOs to learn what a dungeon is, otherwise you will just deliver another massive disappointment. We wouldn;t want you to fail hard like Kratuga ruins again.

16. DynamicZ

Stepping into dungeons

Yes please! Bring some dungeons we can enter in groups... its so boring to run around alone on grindspots...
    This game has so much potential. I dont get that trouble about dungeons and instances. We already have AoB and that dead Rift stuff...

So there is already instanced stuff in that game. Why not bring more? Do you really think it will destroy the game? Ppl who dont like dungeons wont play them anyway.

I am an endgame player and I don't grind anymore because even watching my character cooking is more fun than grinding...

This game has nearly no social part, like interacting with other players (except your guildies), because there is no content.
    So please bring Dungeons/Instanced content that is worth doing it... If its not worth it, Ppl wont do it anyway (see AoB).

AoB was a good start, but there is so much potential for fun instances that people can enjoy in different lvls and gear...

Those dungeons dont have to be the classical **** with (tank, healer etc), since we dont have that class system anyway.

But it would be nice already so slash through alot of mobs with a group of people.

Please end that solo gamestyle! This game shouldnt be a single player game!

BeastCK, Vorkrunne and PeaceInChaos like this.
  17. CursedProphet

Hey peoples might just be me but i see a lot of people so engulfed by rage on here kinda sad just thought i would share my opinion also on the matter of pve and what not no need to be salty nor hate just my opinion <3

Do the developers have any plans to expand "immersive type content"?

i recall a time when i saw bdo a few years back and it was new and refreshing yes a fair bit of pay to win but EU/Na looked past it
    for the most part the one thing after all this time of playing bdo is realizing how alone you actually are on an mmo lol sounds miserable but
    but hear me out the only content you have in right now is not worth doing Group wise due to the handicaps and silly mechanics in place.
    For instance Savage rift... id personally remove this no one dose it why ? it's not worth nor is it fun
    Alter of blood is one of them yeah i did it once no need to do it ever again and as stated any form of group activity other than pvp
    is brutally washed down by little silly mechanics it's like you don't want people to play in groups ? now for as long as i recall
    that's one of the main thing any mmo should have you know you log on you learn and progress meet people have fun form friendships.
    On bdo at it's currant state it's just pure hate in chat followed by toxic behavior due to a company that sucked everyone's wallets dry and promise a good time look where it's at now well and then you announce crimson desert ? like cmon Bdo is a good game if you look past its bs and it has a fair amount of it i just think after all this time and the dedication to players even those who have quit now the least you could do is bring in some good pve content cause as stated whats in now its either not worth it or seriously handicapped in some shape or form i still like bdo of course combat and good looks only gets you so far pvp is brilliant but i find myself still needing group activity's cause from day one until you get gear and commit ones soul to bdo and give it everything only then will it seem like you have been slightly rewarded for what ? a pvp mess with still slight desync problems and other odd
    factors like i said just my opinion but the game seriously needs some pve stuff or just any group content without any handicaps in place.

Working together in a guild
    Do you recall when you first joined a guild on bdo and it was so exciting like meeting new people having fun doing stuff that was so non rewarding to the individual but still fun.
    IE Guild missions what a joke but it was still fun and the the scrolls guild stuff hey guys we going to meet here at this time and do these boss scrolls it was actually rather fun
    minus the shabby rewards but like thats just a thing of the past now you come online say hello ask what people are up to and grind spots/life skilling techniques then you just play solo
    unless you are in a heavy Node/siege guild whats the point ? yes it's that bad need to bring in guild content could be all sorts or better yet make it more rewarding get people doing this stuff again
    cause as it stands its pretty poop.

Stepping into dungeons
    this game needed dungs from the start that's just me my opinion the combat is so fun when you are killing mobs/elites and all gang bang a boss it's rather fun
    but you guys where so blinded by earning money you ended up with a pvp/solo game experience without even realizing the consequences in the long run

you could implement dungs so easily
    Have set gear and bring out new ones every so often But DO NOT use accessories cause that would fubar the market even more
    so yeah set gear that you cannot enchant < so it dose not make other basic gear useless that could have set effects and what not like more ap/dp More crit more damage to mobs ect heck some near soft cap just so people that like to blow up ones gear have a chance of still playing and as stated not aloud to enchant nor list on the market you can sell to a vendor maybe
    cause the people would grind them as for mobs could maybe drop trash loot but once you kill the mobs they don't respwan until you clear and come back in to stop these odd sites for bots/ other cheese fests.
    But yeah set gear i think would be nice around soft cap / just under to help people reward them heck even put in the cron stones you love giving out so much as rewards on top of other things at the end of the dung
    this is just my opinion no need for salt nor anything just been thinking about it a lot recently.

As for life skills DON'T Touch it you actually made it fun/rewarding but please do not touch life skilling or anything about it you got it right guys congrats.

As for PVE content / grind for silver its awful that needs some tweaking i think to be at the stage of life skilling like i said don't be annoyed just my opinion but i earn more money now life skilling in 1 hour than i did in like 5 hours grind sesh even with the new locations.
    from grinding its that good so yeah bring up the rewards of grinding again and maybe stop punishing group grinds/any group activity's and you may yet save bdo.

if this triggers anyone just my opinion everyone is entitled to one none the less sorry for the message if it seems a little all over the place i just genuinely care about bdo no matter how shitty it seems at times
    also keep in mind you have more players now playing with the mindset of is it efficient enough suddenly everyone's math has improved thanks to bdo good job. ;)

Hope to who ever reads this is well and thanks again for taking the time to read through this scroll written in accent language <3

#77 CursedProphet, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    PeaceInChaos likes this.
  18. Vorkrunne

^ This.

I'm simply going to double the chances that they read this.

19. JustSomeGuy

Thats all fine but why waste my pals and my time if you don't deliver a freaking PvE channel (or more, one will most likely be full in seconds).

Or is Crimson Desert supposed to become BDOs "PvE channel"? As it is on top with all the smurfing of chars on ships there is no incentive to jump in back full steam ahead in BDO. Ohh... shiny Guardian class... for what; play to 49 full stop or getting annoyed by some bored PvP channel rejects when trying to grind (which in itself is so tiresome in times that I do genuinely feel I'm doing something evil to my fellow players when I give up/log out on a grind zone when a level p0wnyourf4ce wants it for himself).

20. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Intro of PvE-only channel will be the ultimate death of this game, trust me. What you're really needing (a person who complains about open world PvP in an open world PvX game) is a fixed / revamped Karma system.