1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Word from the Developers about PvP

Discussion in 'PvP' started by CM Praballo, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Teekz

If this really happens, we will focus on making sure that the rewards are not the sole goal and purpose of this system. Instead, we will focus on making this system a fair competitive system, with emphasis on making "honor/fame" the main goal of the adventurers.

While I appreciate the sentiment here, rewards shouldn't be underwhelming. One of my favorite things about WoW PvP was actually being able to exclusively PvP for PvP gear. I push for gear to be stronger in PvP, and literally for that reason only. As neat is it is to clear monsters faster in the circles I do mindnumbingly, I would perfer a PvP outlet to be in the same ballpark of gains.

RBF giving silver was a good start, but I still think the rewards should be doubled. More modes of PvP backgrounds would be welcomed as well. There is support for PvP in BDO, I like ranked 1v1, 2v2 etc system, outlaw system, whatever PvP oriented system you give us, please, we want it.

2. Tristesse

They will, just like in KR, no worries!

3. Eganbur

yeah this looks really good. karma bombing is infuriating and takes the wind out of your sails because it's so incredibly anti-fun. finding a way to do this would be amazing. a ranked arena ladder also sounds like a fantastic idea - the black spirit league was very popular and bragging rights amongst the top players for who is the best/most gear carried people are would be very well recieved.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  4. ScarletBlade

1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc. matches and implementing a ranking system

yes yes yes pls. finally after so many years. focus more on kinda this stuff .

maybe also to change this hero system. at least cap it on siege for only 10 heros. that would be great.

Mana_Mafia and Distaken like this.
  5. noctred

noctred NA

Better late than never.

6. Vieilan

YES give us this 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 arena. I've been waiting for something like this for a long time.

I know some people are saying "don't add this fix class balance" but in reality, each class can outplay almost any other class in this game in a 1v1 setting if you know the class matchup.

Also, this would be good for class balance since we would have some real statistics on what classes are best in a few very small scale PVP scenarios

#26 Vieilan, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    Stealthe and noctred like this.
  7. NaasuOnFaya

Yes, Proper PvP Content is very much needed.
    1v1 2v2 3v3 even go for 5v5.
    Make it happen and players will come back for this.
    Its actual contant in mostly any kind of MMO or Sandbox.
    But not here, its a flaw, get it done guys!

8. UrxTyr

UrxTyr Musa 64 EU

Yes, please. This is beyond necessary, measuring yourself against others is incredibly important. Especially a ranked 3v3 is what would bring a lot of people i know back.

Concerning the full Outlaw-system, i am all in. Since there is a test server now, with the global labs, just add your old Vision to it, and let players test it. Its the easiest way to find faults. A Trader-Hunter-Thief/Outlaw system is desperately needed for the desert and would also make sense for guilds to seek out

9. ImDaTruth

Yes please

10. Schwarzhole

Yes, please add a Arena System for 1v1/2v2/3v3. The action combat system is one of the big features of this game and there is no real way to fight in a competitive enviroment currently. Preferebly with a gear caps like on Tier 1 NWs, just set higher to something like 253, 269 or 281 ap (with according DP ofc). This would enable us to use our actual characters which is a lot more prefereable than trial chars.

Zeljeznaa likes this.
  11. Mirtastic

Give RBF some love. The spawns are horrible, the same map has been used for years now, and of course there are the crashes that keep players from participating,

Assilma, Distaken and onaco like this.
  12. NaasuOnFaya

About RBF crashes they did something 6 months ago, and since then i haden't one crash.
    Have you played it recently ?

13. Straum

Hmmm, you lads where about uhh... two years two late with this post? You're just gonna give us the Karmabombing measure Korea has had for the last two years and give like, some small silver reward for the bandit system and call it content.

Good job though, I know I'm not playing a PvP game now! :D

14. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

I feel PA needs to take this in stages, put up a pull and interact with the community. Ask them what they see as a high priority for a revamp first and truly take your time at reworking PVP. As that is end game for alot of players to test their skills and hard work against other, wether that's 1v1 arenas or in large scale nodewars whatever the case is all we ask and best advice is to truly take the week or so to compile a list that the community wants then work on everything in stages. This can truly make or break bdo for alot of people if they rush through it and bandiad fix stuff.

Tristesse likes this.
  15. Tristesse

Add some cosmetics to it? like in other mmos, a glow on your weapon, or a special avatar,outfits, fun stuff...something to show off!
    The higher the ranking, the greater the reward/the better the cosmetics look.

Zeljeznaa and noctred like this.
  16. Tristesse

better late then sorry! now stop complaing and enjoy the moment! lets just hope they bring it out quick.

17. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Unlike the PvE one this actually has some solid statements in it.

Like PA finally acknowledges the existence of Karma bombing but not only that, they acknowledge that this is an .. lemme quote.. i love this part of the text: "advantage of the current system's weaknesses."
    Its a bit temperate but just the acknowledgement is a huge step in the right direction.

I can understand why PA doesnt like the idea of "classic" PvP modes. You guys wanna do your own thing and dont like to be compared to other MMOs. Being unique is probably your strongest selling point. But not doing stuff that works in other games doesnt mean you arent allowed to copy and adjust it for your needs. I have poured thousands of hours into 1v1 arenas in other games that had no incentive to go there whatsoever. So why did i do it? Because i liked it. My progress in those games was basically non existent but boy did i git gud. And i felt satisfaction at the end of the day. Time didnt feel wasted. On top of that gear didnt matter in most of those games (Blade and Soul, Dragon Nest) so i felt even less bad wasting my time PvPing. Im pretty sure im not the only one feeling this way so by god implement 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 arenas. Nobody will hate you for that, especially if it rewards you with nothing more but satisfaction. This will also help you balancing classes since you can immediately see which classes are too powerful in what scenarios and why. If you then also allow players to create replays of their matches and post them on social media or save them as clip it would be perfect.

#37 Ned Sheynji, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    Zeljeznaa, Fateneko and IWalkAlone like this.
  18. Lurien

Lurien Battleborn Tamer 62 EU

3v3 mode was mentioned I think in 2015 with Mediah update in KR (altinova arena was made for this) - canceled.
    Basically you prove BDO is game of nothing. Not pvp game but clearly not pve, so what? Only "true pve" content we get are weekly updates for pearl shop atm.

19. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

It was mentioned during their first "conference" (was just a GM note back in Apr 2015) with a release in May a month later. It was then later on replaced with Arena of Arsha.

20. ArteRefact

I would absolutely love this. It will definitely make me want to play way more and give me an actual incentive to want to gear up. It will also provide potential group content which we direly need. It will also give BDO more content to stream on twitch besides grinding and mass pvp, which would be a welcome change. I know lots of people who would start playing just for this.