1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Word from the Developers about PvP

Discussion in 'PvP' started by CM Praballo, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Blitzball

So , you need rewards to enjoy PVP ? What a joke.. True PVP players don't need rewards ( or Doom :) )

Anyway. I'm waiting in BA on Velia 4. Let's see if you can 20/0 me without your juicy whale gear :D

2. ALO

ALO

PPl are tired of adding new content before finish the old one last time was summer event that they promise pvp balance and new siege/territory wars, they mentioned that there is no point to add changes for siege or implement new system like territory wars if there is no good pvp balance which is right and here come that but ... but their vision for pvp balance is succession which till now is not fully released and is failing in terms of balance ... and will released for most class at best till the end of the year then they have to balance it.

Even PA understand that there is big need for balance but they develop too many things 2 console versions 1 mobile and 3 new games 2 from they and MMO too, which are a massive resource-hungry, so they work on PC version with pretty low number and is shown from all last patches that have crashes not fixed stuffs e.t.c they even needed like 1 month to fix 4 skills of Shai ...

All that PA promising will be for 2022 with that speed of updates so it is whatever, and no is not better to have pvp content for like 5 classes at max ... sure you play on of them

3. SUNWADEX

I MEAN CMON WE HAVE HAD THE SAME PVP ARENA SINCE THE BEGINING OF THE GAME.

THE PVP AT BOSS IS DEACTIVATED.
    THE PVP IN OPEN WORLD IS NONE.
    U WAIT FOR NODE TO PVP.
    At this point many people just log to get reward and to do nodes

THIS IS A PVE GAME BASED.
    THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GAME IN GRAPHICS OUT TO DATE.

AND IS RUINED BY ITS NON PVP POLICY
    THE DP OF THIS GAME ALSO SUCKS.

ITS A HIT FIRST ONE SHOT GAME AT END GAME.

4. Jetupper

I would love to see more focus on PvP content by the devs.

However, node wars and siege wars need a drastic rework before tackling ranked 1v1 2v2 3v3 etc. T1 node wars are great, T2-T4 are all over the place. There need to be less nodes in general, less T4 100 mans, placing on Siege should require a T3 or T4 node which would then lock you to only those nodes for the rest of the week (besides saturday) and with a limited amount of them available could create a good amount of competition between guilds looking to place for siege. Incentives should be a bit better to help account for cost of draughts/buffs/etc as current pay barely even covers that. T2s should be more focused on 30 man and 45 man fights for non-siege pvp guilds.

Anyway, changes are pretty needed for nodes right now. Snipes are super common because there are just far too many nodes with unrealistic member counts for the game currently. If they can make the nw/siege system better AND implement a solid 1v1/2v2/3v3 ranked system we would all be a lot happier I feel.

5. Factorial

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Almost 5k more views as of now. Kind of interesting to see the difference.

I am going out on a limb here and say these guys are hungry for something called PvP. Hey pearl abyss, you might wanna take a hint.

6. noctred

noctred NA

I play ranger. Not sure if that fits your narrative - probably not?

7. MatrixTime69

Please implement 1v1 2v2 3v3 with a ranked system with some rewards please!!! (Don’t make the rewards to good or we’ll have a shadow arena on our hands again) EVERYBODY WANTS THIS!

8. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Exactly. They call this balance. All these trash mechanics especially knocked down mechanics where they pin you down and you die in a combo because those combos also have knockdown mechanics. That trash needs to go.

SUNWADEX and † † † like this.
  9. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Better never than late. This will be DOA content for sure.

10. † † †

Talk is cheap, devs.

Zeljeznaa, rSick, JM and 1 other person like this.
  11. MechGorak

can't wait to see all those sorc and ninjas enjoying more half-assed content.

12. PhnixAngel

Upon High Demand and much needed agreement, buff the elf classes please. They need protection badly; Rangers and Dark Knights.
    -PLEASE

13. NextGenerations

One of the most important problems in siege is the CASTLES.
    In addition to the inhuman advantage they give.
    It completely loses the grace of the PVP, attacking a castle is completely BORED and unattractive.
    defending it is disgusting too.
    Until the castles are removed, the Siege sucks.

-------------------------------------------------------
    One of the solutions is to reduce the guilds to 60 or 70 people.
    100 vs100 is just a large group in collision. It totally lacks everything.
    you receive a cc from any side, you live on the floor, it is to enter to do as much damage as possible and dead or V.
    stinks.
    Some classes directly do absolutely nothing in such big fights.
    it would be very different in groups of 50 against 50, for example, where flotation would play a much more important role.
    the calls would be more organized and the server would resist people better.

Currently, what you spend on a siege is not returned even closely by the miserable payouts that one earns in bdo.

solutions:
    * REMOVE CASTLES MEDIAH/CALPHEON/VALENCIA. territories without castles the game becomes more fun.
    * Guilds 60/70 players.
    * more benefits for participating / winning in node / siege.
    * Remove so many nodes, leave few and more competitive.
    * Merges Balenos / Serendia In a single siege. (It is not so necessary, but I think that giving a better payout can help the guilds that are growing.)
    * remove heros at least in siege.

Once the massive one is solved, they think of ranked arena and stuff.
    but each time we are in a more individual game. Where the appeal is the massive.

14. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

cause the pve people are busy ingame, and dont have time to check the forum every hour...

Koshus, VerboAcido and Factorial like this.
  15. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 62

Fix your hitboxes before doing this. This is the first game that I've seen where what you see on the screen is not what you actually get.

Attacks that don't touch your character can still hit you since every attack is AOE with nebulous range. This is further exacerbated by you gutting the FG/SA in 2018's "pvp balance" patch.

Secondly, 1v1, 3v3 and mass PVP are completely different beasts. Are you going to balance your game around 1v1 now? I don't think you guys know what you want at this point...

Xairen and NextGenerations like this.
  16. Pepito UI_UX

a very good idea is something bdo lacks, such as caves with storytelling and mechanics, how to create aggregate items for fun in no game, why doing all day or doing life skills is very boring, some things seriously to have fun with my friends, or even a waking up secondary class or faction system, it would be wonderful to find another race to fall for even to get more money from another race's customs is something that works great on WOW or AION open mind PA

17. Mana_Mafia

No.

I don't believe PvP needs to give those kinds of rewards. Rewards should be exclusive weapon/armor skins, titles and pets only. No gear, items or silver.
    PvP is about fun and prestige not income generation.

Zeljeznaa and noctred like this.
  18. PhnixAngel

Ranger:
    Regeneration - add forward Guard
    Vine Knot - add Super Armor
    Charging Wind and Absolute Charging Wind - add Forward Guard on Cooldown
    Flow: Tempest - Add Super Armor
    Ignore adding damage, i'm fine with protection.

19. noctred

noctred NA

Agree.

A ton of people out there already don't do anything other than sit in BA, which makes them no silver and offers only fun. Make it official and add cosmetic/prestige rewards and I promise people will be all over it.

20. Pepito UI_UX

+ PVP, faction system with a new continent or taking advantage of a hidden area of the map, is a wonderful resource for finding another fighting faction, adding another awekened class. We want Dugeons with stories to do in groups or solo. It's very boring to grind all day or do life skill