1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Word from the Developers about PvP

Discussion in 'PvP' started by CM Praballo, Nov 6, 2019.

1. BDOISBROKEN

If my name doesn't say it all. Then i dont know what does.

2. RANGER MEME

first balance to classes

Ranger it's horrible

3. XykZ

Red Battlefield - Revamp

Since no more SA, just to check if PA has any plan to revamp the RBF as this is not fully fair and completed as a battle ground. Technically, there are many areas to be improved in RBF and easily can be promoted it which could motivate more players to join. For example, here are some the obvious things which could be updated.

Gears and Level, Team Matching Algorithm

Once go into the RBF, the gears and level should be standardized, as I've seen many RBF which unfairly match between the two Black and Red teams. Sometime, I see one person from the team easily solo the whole opponent team.. lol.. There's something serious to look into matching algorithm.

Leechers

AFK afew minutes will kick you out of RBF, but.. some players trying buff themselves or etc not to get kick by avoiding AFK timer starts counting. Those harm the team by taking a place in the team but do nothing helpful to assist the team. Those could be controlled by rewards. Still can keep AFK timer to kick out from battle, but to add more checking at the end of the battle - if no specific number of combat or certain amount of damage taken/given, there should be no rewards at all.

Spwan Point Killing

Penalty for killing at spwan point once you jump down. Currently, the NPC buff is 12 secs which is suppossed to help u abit, but actually, it doesn't help as we could still be knockdown, stiffness, etc, within that buff time. Hence, the buff duration of it could be longer to like 30 secs. And that area, once u just jumped down, should be the safe zone for the team to gather, as people anyhow jump down without waiting each others from the top.

Rewards

Current: Team Reward

To Be: Team Reward + Individual Reward

Team reward remain the same but Individual Reward could varies - factors to consider should be total damage given to opposition team, total kill counts, total points collected. Especially, total damage given should be the main contributing factor for individual rewards, to take into account for support roles as well.

Those sugggestions mentioned above are just stating the current facts and to make it fair for everyone. I saw some supermen which really strong and OP, yet their team lose even though they were the one contribute alot of winning points. And I've seen some support roles were bullied by KS-ers as well. Please add your suggestion here, if you have more. To be honest, personally, I don't see the current RBF is complete. Hence, I wonder if PA would revamp in future. Well, I do hope developer look into RBF.. let's see..

20 Minutes ago

Life2v and IWalkAlone like this.
  4. LORDZERG

You nailed it, all this must be fixed ASAP. but we all know how PA balance classes :D
    I will add one more thing I need some pvp map(s) with a capturing some bases destroying gates, climbing walls. Something like the "CS - castle siege" of Tera, one team is defending one team is attacking the castle, also there are flying balloons on 3 routes for a surprise attack. This should be 20v20 or maybe 10v10 fight and will be very good and engaging and you will not get bored ever. This RBF is so boring...
    That's just an idea, not to be exactly the same as in Tera.

5. Elsaxual

i personally think class balancing need to be change before any arena going to be added or else nothing will change, buff the weak classes and leave the strong ones along till they actually require it. of course it will never be perfect balance but at least make it better than it is now, i think air attack, down attack, and back attack need to be remove. As much as people like seeing big damage numbers, they make pvp end too fast. The problem i find with this game pvp is peal abyss for some reason so obsessed with AP and damages. Also make food buff and other buff unavailable in this new arena if going really going to add one, it just going to make matches end even faster.

6. Nbaird

You have created a server (Arsha) for those who want no restrictions or reputations. You have given us servers with Karma loss and some other restrictions. Why not make a server or convert one of the pre-existing servers to one with no open-world PvP, no guild declarations. You can then monitor the average populations and see what your player base really wants.

7. turikk

The game has a great stake in the ground as far as organic and natural PvP, but that doesn't mean we can completely ignore the benefits of "arena" PvP and a traditional battleground method. These are really fun parts of MMOs and Pearl Abyss is just being stubborn to ignore it.

I haven't played (or payed) in months other than fishing but I'd come back if I could do regular and accessible 2v2 with my friends.

I don't have high hopes as these systems always seem to be barely implemented and quickly forgotten. Arena of Arsha, Savage Rift, Shadow Arena, Red Battlefield, etc... you give players a sliver of what they asked for and then abandon it. If we do make changes, it would be good to see it be "iterative", and you listen to feedback on how to improve it. Historically, you have not done this or punted it to major changes months away where the original feedback was lost.

8. Factorial

I can't emphasize enough that you guys need to do anything and everything. At this point, you can't go wrong. Just keep adding stuff. If it doesn't work, worry about fixing it later (haha, seriously). The time for thinking, considering, or maybe-ing is pretty much over. Just act at this point. Add all the modes that people have been asking for and you won't do wrong.

The worse thing you guys could do right now is keep thinking and considering it when you should be doing.

Wrapped In Plastic likes this.
  9. Leedron

"However, if the adventurers really want it, we will seriously consider implementing 1v1, 2v2, 3v3...Instead, we will focus on making this system a fair competitive system, with emphasis on making "honor/fame" the main goal of the adventurers"

Yes please do that. I really want more PvP content and I even have a Guildmember who doesn't do PvP at all because he is waiting for a system like this with "1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and honor/fame".
    Don't consider too long, who will say no to a good PvP system?

10. R173YM0N

Send that **** bruuuhhh!!!

11. Koshus

I enjoy the game for the massive amount of things you can do, but do I want to be forced into pvp when I am taming horse, fk no.. The game as it is is on the edge of being too much pvp for the way I like to play. in fact I have to be in a certain mood to want to pvp in the first place.. when I do, I play games like tribes or battlefield. where there is more or less an even playing field.

I realize that a lot of PvP people love the thrill of being able to troll under-geared players because they can, after all they have spent the last 2000 hours building their characters up to that point, and their small body parts want to show off. And realistically, sure, thats fine, as long as I can play the game the way I want to as well. Let the pvpers go play with other pvpers and leave people like me alone for a change... Everybody has their own way they want to play.

PvP only servers are a good idea but to balance you have to have PvE only servers too. The vast majority of players looking for new games dont want PvP, they want to lifeskill, build a beautiful character with interesting outfits, decorate their houses and guild halls.. Play some other PAY to PLAY games and you will see for yourself. New players shouldnt need to be harassed by people because they are bored and end game came too early for them... There is a lot of money in "Cosmetics" for these kinds of things.

To the developers... If you think I am wrong about this, use your database and look at how many people join and stay vs how many people are gone after they get a taste of the regular servers for a month or so. Its not because the game is bad or they dont like it, most of them love it, love the graphics and the vast content but after getting trolled by pvpers, they quit. period. and it often only takes one or two instances because of other bad games they have played in the past, they know, or think they know what to expect and dont give it a chance. You have their email addresses, if you want validation, if they havent logged in for a few weeks or so, send them a survey that they can tell you themselves. Technology, who knew?

Now here is the big clincher. The first argument I see is people want to "DEFEND" or take their grinding spot which requires pvp and on a pve server that cant happen.. Well guess what, when you remove the ability for people to misbehave and act like they would in normal society... A strange thing happens. People start to group and share grind spots, they start to "PLAY TOGETHER" and not against each other. They start to make friends and socialize. etc.. its interesting.

However there is a potential problem with having that type of system... it gives people who have questionable morals a place to hide and such after they go on a binge of bad behavior. Which means that a PvE only server also has to have restrictions to prevent that..

If it were up to me i would set up a server group for PvP only and the current karma system is adequate (except it should be family wide as far as this goes), anyone with a negative karma (or below a certain point) is bound to this set of servers.
    I would then also have a bunch of servers as the rest are now where anyone of any karma level can play except those below a certain point.
    And then I would have a PvE only group of servers that would only allow access if your (Family) Karma was high enough.

12. Catastigma

Every part of the game would have a conflict on it. But completly impossible cause of the number of channel first.
    #Reduce the number of channel.

If you really want to offer something other than Themepark content.
    (Arena/BG is Themepark content)

Well be inspired by The Pre-hiram Archeage, where the economy and the pvp go together. Where big profits must come with risks and must be done with a social construction like a Guild.

Something that will never happen.

BDO has so much flaw in the whole of its design to have pvp qualify and fun.
    At this points release a new mmo. Because what needs to be done to revive a semblance of interest clearly exceeds your means.
    Almost everything is to throw and redo ... Classe,gear,map,horse...
    Even the engine must be heavly upgraded/fix, would be good if there was a semblance of physics.

But well I stop after this last paragraphe

It's not an outlaw system like you promised 4-5 years ago that will bring back those who are gone,
    The arenas will still be a completely ignored content of the populace, because even if there are rankings and medals kikoo, there is strictly no gain.
    The majority of pvp players do not pvp without carrot.

I will not answer any Quote. No need to give your opinion by quoting me. There is no discussion. I'm right, and so are you.

13. Vylence

yes definately instanced ranked 2v2s and 3v3s! That's the only thing that would me keep playing.

14. Rubio

First of all balance the classes in order to give all iframes, SA and to restore the balance based on the fact of the class.
    ES-1: Maehwa did more damage than the Muse as his damage was concentrated in a cone.
    ES-2: The tank classes cannot have a glass cannon damage in addition to the defense.
    It would be nice to break away from the origins of the game when the classes had clearly defined roles.

15. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Anyone actually believe these platitudes now that we know about Crimson Desert?

Factorial likes this.
  16. vos_corsac

I'm probably in the minority, but I would love a battlespace where horses were allowed. Though slightly nerfed in the last update, horse combat is still OP in node wars if you know what you're doing and have the right mount. It'd be nice for there to be a place to practice this outside of griefing people on the roads or engaging in duels. Anyway, just a thought. And it might not take off, but a battle arena server with mounted combat would be something that I would enjoy anyway. Maybe a slightly larger arena with a few large areas free of obstacles would be ideal. I don't know. But thanks for all the pvp content in general. I might not be good at it, and there are some days it makes me angry, but overall I love the open world pvp and karma system.

17. noctred

noctred NA

I'll save my speculation until after G-Star.

As of now, we know nothing about Crimson Desert aside from it being a game Pearl Abyss is in the process of developing. Whether it's meant to be a direct replacement for BDO, an extension to BDO, or just another game in the studio's catalog (which is normal for large studios) remains to be seen.

18. VurkWogs

The chances of them making any of these changes is directly related to how they can monetize it. Why else would they have stopped the balance changes started with the new CC rules before finishing them?

19. Zogre

GIVE US 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 Ranked Arenas!!!!!!!

20. TruDeath

To me it seems everyone wants to just kill anyone at anytime they feel like it, and there are people that " bully" and newer people can't grind or better themselves because they get chased off the spot or get killed. The reason I hear: "Not enough PvP servers!".. and I have been to Arsha alot, and it seems no one is there any anyway... So what is the solution? So there is both sides of this, do people really want to PvP, or do they just want all out just kill people to kill them..?.. I think people just want to kill other players... so what do you really want PA to do to be fair to all?