1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worker Time Exploit

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Dew, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Pavo

Like the publisher and Developer.

For once in their unprofessional lives they are STICKING to form.

At least that is something right they are doing lol!

2. Catastigma

nope pearls shop are not available for everyone, and objectivly pearls shop is not convenience.. is huge P2FAST. borderline p2w

Ahhzz likes this.
  3. iXinNeR

iXinNeR Ranger 62

"Available for everyone", what I meant was it being accessible for everyone, if you don't mind spending some cash for the game itself.

You said so yourself, "P2FAST", doing something faster is convenient for other people. Also, I do agree with you that is it at the borderline of P2W but not a 'cheat' like the exploit this thread is about.

4. Skinmissile

Skinmissile Skinmissile Witch 58 NA

IN OTHER NEWS.... How about we talk about this premature event I wasn't done collecting my black stones and magical tools.

NannaOgg, elynia01 and Kirkmaximus like this.
  5. Malnixis

Player perceived.....

Kakao to-do list:
    ~have less staff......
    ~have servers with bad access points and routing so they have lag....
    ~piss off player base repeatedly with Swift bad action plans with little research.....
    ~lose more touch with the player base......
    ~have kakao standard response time to problems that cause the game to be unplayable......

GIB ME KAMASLIVE NOW! :)
    FIX SERVERS NOW!

BEST thing to happen to this game would be to fix the channel issues

Kirkmaximus likes this.
  6. Lorthor

Okay to put everything together:

I did spend a LOT of time in this game as well as cash (over 1000 bucks) and I NEVER cheated in this (or any other multiplayer) games.. there was some problems when I came back 6 months ago but I was like: "Okay Im sure they are going to work on this" "Im sure it cant be that bad as people call it" and stuff like this... but after 6 months of playing the game and watching forums everyday I can see that everything is going into wrong direction.
    First of all I can barely see any comments from @GM's and @CM's in topics... u guys just read everything and dont even bother to explain stuff to us... is this so hard to talk with us? Do u really think why people are so toxic? U dont care about ur community. U CARE ONLY ABOUT OUR MONEY.
    Second. Its not first and not last exploit in this game... not to mention fishing bots and market bots that are killing whole market... lol... its hard to get any memory fragments and guess what? With them around its even harder... I cant progress well as well as other players while we see on chat all the time people making tet's and pen's... Im not saying all of them are exploiters/cheaters. But some or even many of them are (since u doesnt give us any information how we can know how many % of player database actually cheat? Is this that bad?)
    And last but just as important... kamasilvia was suppose to be relesed months ago... Its not like I really care about it but... hey. You were giving false information about it and then just tried to hide it instead of saying why u didnt released it back then... so yeah. Sorry brothers and sisters from community but I dont really see a point of spending a single penny on this game or even play it right now as it is. Ofc its my personal opinion but this guys doesnt care about you... I would actually say that they care about cheaters and exploiters more than you since they give them this free hand... And in the end they will ban... some of them. Just the ones that didnt invested anything in the game to make it look like they did the job... and in return cheaters can give more money to kakao. Good deal right?

Casper likes this.
  7. NeoAkropolis

LUL

#87 NeoAkropolis, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    elynia01 likes this.
  8. Atron

Jesus fuc_king Christ stop crying. This game is a complex program and of course it will have loop holes. This ain't the first one and bet your childish asses its not the last.

Blizzard ... huge mother fu_cker on game market launched Diablo3 with exact same bull crap, game timers linked to local PC system time.
    That is how first dupe in D3 was born when massive amounts of money was produced (you collected money from AH ... turned clock back and collected again).

World of Warcraft, again massive MMO, after 14 years still have massive bugs, there was a dupe bug, gold sellers had, that plummeted gold value to almost nothing and blizzard didn't patch it for nearly a year (they didn't know how to).

Blade and Soul, infested with clientless bots, gold spammers, 2 or 3 dupe bugs that were swept under rug, account hacking, skill hacks and list goes on and on.

Arch age, dupe after dupe even premium items ... i mean i won't even start with this game.

Final fantasy, same, bug when selling item to vendor, you changed value of how many items u have in inventory (memory edit - client sided only) and server just didn't check if the value was correct so you produced hundreds of millions in a second.

Is it fair to you? No.
    Can you continue gaming? Sure you can ... you were all happy 1 week ago when u didn't know about the exploit.

Wait till Kakao patch it out, ban some people and stop stressing about it.

Lichtspiel, Casty, Allyisah and 3 others like this.
  9. chasidrill

bad side of it: you were killed because of desync between game and server
    good side: now your worker finished packing crates while you miserabily died

10. Nenomi

I'm starting to think BDO isn't so much a game as it is an experiment to see how stupid and gullible MMO players are.

Casper likes this.
  11. Casper

Casper Cas Sorceress 60 NA

While I'm here, i would like to point out that if i get banned for changing my PC clock (although it was unrelated to this exploit, but may have unintentionally used the exploit without my knowledge), then it is on you, GM Dew. Sorry.

Why?

Because THIS is why i changed my PC clock: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/88921-psa-there-is-a-fix-for-the-journal/&page=2

Many hundreds of other players also used this 'quick fix' to get our Journal to work.
    I had to do a quick fix to my in-game Journel, because YOU stated that this bug would be fixed with Valencia, and you failed to deliver.

If this bug was fixed when you said it would be, then i would not have needed to change my PC clock.

I love this game, and i love the staff members, i really do... And i appreciate everything you do for us...

But its disappointing when players like myself have supported this game for SO LONG, yet we have had to put up with no end of errors and bugs in this game. Not to mention it takes 3 times longer to fix something in this game, than any other MMO I've ever played. But I'm still here. And many others are too. That should at LEAST mean something...

And everytime something like this gets dumped on all of us legitimate players, we simply ask for your help or just a little bit of reassurance, and we get complete silence.

Why? Why can't you just answer a few of us, to let us know we'll be okay? Or at least, we'll be okay in these circumstances. Just SOMETHING to stop us worrying.
    Alot of players here, like myself, suffer from anxiety. And we play BDO to take our mind off things... And this REALLY doesn't help. It makes it worse. I have never played an online game before, that has made me worry as much as BDO has.

PLEASE at least give us 1 answer, or 1 small piece of information so we know where we stand.
    :(

12. Hilligan

Hilligan Escanor Guardian 62 EU

Cheat = Ban; bot = BAn; Exploit Bug = BAN; No difference between player; (I bought the 1st pack 100€) and I have to respect rules. No respect rules = ban.

Regards

13. Casper

But there is a difference between 'Exploiting' a bug, and 'Using' a bug.

If someone intentionally uses it, they are exploiting.
    If someone unintentionally uses it, they are not exploiting.

But it depends on the fine line between what the company considers 'Exploiting' or not - This is what many players, including myself, are asking about.

NannaOgg likes this.
  14. Ursac

The line is simple.

If you used it once, probably you are good.
    If you used it, seen that it worked and continue, you are exploiting.
    This is not a normal exploit (only trigger with ingame actions), it requires a clear action of the user. More than 1 or 2 uses of this should be a permanent ban for me.

MegosCaptian and Casper like this.
  15. Casper

I totally agree...

But this still brings other scenarios into question.
    If this exploit has been around for a year (for example), then it would not be surprising if someone unintentionally used it more than once.
    For example, moving to a country in a different timezone. OR going on a holiday and logging in there in a different timezone. OR doing a PC update that effects your clock. OR hardware failure, resulting in your time being incorrect after each restart, until hardware is replaced.

This is such a mess of a problem.

But i totally agree, players who intentionally used this, and then abused this, should definitely be banned.

16. Peisinoe

I would imagine they are looking at repeated receipts of mats/silver (if investment banks) over a short period of time (an hour or two) which are far in excess of those that would have been received following standard worker times. One or two uses a year (when the clocks change) is not really a consistent or frequent enough pattern to cause concern.

Casper likes this.
  17. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

Still ongoing....

I wish i had time to waste like these hardocre dudes, so i get away for free and ful PEN & sh*ts.

18. kakodaimonos

This is just sad...

19. scRzorz

Your player base expects these playes to be banned.

20. NannaOgg

Or some windows program changing system time (only by a few ms per time but anyways) I am not so techy so I can know which program does this it's in some system log and does not say. And it prolly shows in their logs too.