1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working hard in this game is USELESS, be average and enjoy easy mode.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by crosspath, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crosspath

Yesterday i was 432 CPs and this is the story about how Pearl Abyss scammed me 31 CPs. Today I am still 432 CPs.

To get this extra 32 CPs I used 50505 cp items per CP

32 x 50505= 1616160 items that I traded.

Under today's changes:

400-425 cost 17513 CPs per point
    425-450 cost 26246 CPs per point
    450-XXX cost 47169 CPs per point

So going 425 would cost me 437825 items, 425 to 450 would cost me 656150, but this is not all, I would have a total of 522185 CP items remaining, that would take me to 461 CPS.

What is the key of this message? This company can basically turn all your effort and time spent and delete it any time they want, grinding to level 65? What for? In a couple of months 65 can be reached in hours questing if they decide so...

Be average, do not work hard, enjoy the free **** and laugh about "special" (stupid) people like me. Working hard in a videogame... Definitely stupid...

PS: Those numbers of CP items are numbers we got from KR version, high chance we got CP dumbed in the same amount. Enjoy your free CP and don't forget to exploit cooking as much as you can as CP is basically FREE now.

PS2: Black, you probably are even angrier than me, rip that base 450CPs, this is the second time they scam us and this time is BIG. Funny that I can get 1 CP a day under these new rules... Ofc not going over 450 and wait for the next dumbing down. Fool me once, fool me twice, F the system.

#1 crosspath, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    Phoenixxx75, Vanraven, Joungf and 2 others like this.
  2. Catastigma

Not for nothing that I am heavly against mechanic catch up and that they are more harmful for the important player base.
    But stay calm
    Its remains less annoying than the other mmorpg which destroys absolutely all your progress every 4 months.
    It will be even more casual once the Seasonnal character arrives.
    Thousands of people who will land with characters at 580 from GS in a few weeks(month?).

Long live democracy and its dictatorship.

Casualuation is a badfor any game. But good for pockets.

TucoRamires, Thugarin, Souda and 3 others like this.
  3. crosspath

The point is that giving me my CP does not hinder anyone's progression, does not make me able to kill anyone, nor destroy economy, it is a plain targeted SCAM against hard working players.

4. Catastigma

i completly understand and CP would be retroactive for respect about Veteran player.

Buts its agains Casualisation mentality greatly spread in the industry cause of Blizzard with World of Warshit. blame the millions of players who accept this type of practice because its advantages those that don't play. Aka the majority, the real dictator.

Lefteye likes this.
  5. Hemuk

CP.png

We've always known this isnt retroactive, when you chose to keep going after the hard cap, you made a proactive decision to benefit from those CP while the rest of us hoarded our dishes and could not benefit from the CP until almost 2 years later.

You got to use and enjoy those extra CP all this time, now we get to enjoy ours, there's no scam, take responsability for your own decisions.

6. crosspath

You saved that crap amount after 2 years? xDDDDDDD

Keep bartering man xDDDDDDDD

Woaa xD

My message is still clear, don't work hard guys, it is like this guy speaking so much, one day, we will be able to get bartering level in one fourth of the time he is spending... He is laughing about me, but he is actually the same kind of clown as I am.

Enjoy your laughter this time, later will be my turn.

PS: PA take note of what people make in order to circumvent your scams, next time delete CP items on storage for more laughs xD

o0ABC0o and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  7. RandomHajile

loool that pic. Good onya.

8. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

well, more cp people have, less slots to deliver imperial, if u think about it :)

magret likes this.
  9. Hemuk

Well, I've been busy with other ventures like full TET manos accessories and 1950 mining mastery to care much about investing time on a system I knew I was already softcapped (402CP), and I'm not laughing at anything, I'm just saying we knew the rules, there's been CP caps raises in the past, it's never been retroactive and there's pros and cons to turning in dishes after hard cap, you have 0 grounds to complain.

10. crosspath

If developers were normal and clever people they would NERF cooking, not send it to the EXPLOIT status as they are doing.

Basically at my 432 CPs I can get a CP a day cooking 10 hours while I watch series...

Someone in KR is very incompetent.

Enjoy your free CP. And remember, don't go over 450 cause it is dumb.

11. crosspath

I have also 1950 gathering and full TET manos, as well... Can go 2050 just with a Pen tool.

We knew no rules, and we did not knew they would make CP gains basically x3 than yesterday's. Please, don't treat me like a fool.

CP was not retroactive ONCE, don't talk like this is something happening every week, please.

They could have easily taken a different decision this time, and you know it, all your statements are based on nothing, you know that they could change the rules anytime and they have done it MULTIPLE times, so don't talk like CP gains not being retroactive was a rule written on TOS.

You should actually be worried about this, and not defending it, as it will definitely bite your ass someday.

Enjoy the ton of extra CPs you got basically for free by waiting for this sucker punch.

This is the playstyle Pearl Abyss is promoting, keeping CP items hostage cause you will profit later due to developer incompetence, definitely showing that developer is doing things properly... Does not sound exploit-ish at all, definitely not... (It is not an exploit, ofc, but you know what you are doing, right?)

Meanwhile I get punished by playing the game normally and using the CP items, does anyone else see something strange?

You do not use CP items = Future profit
    You use CP items = short term profit, but future loss.

Healthy game planning we have here!!! Congratulations!!!

#11 crosspath, Mar 11, 2020
  12. Ashaara

I don't get it xD Are you angry? Are you entitled to your effort? Are you jealous, because normal people can finally reach what you already have? Are you dissapointed, because now you are not the 1% anymore? I seriously don't get this. Its like reading Forum posts from the Sheriff of Nottingham that got robbed by Robin rofl.

Wodahs likes this.
  13. crosspath

The question is "Are you entitled to my CP without doing nothing, dear?"

#13 crosspath, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2020
  14. Tokigare

Tokigare XxSassyxX Shai NA

I would have rather have seen changes to the way CP exp is given. So maybe x3 for the first 200, x2 from 200-300, then back to todays current exp rates from 301 and up. That way your helping newer players, but not just flat out invalidating others time/effort.

Phoenixxx75 and crosspath like this.
  15. LightningFFXIII-4

What's next? When PA suddenly raises the enhancing levels from +20 to +35 and made getting PEN as easy as getting a +15 right now, your gonna make a thread when that happens too? lol.

It's called Catch Up Mechanics. I'm glad PA did this i hope they do it on other areas of progression as well.

Not like 450 CP is going to get you billions of silver anyways. Speedhackers and Guild Payouts will always be better.

Wodahs likes this.
  16. crosspath

A catch up mechanic cause we PvP with CP right?You know that they could buff you while respecting my effort easily right? But I bet you prefer it this way cause you are in the non effort team...

LUL...

Me having more CP than you cause I invested hundred of hours is so unfair, you deserve getting it for free, I see m8.

Phoenixxx75 and Fearless V like this.
  17. magret

you've use those 32CP all that time, and now you're ahead to still have more CP to use than anybody. i don't get what your grip is again.
    it's a game, and it's a game with no cap, meaning the soft caps will always move. Ranger have skills that unlock at 90 or so, it was never a secret that it'll be possible to go there eventually. That's gonna take a lot of caps shifting over a long time. Same with CP

You want to go head front through cap walls and grind and grind and grind, so great you had the satistfaction to be ahead, still have, still will have. (Closing the gap doesn't mean going farther)

Other people want to get the most lazy efficiency and level up mediocrily several characters skills for energy management, grind different dailies for other ressources once they hit a soft cap, maybe play something else lightly too...

choices. Now topic after topic you seem to feel uncomfortable with the choices you make. It's not a game problem. It's not the devs who can reassess what you need from a game today, especially if it's different of what you needed when you started.
    You major problem here is that if you stop being patient and tenacious to stay ahead all you did was for nothing. You've prisonned yourself. The sky won't fall if you just get out of this loop. And you can justify it for yourself by just changing your goals.

You've shown you could be tenacious for 4 years. good we all know now. Challenge complete. find another one.

Wodahs, Reverielle and Ashaara like this.
  18. Boink

Progression in S.Korea had slow down that most players are not actively playing anymore. They released their quarter earnings and it shows a drastic slow down of revenue in S.Korea. That's probably the reason why they are increasing gains at high levels of CP, Energy, Gearscore etc. To try and influence their players base in S.Korea to start playing again.

This includes new grinding areas, new gear benchmarks like the Blackstar Armor (which they gave away TRI Boss gear coming soon in NA) and well new CP changes.

Like look we got Ash Forest and no one is out there except maybe in Arsha. We have 2 more upcoming new areas to grind on that most players in NA will never step into.

A lot of players in S.Korea will get affected by these changes and motivate themselves to start playing again. In NA/EU respectively probably only a few gets affected some in your case negatively.

19. crosspath

Yeah, this is why I am telling that they want MEDIOCRE LAZY PLAYERS, and that this is the way of playing, I agree with you.

This time i will save all the CP after I reach 450 and go 500 the first day next time they raise the cap for plebs.

Definitely this is the way of playing. Very healthy BTW.

In less than a month i will be 450 btw, would be 20 days but busy reaching 5k barters right now... CP earning is such a joke now...

20. magret

it's not about what they want, it's about what you want.
    mediocre lazy is the smart choice here. if t was a choice at all.
    you've chosen cooking for the laziest approach too. Now you feel that you could have done differently because "handing over items", you can put numbers on it. What about people who quested to 400+

i dare you to have fun.
    if you enjoy doing that much cooking, great keep you items and show them next time. But dont lock yourself in there again, or you'll have to hold on your items forever becasue after the next change, there will be another.

#20 magret, Mar 11, 2020
    Wodahs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.