1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working hard in this game is USELESS, be average and enjoy easy mode.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by crosspath, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crosspath

I quested 400+, I was second 400 EU/NA, don't come here and talk to me from a higher position, brah.

I just went up 8 cps since mastery, my cp is HARD WORK. Got it?

Just another entitled guy more happy to get easy mode and happy that other got nerfed without having to be.

I repeat, I did not cook since I reached 400 basically, last month I powerleveled cooking and got 8 cps, my cp is a constant gain thing, not a cooking 24h a day thing.

If you think that keeping cp items cause of this stupidity is a healthy thing for the game, congratulations. This is what you are promoting with your defense of this abusive system.

And don't know why, but I am sure that your comment would be different if you were in my position...

#21 crosspath, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  2. BraveHeart

One of the reasons I stopped playing EVE was because of the new introduced catch up mechanics. As a fairly new player in BDO I don't want catch up mechanics either. I am absolutely fine with playing for a few years till I have a competitive character. I am even fine with it if I never fully catch up as thats not the reason why I play the game in the first place.

TucoRamires and Vortexii like this.
  3. crosspath

The point is that they could have given catch up mechanics while respecting hard working players effort very easily.

Pointless. All is pointless, this is the message being conveyed. Be mediocre.

VasilisD likes this.
  4. zhagsten

Thanks to your efforts, you were there first and, I hope, you took advantage of your lead. Advantage that will not suddenly disappear btw. They aren't giving out CP, you still have to do something about it.

And if you are so hard on working in a video game, you should understand depreciation expense.

Now as a serious business gamer, remember not to fall into the concorde fallacy. You still have a choice on what you do now. You're not obliged to pursue your goal of CP increase to justify anything. At a meta level, you can also stop playing the game. It's the occasion for you to re-evaluate your time investment and make new plans.

magret and Ashaara like this.
  5. woots

You will then not be more happy in BDO, between all the give away, and the heavy cash shop p2w "catch up", so the seasonal thing, and not even speaking about the constant powercreep,
    + with CDO around the corner ( there is a CBT this year already )

Unless you choose to fully play that game as a SP game to play without nothing so with the slowest "progression" possible

6. crosspath

Nah I understand that from Meritocracy we are going towards Mediocricracy. Have seen multiple capable people being destroyed by useless piece of **** coworkers and bosses cause they were incompetent and no one should be better than them.

Not trying to make the same analogy in this case cause this is a shitty game, but you know what I mean. At the end the company is the one losing, but who cares, it is only about our feelings, right?

7. magret

if that what you take from my post, great keep it on. geez. I'll just ignore your posts and leave you to your hamster wheel.

BDOMONSTER likes this.
  8. crosspath

Have fun, I don't come to these forums to entertain you, feel free to ignore me if that is what you wish.

Good day.

9. Boink

I watch some Korean streams and some of them been playing for so long and still not at 350 CP ranges. A lot of them will appreciate it... some hardcore CP players will get frustrated by it.

10. Paric

I mean i get it why you are pissed off about it but does it honestly suprise you its been like that in most MMOs always, its just a part of the catchup mehanics and applies to everything silver earning, lvling, lifeskills etc... As more time passes the caps keep moving to make it possibile for newcomers to catch up to veterans. It just the way it is if you expected anything else you were living in delusion.
    My personal opinion about any MMO is that its never worth it push past certain caps because gains after them are to minimal and to slow to be worth the effort, especialy since most of the time by the time you reach em or shortly afterwards the cap will move anyway. In the end this is just a game which you should play for enjoyment and do whatever you fell like doing.
    In the end MMO games need catch up mehanics otherwise after a couple of years it makes 0 sence for anyone new to start playing them.

Fearless V likes this.
  11. crosspath

I am pissed but I accepted it, I am just trying to avoid other people making my mistake and by that telling them how to exploit the system and get 500 cps first day next time they raise the cap.

CP was very easy to level up already, such aggressive change was not needed at all, cooking right now is at EXPLOIT level. If i were 400 CPs I can get now 2 CPs a day, from 425 1 full CP a day cooking while I watch series.

This is the situation right now, this is not a catch up, this is a total hand out of CP.

And believe me, I am not unhappy about you getting an easier time, actually is good, but ****ing me at the same time for no reason is what I can not agree with. And what people seems to be happy about.

12. RainnellLynnMitarius

You should stop playing MMO's in general, most of them are all becoming like this. FFXIV does just the same as they always introduce new gear to make the previous irrelevant or not BiS. Same for any other mmo's that gradually make things easier for people to catch up faster. I mean? We can talk about how it took weeks if not months to lvl up from 56 to 61 at one point. Which now? You can just braindead it from 1 to 60 with sub-par gear.

MMO's aren't for hard work, it's for you to dip in and give it what you can when you can. If you push too hard? You will get burned, and especially when you realize that you did it all for nothing. Society, in general, doesn't have as much time to give to video games, besides a few hours a day. That is? With work, family, kids, and all other reasons why someone can't sit in front of a computer for 4 to 8 hours per day. It's the same thing as the whole drama about making easy modes for games that are known for being extremely hard and time-consuming. People got no time, ppl don't want to take the time. They want entertainment, fast, easy, to just numb at the pain that is living in this Sh*t society.

You should try something that values hard work! That gives you rewards on how much you achieve/play the game, that isn't just going to be erased with a change. Dark souls being just one of few examples, but It's not hard to find something that will give you enough to do, and that will value the time you put in. But don't expect that from an MMO...

No one should expect an MMO to demand hard work for anything, because they want easy happy customers. Happy and easy to enjoy all the content available and as quickly as possible. If you want to go higher? They won't stop you---just don't look back when you see that it didn't matter in the end.

13. zhagsten

From the beginning, the game has created gaps between players by the impact of recursive randomness, and soon enough by the impact of real life money input. It's never really been a meritocracy. That may be because Korean players don't want it, I don't know, I let you interpret the marketing strategies. Maybe it's a more cynical reason, like the players who like to rely on luck rather than merit are an easier target for predatory business practices. So in the end, I'm pretty sure the company is winning, not losing. You are losing.

Now you'll know. Take this game more lightly I guess.

14. crosspath

By the way, BlackXXIII was over 450 cps till yesterday, today one guy will go 458 just with over 1 million hoarded items...

Totally hard work and he must be proud of exploiting the system like a god, good job Pearl Abyss.

Thanks for the hard work Black, your efforts were appreciated.

If you do a Hall of Fame, please don't add a CP chart next year cause now it is a travesty.

#34 crosspath, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  15. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

You work hard for momentary gains over other players which gives an advantage at the time. Welcome to all games ever where the bar moves every few years.

Fearless V likes this.
  16. Factorial

Every MMO that I have played so far gets easier with time. Is this your first MMORPG?

Reverielle, magret and Fearless V like this.
  17. Menor

I understand correctly that anybody who doesnt play 16hours per day is MEDIOCRE and LAZY. Yes?

18. Korvgubben

Well they could have made the change so that ppl got to keep the exp they had aquired rather than just changing the caps. They did exactly that with the farming skill a while back.

If a straight exchange would have been "to much" for some reason they could have made old exp count as 90/80/70 % or whatever they see fit. We kinda did get that but like 0,1% or something like it. I got less than 1/3 CP at 400 from the change.

19. BDOMONSTER

Honestly you people will cry about EVERYTHING. Me I just did like 500 quests in the last week I got ripped off too I guess? OH well who cares the game changes and you will still benefit more from the changes down the road. What I just made my pen kzarka and they release the BLACKSTAR??? OMG I GOT RIPPED OFF if I would known i would saved all my stuff and just make a blackstar? You see stop whining these game change.

Me I read about this cp change over a year ago and I been saiving every CP increase item since then sitting at lower than I know I could be cp waiting for the day this patch note arrived. I lose too because I could have been enjoying the benifit of increased cp this entire time I was waiting? Oh well I get over it move on its not a big deal, because I know MMORPG games are constantly changing. Easier to level now, easier to make money now, easier to make CP now who cares play the game quit crying about silly things. Its like you sit on pins and needles waiting for every patch note to find that one thing you can whine about.

20. Jabolexor

Working hard in game is oxymoron - right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.