1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working hard in this game is USELESS, be average and enjoy easy mode.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by crosspath, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crosspath

You are whining about someone crying...

#41 crosspath, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2020
  2. Hemuk

You are absolutely blinded by saltiness, my arguments are based on facts, provable, repeated history that we've seen time and again, I'm telling you X has alway been X and your rebutle is "BUT THEY COULD CHANGE X TO BE Y AT ANY POINT" that's as far as a nonagument can get.

There has been CP cap raises before and we know how they work, they have never been retroactive so you knew what you were doing when you turned all those dishes and now your only argument is "well, I hope this time it would be different".

#42 Hemuk, Mar 11, 2020
    Ambrotosia and magret like this.
  3. crosspath

One CP raise, one.

Even if you reach 600 CPs not an ounce of respect will be given after today's change, the only one I would keep respecting would be if BlackXXIII reached the amount, all the rest, took a shortcut. CP amount is a meme now.

#43 crosspath, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Paric

Again not be rude in essence all these so called achivments ingame are meme anyway(highest cp, highest lvl, most cash etc...) this is an mmo without an competitive esports scene so anything you achive inhere is more or less irrelevant and as everyone else is saying it not like they did it any dfferent with past changes eather(not talking about cp spacificly here, also xp caps moving etc... people never got those retroactivly) Basicly in pretty much any MMO it has always been like that, which is why most people usualy dont bother pushing past current relativly easely achivable cap, because they know all the time and effort put into pushing past that point will get invalidated down the line anyway.

5. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

Every reasonable and or logical thinking person knows this. It goes even more so in a game where other players can force themselves on you with their years old progression.

To simply put it. If not for catch-up mechanics MMOs would live shorter lives than singleplayer games. Because new players would simply not play because there is no chance for them to catch-up or complete with those who have been playing longer or since release.

BDO at this point is just trying to gain new player traction to replace the old players leaving and or quiting. Catchup mechanics is what keep MMOs from dying short deaths.

Precisely, Korean MMOs are known for taking a dump all over gamers hard work with either RNG or IRL cash shop mechanics. If you are looking for MMOs that value hardwork to a degree. Then Korean MMOs should be the last place in gaming you look.

It's clear to see Koreans don't value hard work in games, like westerners do. We have decades of data to back that claim up.

Time and time again successful MMOs prove this to be true to the letter. Those that didn't for whatever reasons just go barren within a matter of a couple years or less.

6. crosspath

Catch up mechanics should not allow people get 70 cps at once.

I repeat, 70 cps at once just saving some items.

Also catch up mechanics are something to take new players to average player level, not to take it over people that spent 3 years working on CP, yeah I am saying over not to the same level.

We were 3-5 people per server at the 225-250 bracket, now cp requirement is halved, HALVED, catch up mechanic to overcome number one CP player on the server? What a load of BS.

This is not a catch up mechanic this is a joke...

#46 crosspath, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  7. Fearless V

Well while they are catching up to you. You can either push past your current and supersede them again, or hang it up. They still have to put in some effort to catch you. More so if they didn't prepare for it like most.

8. crosspath

Man, today several people have passed me at 432 CPs, PASSED me, with one third of effort.

This is not a catch up mechanic, this is a crime, the murder of the CP system.

Exploit cooking while you can, legal exploit brought to you by Pearl Abyss.

9. Fearless V

MMOs more so Korean MMOs are all about exploiting. If you don't exploit than you are simply not a competitive players in these types of MMOs.

I'm just wondering, how did you convince yourself BDO even attempts to value any gamers hardwork with it's cash shop oriented RNG progression system. I'm sorry to say, but in my mind you are barking against the wrong thing.

onaco and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  10. Korvgubben

I mentioned the farming skill as an example of ppl getting a retrocative skill increase once the update hit. I gained several master lvls from that and a guru farmer in the guild jumped up to guru 20 something iirc.

PA could have made this cp change in a similar manner if they wanted to.

Phoenixxx75 and crosspath like this.
  11. crosspath

They did not do this with trading, poor Biohack and others. They were scammed hard as well.

Surely guys here would talk about trading catch up mechanics cause they deserve them xDDDDDD

12. magret

things should never change, it's so unfair when others have it easier

kids 2 centuries ago
    [​IMG]
    adults today
    [​IMG]

13. crosspath

Man in case you did not perceive it, this change is like changing combat xp and making us able to go level 67 in 3 weeks grinding right now...

Seems that you all are not aware of the extent of the cooking cp buff... Just in case i will powerlevel hard to 450 asap, too OP, probably will be nerfed soon.

But here you are talking BS about something you don't even comprehend... Like 50% of the people in this topic.

14. magret

you've invested and taken the income of these points till today, not the other people.
    each ressource in time or other you spent into a soft cap it's ressource you do not spend being more efficient somewhere else. you know it, everybody knows it. It was beneficial for your screwed up narcissism to do it anyway. now suck it up.
    Being decently smart is rewarding in a game more than being a stuborn ass. Champaign.

other than that, 1st world problem.
    ridiculous.

Fearless V likes this.
  15. crosspath

Won't feed the troll anymore, not worth a single second more, you are just a sore loser unable to get even CPs xD

Welcome to the clown box.

16. magret

eerf, also, don't forget to insult people who likely pay the taxes that allow you to be such a whinner in all of your posts.

17. Vortexii

The main problem with this issue is that it's often poorly handled and not properly planned out from developers. The amounts are to extreme and it always results in a lot of dissatisfaction and players feeling it's unfair. It sounds like Lineage II is going through the same thing with a recent exp change to boost players.

People didn't seem to complain as much about the recent trash values being increased. All the grinding time you spent in these areas essentially had the same effect as the CP. You didn't gain as much.

The clear answer is to be very careful with planned out minor progressive changes. This type of mechanic is nearly mandatory especially when you have new players vs several year veterans.

Overall, most of BDO's equipment has maintained it's value for quite a long time. If you had PEN 2 years ago, it was pretty strong end game gear. If you have it today, you might want to pop a few Caphra on it, but it's still strong end game gear.

18. Korvgubben

Surely there could have been a compromise between the minimal compensation that was given out and 100% cp exp being applied to the new rates?

Its also not quite just to say that OP has had the benefit of 31 extra cp for 2 years since those would have been aquired gradually over the time period.

Other than that I just generally agree with the sentiment that piling stuff in your WH waiting for updates (while being instructed by the Korean servers and not having to even speculate much yourself) isnt very satisfying gameplay.

The bite marks on my old snes controller reminds me of what kind of adult I am today on the inside though ^^

19. Vortexii

You should be aware they did exactly that to leveling. Much worse in fact, and they will continue to do it.

Lets also not forget a mass exodus was caused when they started releasing Pay2Win options and those players with the highest rankings quickly saw all their efforts and rankings destroyed.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  20. magret

maybe the error was to readjust the life XP while introducing masteries. They didnt do it sooner when they changed other XP gains like hunting and have just created a new form of entitlement.
    what next, combat XP?
    the irony too, last mega whine thread of OP was about how it was too hard now to catch up to those who made it guru farming before the energy wine changes. So what? we do respect others for having worked hard before us or we don't?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.