1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Working hard in this game is USELESS, be average and enjoy easy mode.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by crosspath, Mar 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tokigare

Tokigare XxSassyxX Shai NA

One thing for certain is, it shows us how competitive people are and how we covet the achievements we get, despite opinions about how we get there and whether it should be easier or harder to get there. There will always be those who feel cheated or deflated or look at new players as getting things easier, thats just human nature, no matter if its a Korean MMO or not. It is what it is I guess.

Reverielle likes this.
  2. crosspath

I am totally into making things easier for new players, but anyone seeing the rates I showed in my opening post would see that the buff is too much and up to too high level, they made catch-up mechanics that can easily pass the guys with most CP.

Getting 75% easier to reach 400 would be a fair thing, and make it harder after that, but reducing by 75% the cost of going 400 to 425 when only 100 guys or less are in those levels of CP is a total insult to their efforts.

Then things like people hoarding cp items and jumping from 400 to 460 happen, and surely all the hypocrites in this topic applaud this exploitation of the system while are happy to see people that worked hard for years get nothing cause THEY USED ITEMS MEANT TO BE USED.

Basically, these people are, just crap people and /or mere exploiters.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  3. Xellabel

Xellabel Fullgrizzly Warrior 62 EU

Welcome to BDO.

Fearless V likes this.
  4. Claydough

+1 well said

if i had a penny for everytime people gave the advice of hoarding after 400cp for this reason then i’d be very rich

another thing to add is cp values are not a competitive aspect of the game. Lifeskill levels, char levels ect ect are all publicly show and even award icons to the highest, cp values are all hidden and only there as a resource for you to gain and consume as you require them

cp scaling is somthing that is inevitable, as they add more nodes, they must allow easier softcaps, this kinda thing doesnt exist for the other examples like char level

think back to pre kama when i had 350 cp and was struggling to even use them, and now with 400 i still have to make compromises on what i spend on

i can already tell you’re gonna keep spending cp then cry next year when they do the same thing after afew new content upgrades

#64 Claydough, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2020
  5. Tokigare

Tokigare XxSassyxX Shai NA

I agree, in a way, that's why I said (in my previous post) if they had thought about it they would have tiered the xp gain, making it easir to get to 200, then 300 and then back to normal for 400 and above.
    But PA decided to do it this way. It sucks because players with high CP will feel short changed, but then again, they are trying to push ppl into higher gear brackets (free gear), or boosting exp rates (combat and life skills, whether events or normal rates being changed), CP exp rates etc. to encourage ppl to come back or to help casuals or new players, get further, quicker.
    They're kinda damned if they do, damned if they don't at this point. The game does need to retain its players and help new players stick around, I'm not sure they are doing it the right way but they are doing things to address these issues (right or wrong).

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  6. crosspath

You realize that the system of hoarding cp items would not be working basically in any other game, isn't it?

Only works here, cause, we are dealing with incompetent developers.

If you did not know now you know, any other publisher or developer probably would not keep a system allowing someone getting 60 cps in a day at the equivalent cost of 300000 quests done.

Everybody knows that cp items are to be hoarded, not used. Same with caphras, and any other item... Ah no, only cp items cause you hope to be able to exploit the system later on, keep dreaming if you think this is not an exploit.

7. Claydough

look at you acting like you’re the hardest working player in bdo with your cp count LOL

Honestly having a cp that high is almost a badge of shame on how to waste time making no gains in bdo

LMAO

8. crosspath

As I said, crap people and exploiters xD

Tell me about your accomplishments next decade when you accomplish something.

9. MelancholyMeditation

I understand your feeling. I could imagine if I were you i would also be very dissappointed that they don't give any compensation or reallocate cp according to the new cp exp table.
    I am shocked that in this thread most people are approving what BDO has done... Even though it is normal that every MMORPG raises softcap years by years, all the efforts have been done before should be appreciated instead of being mocked... Sad to see the community here like this

10. LeCordonBleu

Softcaps get moved up all the time and not only in BDO but in all MMORPGs. Nobody robbed you. Don't go past softcap if you're going to be feeling sore in the ass everytime the game gets updated and the ceiling gets elevated.

#70 LeCordonBleu, Mar 11, 2020
  11. magret

it's funny this idea that the people who were at 400 CP with millions of hoarded CP items to pass in front of OP did that just today with no effort over time.
    they did that effort too and they were smarter or patient enough to delay their reward, so they should stay behind ? wtf.

#71 magret, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  12. MelancholyMeditation

?

13. Khondo

I am only 406 contribution but I do still feel a little annoyed with this change. But I can understand why they did not backdate the change. Oh well, going to be a little easier now to get to 450.

14. Vortexii

The only value to levels, CP, gear, Guru, Boats, everything is how much work is put into them.
    If you used an editor to create whatever items and stats you wanted, it would all be meaningless.

So yes, naturally those people should covet, respect, what they earned. It's no different than a Trophy or Oscar. It needs to have value behind it, or it's meaningless also.

15. crosspath

A little? At your 406, it's just 1/4th of yesterday's price, after 425 still half the cost...

If that it is a little for you... And we are talking about end game amounts of CPs.

#75 crosspath, Mar 11, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  16. Vortexii

Exp Gains are probably over 10,000% higher than release.

Grinding is over 10-20x higher.

The fishing changes where massive. (Colored loot options).

It's been this way for nearly every aspect of the game.

17. crosspath

Are you comparing Grinding or combat with CP? Do my CP affect you in any way? Can I kill you with my CP level?

You are comparing lemons to missiles...

Fishing? What? We got orange fishes that nearly don't drop, and people keep doing hotspots after 2 years that is mediocre silver nowadays... So much change...

18. Vortexii

No, you are going down the wrong path trying to make it all about you. It's actually very problematic. You want others to care about "your CP" and not care about their XP gains.

What makes your effort worth something and theirs not. You should think twice about that and not take that route. And YES CP can KILL others. I make quite a lot of silver from my CP. A nasty amount over the years which is not the majority of my wealth, but a large help in getting end game gear.

19. crosspath

"CP can KILL others" thank you, never read anything more stupid than this in these forums ever before.

And cause I worked harder than you I must be punished, I see, should I get my guru 33 gathering also deleted cause it is not fair? How about PA deletes my tet manos set cause I make more silver a day than you? Seriously...

#79 crosspath, Mar 12, 2020
  20. Hypotermia

It wont be 580 GS. Also its only for one char plus new players

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.