1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Boss/Events spawn schedule - Updated on 06/11/2019

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, May 31, 2018.

1. Denthors

the instructions should be I N G A M E , and not on the forum, at the very least when we open the launcher you can pop a survey there. NOT ON THE FORUM where only 0.1% of the player base come.

if you pop a survey right when we open the launcher or when we enter the game you get 100% of the population attention to the matter.

YOU DO NOT HIDE IT ON THE FORUM ON A OBSCURE POST

asking us to go fill a shady google survey

that not how professionals do it.

am not going to lie to you. our feedback and our ides are not taken seriously because you guys and all the CM AND GM you 're not taking your job seriously.

because no joke, the Community management of this game is the worst I have seen in my 30 years of mmo gaming.

the way you handle the patch, the information that is given to us about upcoming content. your support, and the way you act in game with the communities is EXTREMELY LACKING compared to lets say ALL othere publisher that have the right to publish BDO.

LET ME GIVE YOU AN EXAMPLE

this is the reward Korea had for making a movie in the shadow arena
    Sans titre.png

an RTX 2080ti

and this is the reward we have for making a movie in the shadow arena

Sans titre.jpg

a Sharp Black Crystal Shard bundle : 3

#241 Denthors, Jan 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  2. Starseeker

Starseeker Mystic 58 NA

I appreciate your efforts in trying to corral the community, but IMO this survey did not get to the heart of what the problem is here which is simply Garmoths time slots should be varied not all in one slot (for both NA and EU). It simply asked in a wonky unclear way what time you would like him to spawn. I thought it only allowed one answer, so I answered Sunday because that time is good. The "set up your own boss schedule" was not very intuitive to me, it mostly just asked me what days I want things to spawn at on what times, and well ok every thing every time?

Why does a vote of the community on this forum even mater (which I'm not sure it does), when the easiest solution to make everyone happy is:
    A. increase the number of times he spawns per week
    B. put those spawn times at varried times throughout the week/day
    C. don't make him spawn with other bosses.

DONE. It really didn't matter "when" those other varied time slots were, as long as one week day is good for PST and one week day is good for EST which would also make it good for CST.

Also, having a survey buried in a forum somewhere, is not that clear or good. There were plenty of good suggestions on this thread, including my own, that would have made most of the player base happy, by staggering the spawn times to be more reasonable (see Offin tet as a fair example). Instead, people on the east coast STILL get screwed because ok it's not 1am it's 11:15pm, anyone who works, is still logging off before then.

However, at this point, the ship has sailed for me, I am done trying to find reason in the boss spawn schedule. 90% of the many MMOs I've played since 2001, have in game surveys for this kind of thing, usually by mail. 90% of the MMOs i've played also try to promote new content by having it spawn more often than not new content, however this is not the case on both counts for BDO. And frankly I think a lot of NA people have lost interested at this point in Garmoth, because his spawn time sucks, the fight is frustrating, he doesn't die, and his loot table is mediocre at best.

Denthors, Andaro and TankFu like this.
  3. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

@Starseeker You bring up some very valid points. I don't quite like the format the survey is in...even on the backend, the aggregation is not as friendly. I plan on correcting this, and revising that "tool" soon...(tis on the to-do-list).

There were some additional changes to Garmoth specifically that also did roll out due to positive discussions, that feedback would be appreciated on. (1) Damage dealt to WB's being increased by 25% and (2) the HP of the Towers at Garmoth being reduced, and (3) the new time changes, and (4) he no longer shares a spawn slot with other bosses

TankFu likes this.
  4. TankFu

Garmoth actually died Sunday and tonight. Its close each time but its apparent the changes has made a difference!

Many players (as usual with gamers) still find something to complain about which is the loot drop. While the big items are the heart and pet, i do some what agree that the amount could get a slight boost to ensure attendance continues. (Typically just a few black stones and maybe a cron or two) wheras vell can drop100m gold bar alongside the vell heart.

All in all great changes so far so thank you!

5. Cascaden

CM Yukimura

How much feedback does Kakao and PA need to understand that 2 out of 3 of the current Garmoth spawn times are terrible for a majority of their player-base? And how many more months till we can get an actual adjustment to spawn times? Feels like feedback is just ignored.

6. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

Hello Cascaden,

We asked and collected all your feedback and shared it with the developers since December. The new spawn times are changed and live already. Currently, there are no plans to move the node wars in a different slot, we hope you understand that the feedback has been gathered and listened about this topic for more than 1 month and have been finally applied. :)

Thank you for your precious collaboration.

Cascaden likes this.
  7. Cascaden

My Mistake. I do see the adjusted times there now. Thanks for listening and communicating feedback to PA and thanks for the response here. I do remember part of the feedback being not just times for WB spawns but also frequency. Doesn't seems like that was changed at this time. I do remember a resounding YES from the player base when it came to increasing the number of Garmoth spawns a week. (Possibly even Vell) I guess we will need to remain patient in the hopes of something like that in the future. Have a good one. :)

8. DarkRaven90

Neu event boss EU

10.00 i'm at work
    17.00 i'm at work
    23.15 i'm sleep because work next day
    Only weekend i can do this boss

The same **** like the halloween witch.

Why nobody cares what players say? @CM Yukimura

9. TankFu

Can you please make the quest repeatable for Garmoth knowledge? Completionist here and really don't understand why we can repeat getting knowledge on other bosses except this one.

Also adding knowledge attainment for Vell would be cool too :P

10. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

Due to the special requirement for Bartali's Adventures log, a new slot for Quint / Muraka has been added in order to make it more accessible.
    • NA: Wednesday; 21.15 PST
    • EU: Wednesday; 23.15 CET
    Enjoy the new quests and special rewards!

CarL, RealXared, Cascaden and 3 others like this.
  11. Taj

Taj Shai 61 EU

Good move, we have quite a few people in our guild that are unable to play doing Saturdays.

Is this permanent by the way, or a temp. thing?

#251 Taj, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2019
  12. Cascaden

Would be great to also see this done to Vell. Having a weekday slot for Vell would be nice. Some people work weekends.

13. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

This is a permanent addition as the Adventure of Bartali is a permanent content as well. :)

Jannanomana and Taj like this.
  14. Taj

Taj Shai 61 EU

Great, thank you.

15. Kortoa

Does having Muraka/Quint spawn twice a week mean we will lose crystals upon death to them?

16. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Great change! Thank you. I can do Saturdays so its appreciated that the change was made for those that cant..... could it be a little earlier though. Maybe 7:15 PST. That would translate to 10:15 EST. Past midnight is a bit rough. Would love to be able to do it twice a week.

Either way Ill live if i cant... great change!

17. Catastigma

Please CM... use GMT....

18. Jaeger

Didnt notice that we can lose crystalls xD

19. Teknoman2

we dont

20. Escanaba

Nice

#260 Escanaba, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019