1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Bosses need a reason to attend

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by easay9, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Just because you like to do that doesnt mean everybody else likes to do it. And this thread is about how to make world bosses more attended. So you have to factor in all the casuals and lazy idiots.

2. zhagsten

Yeah but teleports are unlikely if they hold to the original design. And balloon/griffon transports seem to indicate that they're not ready to teleport players around the world. Guild call stays an exception.

3. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Why.jpg
    Kutum vs DT - red circle is afk leachers - as you can see amount leachers on Kutum double amount of ppl who attack boss, vs DT where there is like 30 ppl hitting boss and only ~3 leachers.
    Why Kutum doesn't die ? zzz

MMoNoob and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  4. easay9

you shouldn't be able to just use a boss alt......

every boss I have done recently does not die unless at the last second everyone teleports in that actually has AP you can tell the difference when your not the only person over 230AP hitting a boss.

boss alts are part of the problem why bosses do not die. and I think they need to teleport players to the bosses if they want geared players to show up to them or they need to give incentive's to them to come as well as removing losing gems on death.

the boss alt crap needs to go at this point. the new player experience for bosses right now sucks and its do to everyone running under geared boss alts that cannot kill the boss thus he despawns and while your still given drops ( you shouldn't be) all these new players are left questioning wtf where did the boss go.?

The system is currently screwed and they need to fix it!

Inertia likes this.
  5. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

Boss alts are fine.
    Check the double karanda/kzarka spawn.Kill karanda with alt and swap to your kzarka alt and see how many alts log in at the same time as you. And then pay attention to how few run from karanda to kzarka.

Nouver was dieing with like 95% alts.

The problem is not the alts, it is people not participating.

I agree though that the experience for new players sucks

6. Inertia

Please provide a single good reason why no to teleports?

Ill stop you right there, there isnt one.

Factorial and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  7. Boink

My boss alt is a 237 AP with TET KUTUM. LOL

The real problem is that World Bosses and Field Bosses hasn't changed with "junk" items compare to what your main gear have access to. So most players that reach 261+ don't even use their mains and park it on their respective grinding spot (more likely Hystria, Aakman, Underwater)

Yes teleporting or decreasing the overall HP of World Bosses is the best way. Don't blame it on players who use boss alts because they are the most practical means on technically getting around.

The loot discrepancy is also the issue. Since I started on Steam two years ago, the loot hasn't change but the overall HP increase. Of course you can argue well there is Belongings Of An Adventurer or Blackstar Mats. They are rare and it's not enough to compensate the required HP to deal with these bosses.

8. easay9

Im just saying most boss alts are like 180-200AP your an exception it seems xD

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  9. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

Because
    1) thats my personal opinion and this is a discussion forum
    2) they advertised the game in a begining as one without teleports and dungeons.
    3) I should had stopped you right there.

Smileybones likes this.
  10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

My main only has 220 ap and I would guess there are many newer players like me who may have even lower ap. I got lucky with three of the tri accessories from the event when I first started the game.
    I gave up on field bosses already because there were only two people besides me attend the few I tried. However I noticed a lot more people at kzarka the last two times than any time I went before.
    I would really like a teleport to boss mechanic as I am still questing with my main and feel it takes too long for me to get to the boss fight so it would be dead already or close to despawn,

11. Zev

Zev Striker 61 NA

World bosses need pvp enabled again

12. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

No

MMoNoob likes this.
  13. Boink

They had World bosses prior to Steam release and the average AP was at that region. The real problem is when they made it global HP not knowing that NA have issues regarding World Boss participation primarily Kutum & Nouver. When we actually train these bosses.

So when they expanded the HP pool. I personally have not seen Kutum and Nouver die

Regarding my alt I try to be helpful, I sometimes bring my main gear but it is just NOT enough with the huge HP buff. NA region wise.

14. zhagsten

I like how you discuss with yourself and win arguments. It's the smart way.

Smileybones likes this.
  15. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Indeed and I'm glad they're sticking to this original design. If I wanted teleports and dungeons I'd play WoW or one of its bazillion clones.

Additionally, we already have several teleports, they just require to plan ahead and to be social, but I'm afraid it's too much asking for many players.

16. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

Disagree. This would mean the already decent to highly geared players get the best loot every time and the newer (lower geared) players who actually need the gear/loot far more, get cucked out of the better loot. I think damage to bosses should be based on the number of hits they receive and not the amount of ap said players have. This way every one of every build and level of gear has equal chances to gain items dropped from bosses.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  17. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 63 EU

Mmmhhh...Kzarka and Karanda maybe. I went to Nouver recently when it spawned at the same time as kzarka and for the first 5 minutes I was completely on my own. Even after kzarka died we were merely 5 or 6 people there.
    So I don't think the black star is a pull for most people to do world bosses. It is a high end weapon, most people won't even have the gear to get it or enhance it since most are way below 260AP.
    So yeah, world bosses and field bosses (and the night vendor) need to be redone.

MMoNoob and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  18. Factorial

Dungeons have come out and are continuing to coming out. Balloon travel is out. Teleport scrolls are a thing. Horses travel at warp speed which will continue to increase. The game changes. It's not stagnant. Change happens.

Besides your opinion, you are invalid.

You disagree with the truth. Loot table opens up to a damage threshold. Do trash damage and you get trash loot. Stop bringing sub par AP alts to bosses. Wasting your own time.

#58 Factorial, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Inertia likes this.
  19. Angar

Angar Angar Archer 61 EU

-We still dont have dungeons.
    -Teleport scrolls send you to the closest town, not to a place of your choosing AND back to where you were before.
    In the one case of archeologists map that you can teleport to the closest town and back to where you came from, a time investment of at least 4 months is needed and is not free for all.

I support meaningful changes and help towards both new and old players.
    But not anything that will make us another generic wow-like rpg.

Smileybones likes this.
  20. Factorial

You can go ahead and argue facts until you turn blue, but facts remain. Savage Rift is a dungeon, Altar of Blood is around that corner. By the definition of an instance, RBF is an instance or PVP dungeon. Hell, even Archer started off with a dungeon. Scrolls = fast travel.

Your ignorance is vincible. As such, rise above it.

BDO is getting better and better because of all these little changes that make it so much more eclectic. Stay tuned, it's becoming even more diverse every day. All the things that you and your kind are so terrified of are coming to BDO, making it great again.