1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst PvP ever I seen in games.

Discussion in 'PvP' started by MindaugasR, Oct 12, 2019.

1. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

also don't forgot about those the gear carried players that if a fight lasts too long, they will be complaining that they can't kill you :)

2. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

...lingering iframe? unlimited iframes? Do you know anything about tamer, you don't appear to. Also, neither of those has anything to do with what I said or changes it. Explain how you can outskill someone while being unable to move, while you are killed in the process? Why anyone defends such a poorly balanced PvP system is yikes.

I can't even imagine a fight lasting 10 minutes in Black Desert Online, it would have to be between the worst two players in the entire game who aren't even facing each other during the fight in order not to CC each long enough to be able to kill one another, or it's between two people with the intention of not actually killing each other.

Fights lasting 5 seconds are bad, it's one of the many reasons the system fails and should be changed to promote actual skill-based fighting.

...this is exactly who not to listen to when building a decent PvP system.

It sounds like this person doesn't want to PvP at all, but rather play Dynasty Warriors instead.

#22 flukeSG2, Oct 14, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  3. GamePois0n

no, the devs should not listen to players like you, tree climb is lingering iframe rmb if it hits to cancel out. i like when some of these tamers coming out saying the class is weak, yikes, when lowkey the class is a power house

and here, fights dont last 5seconds if both parties know what the hell they are doing

4. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

No, the developers should not listen to players who insist on fights lasting a few seconds. If you want a single-player game where you can mow down opponents, Dynasty Warriors is the game for you.

Do you even understand how tree climb works? The class is weak, I love it when players who've died to a tamer immediately think the class is a powerhouse, yikes, that's embarrassing! Almost as bad as being killed by a shai.

Your video you linked, LOL! Did you even watch it? I'm only 1 minute 18 seconds in and the ninja died almost instantly after being CC'd by the sorc? Hello? Where's your skill there? LOL! I mean the first 45 seconds alone was them almost constantly being at a distance from each other iframing all over the place, that's not a fight, that's the prelude to a fight...which when it finally happens only lasts 5 seconds as I said. You're only proving my point with the video, so thanks for that.

Edit: I'm 2 minutes 25 seconds in, the ninja has died 3 times now all in the span of 5 seconds while being CC'd and unable to attack back.

5. Taeshien

You must not have played many PVP MMOs, this is a constant factor in all of them. In progression/gear based games its whoever hits first, Guild Wars, WoW, Aion, EQ, DAOC, plus all the FPS MMOs

6. GamePois0n

obvious if you gonna go for ap build you gonna pop if you are caught in 1 cc, but the actual fights were longer than 5seconds, you can't die if you are never caught

if you want something like surviving 1 cc then feel free to build more dp and become a cc bot that does no damage

all the players during that fight were 280ap+
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/dgauyf/finally_hit_450_dp_today/

if you don't want to die, build more dp
    if you want to do damage, build more ap
    if you want to do damage and don't want to die, well, play 50 hours a day and become the most geared player on the server, if you are full pen with orkinrad and sicil, with at least c15 armors and weapons, you can't be killed in 1 combo and you will be able to do enough damage to kill just about anybody outside of maybe 5 similarly players.

the developers gave the options, do damage or a cc bot, don't complain if you went for squishy dps build when u die, because you made that choice.

#26 GamePois0n, Oct 14, 2019
    Smileybones likes this.
  7. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I find it troubling you don't see the problem with any of what you wrote, when I see that as the entire problem in itself.

Life2v and Findubar like this.
  8. GamePois0n

from what I understand of your post, I guess you understand where I am coming from.

I don't see the problem with what I wrote because I spent enough time playing the game to not have any of those issues, gear in this game solves just about everything except class balance, even then having mad level gear allows you to play some trash class and still doing decent in node/siege

so many people on the forum and reddit, complains every single day, but the long and short of it is that they want better gear but don't want to put in the time to do the tedious parts of the game.

here is the thing, if they make 300dp tanky, 450+dp players will literally become unkillable gods, right now only a specific extreme expensive build can take them down and the cost of that build is way more than what dp stackers have spent on their gear.

#28 GamePois0n, Oct 14, 2019
  9. KajdanKi

KajdanKi Kajdanki Lahn 63 EU

Seems like you dont know how Forwsrd Guard or Super Armor works. When you learn it, you'll see difference.

Oh btw RBF is full of archers wizards etc so you get knockeddown every single time if you dont use FG or SA most of the time

GamePois0n likes this.
  10. GamePois0n

with how he complains, he doesn't have the gear to enjoy rbf in the first place :)

11. Hajiarux

12. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

dont change thew game because you dont understand it. if you lie down the first 5 seconds as an iframe class you are the problem not the game.

13. TIT/\N

i think it transcends reality at that point like a time machine hidden under all our noses

14. Rügenwalder Pommersche

idk my fights usually go around 30 secs to 2 mins when fighting equally skilled players

i hate the argument "u die to fast" when ppl are not using their defensiv skills properly
    the skill based combat ppl are searching for is right infront of them but they rather blame it on dying to fast and oneshotting etc.

dont get cc´d and u wont die in under 10 secs if u are not fighting someone 100 gs above u

15. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I have no issues understanding the game and recognizing a terrible PvP system. Just look at the videos that have been linked and tell me that's not a problem, getting CC'd and you die inside 5 seconds. You can't possibly count iframing around each other for 10 minutes without touching each other as part of the fight. The fight starts when you hit each other and the first person to land a CC shouldn't be automatically in most cases declared the winner, there's no chance to fight back. If you don't see that as a problem I just don't know what to say to you.

I don't disagree with anything you wrote.

Personally, I'd love to see a test version of this game that was bare-bones in PvP, like no CC, no iframes, no ap/dp bonuses and actually build upon that. Maybe they started that way, that's so long ago now it's impossible to tell with all the things we've had added on top now. Nothing is remotely balanced anymore.

GamePois0n likes this.
  16. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

Sheet DP barely matters. I can still onecombo or take 80+% of people with above 400 or even 440 DP(depending on class), just because they do not have PEN armor. If their high sheet DP is purely attained by accessories with barely any hidden stats they just do not get tanky. On the other hand there are people with like just 370 or 380 DP, but full PEN armor, that are pretty much unkilable for me. I would need like 3, 4 or 5 combos to kill them with 283 AP on my Valk.
    While they run around with like 270 AP and 370+DP. They can still kill me on my just 324DP fairly easy. But without PEN armor you just will not achieve that, so I can not change much about it until I get it myself.
    Im only wondering now if two people like that face each other, what are they going to do? I mean, I can not kill him through his selfsustain, how are those people going to kill each other when they do not have 280+ AP, but just the 269 bracket or one above to get that much DP?

17. noctred

noctred NA

I think having a fight be decided by the first cc is okay *if* a player is required to perform an extended and complex combo to kill their opponent, with room for error. Kinda like what BnS used to be - you could 100-0 people in cc chains but the required combos were long and not easy to maintain, for the most part.

Currently in BDO, this is sort of possible in a few situations - a) two players with extreme gear levels fighting each other, b) two players with no gear fighting each other, and c) a player fighting another player with a large defensive advantage. I say "sort of possible" because you aren't really performing an extended combo as much as several mini combos, unless downsmashes happen. The problem arises with average gear, which is where the majority of players exist - and at average gear levels, TTK is too low imo. There's no need for real combos, it's typically 2-3 skills and dead.

"Just get full caphras'd PENs and you'll be fine" is not a good answer for reasons I shouldn't have to explain to any veteran of this game.

#37 noctred, Oct 15, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  18. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

the issue is that you make yourself a judge for everyone. but that does not work. if you dont like this kind of pvp go play soemthing else. im here because i cant stand the boring stalemate in games like WoW anymore.
    do you judge CS:GO a bad shooter because you die on one headshot? is it a bad shooter then?
    and i can count the part with iframing around as a part of the fight since it is the fight. as soon as you get hit by a CC, you loose. that makes the pvp very unforgiving and hard. the only problem is the class unbalance. because sorc or tamer have more iframes and ccs than the rest of the classes.
    or in short, you are not the voice of a godness, if you dont like the gameplay then go.

19. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Aren't you being a judge yourself here? Saying I'm not allowed to dislike the PvP in this game and ask for better balance? Telling me I should go play another game simply because you've adapted to a badly broken system?

Even your description of whether or not you count the running around before blows are exchanged, the fact that you admit whoever lands the first CC wins, it's ridiculous. What kind of fight is that where you can't even exchange blows properly? It's a bad one. You obviously see the same problem I do, because you admit there is a problem with class unbalance, but a big yikes on comparing sorc to tamer. Sorry, tamer doesn't have that many iframes and the ones we have are easy to interrupt. I don't like how PvP has mutated into the form it's currently in, which is nothing like what PvP was at the beginning of the game. It was much better back then and I'd like to see a return to it and I know I'm not alone in that thought and I don't have to leave simply because I want that change. Why does it bother you so much? You seem to adapt to everything, you'll just adapt again, everyone will be happy.

Life2v, Factorial and Findubar like this.
  20. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

dont turn around my words. i dont come here and cry for an other gameplay. i just say there are games that fits your antique understanding of pvp. and you are the only one judging as it was a bad dish.
    its a tactical hardcore system after all. not a standing over trading skills. the cc normally kills you, the intense fight beforehand is the essence of the pvp system. there also gearbuild to avoid that kind of gameplay. full dp builds. only useful if you play them like full dp builds.
    i can do 10 minutes fights with an even worse class. so dont tell me about your personall git gud issues.
    not that it is a complete timewaste to try to punch any kind of intelligence into your empty head, but how i am suddenly the one that needs to adapt?