1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst ui update

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by dohgoh, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Ganymede Sicard

to be honest i LOVE it. the npc and quest interface is much cleaner, less invasive and clearer. also the esc menu is much better IMO.

Hajiarux likes this.
  2. Yukizawa

Yukizawa Witch 60 EU

Personally, I find the menu very sterile, with the colors rather reminding me of ****.

This is very chunky.
    The edges are too smooth.
    The design is too modern for this period. It would be more appropriate in a scifi or cyberpunk setting.
    It has been wasted a lot of space.

It is only half implemented. If I only put half of my work to my boss and say, "That's the beginning," he'd kick me out.

Personally, I am currently not investing any money. Anyone who does not like the new UI design should think, in my opinion, whether he continues to support the game financially and with presence.

I liked the remastered menu, where you could customize the ESC menu to your needs. Why you deleted the option is completely incomprehensible to me.

And if I look at the console UI like that, it gets even worse, especially in terms of the UI profile and inventory.

Incidentally, the NPC menu looks better on the Xbox than on the PC. They are in fact NOT the same. Although the Xbox version probably already has the new UI.

#202 Yukizawa, Oct 11, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Tharnok and Parilee like this.
  3. RobinSan

Because they probably work via scrum agile which is common in IT.

4. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Haven't been able to use the storage npc, since it released, unless I hold ALT while clicking on anything, or change my keybinds to default..and the latter AINT happening.

5. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

Tried to turn in some Krogdalos Tears today. Turns out you cant spam R. You cant even just click with your mouse. After turning in a single item, you have to move your f***ing mouse away from the button and back, only then you can click it again. Guess PA paid some guy that failed UX 101 10 bucks for the whole new UI.

Parilee and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  6. Brca95

Brca95 DarkKnight 62 EU

I like the new ui, but I completely dislike what they did with enhancing animation. It’s just so soulless...

7. Dahlaine

At first I had mixed feelings, but some aspects make me feel increasingly annoyed by it. PA has managed to make some easy and intuitive things complicated so as an experienced player I have trouble with stuff I easily navigated as a completely new player back when I was one.

Let's go into details. I'll rate a specific change from -5 to +5 points.

Look and feel: -2
    This is not a PC game UI. It looks like a mobile app. There are reasons why PC game menus look differently.

ESC Menu: +1
    It requires some work and at first was a bit annoying because of the need to click twice and look for the location of some items, but the list of recently used items makes it much more useful and the whole direction is ok. It's more ordered now.

NPC Interaction: -5
    This is by far the worst screw up noticed by me. I do a simple quest to gather something and struggle to find the option to return the quest item. On my long epic journey to it I pick up a few quests that I am not interested in. Bravo! Bravo! I have issues with a thing that I perfectly managed before, even as a completely new player.

Not mentioning that NPC interaction menu looks more like the UI of a TV set. It's silly. I'm not using a TV, I'm talking to an NPC!

Repair, restore item etc.: -1
    Kind of confusing and unclear compared to the old one.

Mail, Trade, Storage: 0
    Only appearance changed and this is covered by the first point.

Motoko_Shi, Tharnok and JM like this.
  8. Spectrari

I'm slowly getting used to new ESC menu. You actually can lock some options there in recently used and reach them with 1 click.

[​IMG]

9. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

I'm still using the original ESC menu which works just fine.

Phoenixxx75 and Solitaire like this.
  10. Hearts

Hearts Valkyrie 62 EU

How do you lock it ? I find this menu really useful, until I messed my order opening a new menu

Edit : Got it. PSA do not put your menu on the right or you won't see all options.

11. Lurien

Lurien Battleborn Tamer 62 EU

Is there a chance so you can post XBOX UI screens? For me huge NOPE is new ESC menu, looks terrible for me, had to switch to 2016 (I think old one is since CBT in KR) version.

12. Lord_Xenon

I don't know why it happen, but losing the bufflist isn't enough... Now chatwindow 2-5 is removed as well randomly. Already redone them twice, now for the third time lost. Do other encounter this too?

13. Ganymede Sicard

i think the npc chat is much smaller than before. before there was a huge grey empy area and now it's not there. why are people saying now it's bigger?

14. TsothaLanthi

Three things

1- yes it sucks but we'll get used to it...it's not game breaking

2- except the bug where i have to go into edit ui several times a day to turn the boosts window back on....pls fix this with next update

3- the way to get the black spirit boosts now totally sucks. It's slow, clunky and it doesn't work well with the cursor and yesterday, i twice clicked the same goddang boost...i dont even know how that could happen since there's some text to go through when you get a boost but whatever...the point is this was so much faster and better before. I lose precious seconds when i grind having to get into that menu. Here's what they should do..... put those boosts on hotkeys/shortcuts. I shouldn't have to summon the BS to use them, i should be able to do like, maybe ctrl-c for the combat boost and ctrl-s for the skills boost and it just automatically uses my energy without having to go through a menu. But if they dont do this, at least bring it back to how it was, where it was right there at the bottom of the screen when you summoned the BS. It was quick.

15. Jabolexor

What?
    Every time I need to do Quest I need press "Q" (OK) and sometimes to end quest I need use "W", sometimes is obligatory somequest isn't, meh RNG. Is so click'y or press'y.
    For some "quest's" I need press "W" not "Q". - Trina axe.

16. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

And sometimes those keys do not work and then you have to use the mouse. This new ui is a hot mess of sh*t.

Parilee likes this.
  17. Ganymede Sicard

before it was weird, there was some dialogue, and we had to choose "quest" then the dialogue option disappeared and appered again, making it seem it was a different message, while it was not, then we had to select the quest and then we would get the quest itself.
    now when we need to chat to the person to complete the quest the option is shining in blue so it's not complicated.

18. Bubblex

yea this new ui change its so terrible that almost hurt my eyes.
    How about start changing other useful crap in the game and stop doing useless modifications.
    And how about ask players first before you do those stupid changes.

Parilee likes this.
  19. noctred

noctred NA

I've actually kinda had a change of heart regarding the new UI.

I still dislike the fact that it was pushed out in a half-finished state and I still think the windows are massively oversized for 1080p PC screens, but functionality has actually been improved a ton in many of the menus. Storage, buying, repairing, extraction, stable, horse market, and several other interfaces are actually way more efficient now. The base interface when you talk to NPCs is not so great though, including accepting quests and whatnot - some of the screen elements there should be relocated so your eyes don't have to constantly move to opposite sides of the screen.

The new ESC menu is awkward at first but being able to pin things and create hotkeys, once you figure it out, is pretty great.

Anyways, adjust the NPC interface, make everything resizable, and I think I'd accept it as an overall improvement.

20. MagicalTabletopGirls

This is the look of man who understands my pain!
    14e9a4307c998a00458ec94080a7d75a.png

Tharnok likes this.