1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worst ui update

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by dohgoh, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Corrus

I'd rather not let you decide what I like and what I clearly dislike, thanks.

2. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Dont waste your time man. Luxienna is a living meme around these parts :D

3. MMoNoob

yeah having the move foward button as a chat thingamagig is no bueno tried on a controller and it went from moving the mouse thing to a chat everytime

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  4. Lord_Xenon

Some parts are cancer, some are strange/annoying and some are good.
    Cancer: That you need to navigate more to turn in etc. for quests, instead of hitting r/clicking right next the turn in good.
    Strange/Annoying is big scaling hopefully this will be fixed, else it wander in the category cancer.
    Good: That there are now hotkeys for different things. Though that could have been implemented without all the other hassle.

WHY THE F* IS MY BUFFLIST DISAPPEARING?! Nearly everytime I talk to an NPC/accepting quests etc. it disappear!

5. Internot

I'm sick of having to relearn a game every 5 months that I've been playing for years. You should have used these kind of updates for remastered, and let everyone else continue playing with the style they want and love. There's no excuse for this, games with custom UI have been around for ages, and no one asked for this.

Tharnok, Parilee, Phoenixxx75 and 5 others like this.
  6. PhoenixDrahan

If you move the mail window for example, and you close the game or change character it goes back to the default spot. Its annoying, i want it at the right side of my screen, under the minimap. Cant move it from UI edit either to save it so.
    It happens with all the new UI windows like maids and dark rift.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  7. BDOISBROKEN

So basically the entire game, definitely legit. It's garbage

8. Macken

the positive feedback we received about the new UI after releasing the Black Desert Console helped us to reconsider the UI update for PC

these guys are really high.

Do they know console players play on a 60" TVs at meters and meters away while we play on 27" monitors at half meter away?

Guys, few days left for the non P2suffer version of Archeage.
    That game has an awesome UI

Tharnok, Parilee, t0pk3k and 6 others like this.
  9. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

I'm going to try it.... Didn't think I was but it may be time to try a new game. It's sucks to hate looking at something you had enjoyed so much.

10. MagicalTabletopGirls

Ill translate it properly into English: Some Boomer in accounting who has never played an MMO said, 'Lets cut cost here by just make them all the same.'

And because you cant use the PC interface without a mouse and keyboard they decided to Fk with the people who funded the entire games development. This has to be the dumbest decision in the HISTORY of MMO's.

11. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 61 EU

I find the grey in grey really nice. Once you backed off far enough from your screen to see, you cant tell the buttons apart because everything is the same colour. 10/10

Tharnok and LithicForm like this.
  12. XXew

I personally don't care about the new UI i just need some time to get used to it. But yes it looks like a console UI. I can open up MP faster with this new UI tho.

13. Hoebbit

Hoebbit Valkyrie 62 EU

New UI is truly horrible, the old one wasn't optimal, but it was still WAY better and more intuitive then the updated UI. Please bring back the old UI.

I don't see the reasoning for completely changing the UI after people have been playing for years and got used to the interface. You could have made small tweaks here and there, such as fixing the skill/combat energy buff options and boss scroll options, but I guess a visual revamp was deemed to be more important...

14. Desert Weasel

I much prefer the old/previous UI...

I can't stand this new one, its ugly as heck, and it just kinda ruins the whole "feel" of the game itself.

It no longer "feels like" the BDO that I've been playing for the past 3 years.

t0pk3k, Eri 4, Tharnok and 3 others like this.
  15. Wodur

Agreed. The new UI is horrible...as a guild mate described it X-boxy..i agree...revert it please.

JM, t0pk3k and Eri 4 like this.
  16. hightech

You do like to washed out grey backgroud while looking at the storekeeper.
    Look an the storage and than to your inventory. The inventory has a high constrast ..nice, but the new storage menu is just washed out compare to the other one.
    I do not like that at all.

17. Artorias_Dusk

Black Spirit Buffs, I had to search for them. This UI is more ugly than a child from Vell and Kzarka could ever be. But hey, atleast we finally got a balance update.... Oh, I forgot, they don't care.

Tharnok, JM, t0pk3k and 1 other person like this.
  18. Hinalle

I hate having to hunt through multiple menus just to pull up something that was two clicks away on the old UI.

Change is fine. Change for the worse is not.

JM and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  19. gekko

They arent done butchering the ui yet. Wait and see.

Tharnok and MagicalTabletopGirls like this.
  20. DiaborMagics

DiaborMagics DiaborMagics Ranger 60 EU

While there are many things to say about the new UI... I'm mostly wondering why the repair menu and mount transfer menu don't display how much money you've got anymore. I... can't possibly understand why they'd take that away. I now have to guess at my money when I repair... why?
    What's worse is I can't choose where the money is taken from. It always defaulted to storage and never remembered 'inventory', but now I can't even choose. That's just...

Please if there's nothing else you fix, fix that. Or if I'm blind enough to not see it, which I doubt, please tell me where I can see the money I have left inside the repair menu and stable menu.

EDIT: to clarify, talking about the max duration in particular. I'm one of those who repair 1 meme, then repair in inventory, continue.

#160 DiaborMagics, Oct 10, 2019 at 8:52 AM
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019 at 9:01 AM
    t0pk3k and Phoenixxx75 like this.