1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

worth rolling to

Discussion in 'Dark Knight' started by Mikey9225, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Mikey9225

as the title states im wondering if its worth rolling to dk at this time for both pvp/pve currently have full tet boss weapons on my main and tri/boss armor and what role does a dk have in nodewar

2. LunaValentyn

DK is fun now(personal opinion), very mobile with high damage. Other classes may be better(a lot of people will tell you DK is the worst class right now), really if you like her, I'd suggest it, if you prefer another class, I'd say stay there. The balance is shifted so heavily since changes and people are still sorting things out and adjusting so for the foreseeable future, as cliche as it sounds, I'd say just play what you enjoy. No harm in leveling up a DK either, could always use more family fame right?

Seriously, you won't hear much positive probably lol but I think it's a fun class and it's worth a try(though I wouldn't suggest totally gearing it til you're sure you like it)

#2 LunaValentyn, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Cherrytwinkle likes this.
  3. Blitzball

No it's not worth rerolling to DK, atm. She lost too many important CC. Mobility is still good but you need softcap gear to do something at PVP.

If you're planning to buy a coupon, i suggest you to look other classes. If you have still not TRI yellow accesories, don't roll DK. She is one of the most gear reliant class cuz she's squichy AF and she has no grab so you must one-shoot your opponent with Spirit Legacy and Lunacy of Vedir

4. LunaValentyn

that's pretty normal though.
    actually with the lower amount of protection, if you land a CC(which is easier now), you can chain a combo in 1v1 and don't need to 1 shot(down smash helps, get off all 3 of her nukes in a combo and most enemies should die. It's totally possible to chain a solid combo without a grab) and in large scale you can do support damage really well because of the mobility.

5. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

DK is trash, nothing changed with requirements of insane amount of AP (250+) to kill even 250 DP noobs, still die from 170AP noobs, instane longs CD's on skills, several remain SA doesn't work, CC almost never work, very slow attack speed and lots animation locks.
    But if you 250AP+ and full TET boss, you can roll DK its a good range DPS.

6. LunaValentyn

can you be specific? I haven't noticed that :o but I generally don't get hit with the mobility so I suppose I wouldn't notice :/
    Maybe you need to build more ignore resist or learn the enemy kits better? If you hit them when they are unprotected with enough ignore resist, things usually land fine in my experience :o
    need to build attack speed :/ though her nukes her slower skills, I think that makes them more rewarding and fun to land. I'd argue that's almost more of a play style gimmick.

She is squishy though and ap reliant, I agree with people saying she should be soft cap but I don't think that's too abnormal as a requirement for pvp.

7. ghoulz666

Still @#$%ing annoying to grind with.

8. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

all invincible effect skills, you literately die while use them, for example Air strike you just die in moment of land. (41 ms latency according to task manager)
    From what i believe all CC skills have static land rate chance, several DK's CC have a nice CC land rate - wheels for example or kamasylvia slash other works only on another DK.
    you can't go more then 5 attack speed.

9. LunaValentyn

the end is technically totally unprotected :/ but latency is totally a problem too. They say they fixed the servers and I think things feel better though but not perfect.
    resistances are recently relevant though, you can now void CC with resistances since it's mostly on the first hit instead of being on all the hits so ignore resist can help land some(most I believe)CC. Kutum helps with those stats but also gems, takes some work to get how you want it though I think. Tbh I prefer Nouver because AP and resists are nicer in large scale and in my opinion, I prefer them as a whole for the combat style I like.
    that's true, I was mostly meaning to build 5 if you hadn't already since ya never know who has what in the forums :3 but you can also put attack speed add ons onto skills for a slight boost. Honestly I don't think DK is that slow comparatively aside from her nukes though. Wheel, Wrath, and Spirit Legacy a great damage though so I think it's rewarding to get them off, if they were fast, it would be a lot less fun imo. The rest mostly feels pretty decent though imo, I think it's just a part of the play style to have some slower skills though. I mean I feel like before the changes DK was so awakening reliant that things were a lot different though for a lot of reasons but I feel like now she feels more like the way she felt before awakening when she first came out. I really liked DK before awakening but quickly got bored after, I'm glad the play style I liked about her is back honestly and I feel like awakening adds more flavor to her kit now instead of dominating it. I mean slow is a fair comment but I don't think it's to an extent that she's terrible for it and I'd consider it a gimmick(slow charge for large burst) and I think she has enough other skills that it's not a serious handicap.

if anything I'd say she's in more of the intended play style now than she had been for the last 2 years. I think her skill requirements have just gone up to where they should have been after the initial stamina changes she got though. In my opinion people were just too used to her initial awakening release play style to change though which has been the biggest detriment to the class(then again her awakening used to be really good compared to the rest of her kit so it was still an acceptable method). I think that now she feels more right to me. The mobility feels off the charts again without being OP, she uses more than 3 skills, and the charge for burst nukes that I fell for in the first place before awakening are back :3 I really like her right now.

I mean I have a list of things I think should be changed but I still think she's a really fun class right now. I mean, I think we can probably agree on the list for the most part. Grip of grudge should be sped up. Corrupt ground should be sped up a bit in the start up, not too much but a bit so it can land more reliably as a follow up to a stiffness; that or increase the damage more to make it more rewarding to land. I'd say the marking system is a lost opportunity and the marks should be able to stack for a higher burst damage because I really love the mechanic idea, I just think it was poorly implemented. I think Trap of Vedir needs to be sped up or have the FG returned. Vedir's Dogma should be reworked to maybe include more skills(maybe it could tie into the marking system by giving double marks for certain skills?). I mean I have issues with the speed on skills like that and I don't think they line up with me saying "this is the play style" because they just feel sort of bad to use. That being said I do like the speed on WoF, Spirit Legacy, and Wrath of Vedir, I think thats' a good amount of time to animate before dropping a nuke. I'd say those 3 skills are what I mean when I say I appreciate the slow nukes. The rest of the slow ones do feel janky though, I agree on that. I just don't think those janky skills are that necessary though. I think what she has still gives her a fun play style and decent kit.

#9 LunaValentyn, Jul 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Virille likes this.
  10. Pkmdz

11. Amerrante

Amerrante DarkKnight 61 EU

not worth
    but if you have a crush
    why not

12. Zaldiar

I would say yes and you have already softcap gear so thats a plus. Is not the best class of the game but is very fun to play a lot of movility and dmg.

With the last balance changes the skill cealling of the DK raised because you need to use your pre-awakening set and mix it with you awakening, if you dont do it, and still play like before the pvp changes (that means 98% of the time in awakening), you will be in a disadvantage. People is complaining and saying "DK is ded lol" cuz they got used to have dmg, protection, cc and movility all in the awakening, there was no need to change to pre-awakening, but now they splited those things and you have the cc and protection on your pre-awakening and the dmg of the awakening.

A lot of people used to say that playing DK after a while gets boring cuz you always use the same 4 abilitys, and that was cuz you only used awakeing and half of the awakening skills are useless, but now is a lot of fun, i went form using 3 pre-awakening and 4 awakening abilitys to 10 pre-awakening and 4 awakening abilitys.

I think that the DK now is in the state that the designers originaly thought for the DK, a Spellsword class, a melee fighter that uses magic and physical attacks.

Also i want that grip of grudge gets reworked and be now a ranged grab, like a force grab, and say in pvp "i find your lack of faith disturbing"

#12 Zaldiar, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    LunaValentyn likes this.
  13. ghoulz666

Did the designers originally decide that this class needs the worst resource management of any class?

TekNahLowG likes this.
  14. LunaValentyn

that's an over exaggeration :o the mana regen can be a problem though.

15. ghoulz666

Not a huge problem, if you force yourself like a robot to play a very specific way that breaks all common sense. Which is why I can't stand grinding with the class.

16. LunaValentyn

still, not impossible and mana pots aren't too pricey :/ though they do add up

17. eddie972e

i main tamer and i recently started playing dk, i love grinding on her, i dont mind the pots i have my tent and 1700 lt carry weight, pvp i suck with her, but i will get the hang of her in time, but the only reasons im playing her is because i love her pretty attacks, and she is so pretty
    :)

18. Plebza

not worth atm, changes hit dk pretty hard and theres no rework in sight.
    the skill cap was highered thats ok, the real problem is how none of ur pre awa sas is reliable and since u have to use them it will take u alot of time to get used how to play around ur own gaps.
    the gear dependency is also a major issue since its higher than on any other class.
    DK PvE is top tier
    Her Dmg pvP wise pre soft cap AP isnt too good tho and since u only got Dmg in ur kit u can figure

if u need mana pots while grinding on DK ur doing smthng wrong tho

19. Blitzball

K, you don't play DK at all or you're grinding only Manshas

TekNahLowG likes this.
  20. Goobur

So i struggled with the same question. So i went to the Korean forums and checked them out. In the highest tiers of GS, Currently, the TOP 5 classes in the Korean meta are.

1. Mystic - They said she has the best utility, Great in all aspects of the game, whether it be grinding, small scale and large scale. Not number for 1 for anything, but holds above average for most aspects of the game. Right now Korean Mystic players are scared she will be nerfed more.

2. Dark Knight - At 270+ She has the highest burst/sustained damage against other similarly geared players. She can 2 shot most players from afar, especially strong in NW and Siege. Sadly getting to 270+ is the hard part.

3/4. Ninja/Kuno - Forgot exactly what they said, but basically Invis + Damage is strong

5. Sorc - Good CC, and Good iframes and great damage

Again this meta is for korea/super geared players who are past soft cap. Most of the time we do lag behind the Korean meta. Sometimes we go our own way and end up back in the Korean meta (ex. when US went accuracy meta, where korean skipped that and went straight AP) there are also a couple other things that i found interesting in their meta as opposed to ours. But that's a different topic.

Souda likes this.