1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would anyone be seriously opposed to shorter grab ranges?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Netreiam, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Netreiam

Pretty sure nobody in this game appreciates the mile long grabs courtesy of desync on top of a grab range that is honestly longer that it should be.

Doesn’t solve the problem non grab classes have against SA spam but it would make it slightly easier to get within range to damage SA spam without worrying about an immediate grab afterwards.

2. Crablord

Some classes already have smaller grab ranges than others.
    I think what I would appreciate is if the animation of whiffing your grab had no super armor or protections of any sort. So if you try to grab and whiff you eat the full burrito as a punish.

Bumggez, Boojangles and Mana_Mafia like this.
  3. Mana_Mafia

All of the burrito.

4. Netreiam

Yeah valk is one of those classes, so part of this topic is me being salty about me whiffing and then a warrior literally 2 extra meters away landing his immediately after. **** triggers me like nothing else lol.

However I believe that practically grabs should be less effective than they are.

Making the animation of grabs slower and unprotected would also be useful and reward non grab classes with a chance to counter grab classes who would otherwise likely have an easy win if the grab succeeds.

5. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

i already suggested this months ago, if not year(s)+

6. Netreiam

I want to create a megathread for all class balance since the megathread in suggestions currently doesn't seem to address it, at least not as much as I (and I assume you as well) would like. I know we don't really see eye to eye but would you have threads you would like to suggest to include?

7. Askore

Askore Sorceress EU

if grab engages weren't allowed grab range wouldn't matter as much so I'd rather see PA fix that instead

8. Flood

Flood Musa 62 NA

I think it's compensating for their lack of netcode precision. The desync would make having small ranged grabs very difficult to land which is why some classes that do have smaller range grabs have difficulty pulling them off. I would love for MANY skills, not just grabs, in this game to be much more precise in where they do damage but for me to get behind any of that something needs to change with desync.

Nits likes this.
  9. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Sorceress NA

Well, seeing as I play berserker. Having a massive f**ker like myself with a giant physique and arm length, it would be kind of retarded to only be able to grab someone only a microbe apart.

10. 6footgeeks

this at a time when we already know that if anything, theyre INCREASING grab ranges :/

11. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

block class talking about nerfing grabs? both new and original.

Angarato likes this.
  12. clangpicky

wait till you see lahn's ranged grab

13. AsyaTheBoatKing

The grabs overall should be nerfed massive, grabs are to strong by the most classes the range need to be short for an success its total op that you can stand miles away with some classes and still grab a other player.

14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

i also think grabs are retarded, but then again, this game has lingering SAs, op blocks, one shot mega AP kills, retarded speed debuffs, mistakes and strokers and so on.

15. Netreiam

Mystakes, I like that one :)

But yeah, there is a ton of stupid stuff in the game. I just think that grab engages are one of the dumbest. Although the retarded AP buff probably is worse now because you don't even need to land CC anymore to win.

16. PandaPolishesPotatos

This is already a thing. If the grab isn't covered by lingering you can be CC'd, it's not a very long window but it's there.

17. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

All classes get 1 grab only. The grab is preawakening only.

Then:

All grabs should be protected if they fail.
    All grabs should require the grabber to have applied a cc to the target. The required cc per class should vary.
    During grab and during the resulting cc from the grab only damage from the grabber should be applied.

18. Spartakatz

also only 1 iframe. and 1 aoe. and 1 PA. and 1 heal. 1 freeze. 1 musa-speed dash. and ofc no extra magic def for strikers. everything must be the same or what?

19. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

This is a thread discussing grabs though

20. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

Just lock grabs behind a CC and thats it. Makes grabs only possible in the middle of the combo. Problem solved.