1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would BDO benefit if downgrading was removed from item enchant?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Arkachallo, Aug 9, 2017.

?

Remove downgrade from fails to enchant

1. Yes

77 vote(s)
    20.7%
  2. Yes please.... Like now

112 vote(s)
    30.1%
  3. No

75 vote(s)
    20.2%
  4. Heck NO

108 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Baron

They should just have let the +15 be the maximum enchant, accessories as it is and tie up boss gear to a level.

2. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

In my experience kneejerk antagonistic reactions stem from a source of pain.

Pray tell though, how does one "git gud" with a skill-less RNG system?

ODB3698 and Oaklay like this.
  3. Brightcide

I actually replied to your question seriously further back in the post.

This is anything but a kneejerk reaction; I find it hilarious how upset people are with this system. Every game has grinding for gear, it just depends on the type of grinding you enjoy, and whether or not you enjoy what the rest of the game has to offer.

WoW had the honor grind for PvP gear and dungeons/ raiding for PvE gear. It was incredibly easy to gear up in that game, but it's a casual MMO, so you can't expect much there. Guild Wars 1 had skill grinding; going out and doing ridiculous things or killing crazy strong bosses for a chance to get a new skill. Swordsman (an eastern MMO) had a level grind that made BDO's look like child's play. ArcheAge had either library grinding or tradepack running for gold/ gear materials, and in that game if you failed an enhance it didn't downgrade just one level; it downgraded back down to Arcane (which would be like our +10), or it blew up. I didn't play TERA much, but I know gear blew up over there as well. ESO had dungeon grinding for gear, even for the PvP gear, and there was like a 0.05% chance to get the piece of gear with the exact rolls you needed per boss, so you can imagine how many dungeons you had to do; I was at over 500 runs of one particular dungeon without getting the last 2 pieces I needed.

My point is, people may dislike this game's enhancement system, but it's sigificantly easier to gear up in BDO than in other games, and the journey is much more enjoyable imo.

4. Arokhaerr

Keep downgrading but lower the amount of cronstones needed. Currently most ppl dont even use them because it is too expensive. If it was half the amount ppl would actually use them and it would tkae out a good amount of inflation of silver in the economy.

ODB3698, Xenon and Hakazumi like this.
  5. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

By GitGud he mean try again.

Brightcide likes this.
  6. Camillia

I voted "heck no" because i like to be hurt :3

7. Warp Rider

Here is what you don't understand. Time and luck alone shouldnt determine progression or outcome of pvp battles in a so called pvp game. Carebear...

ODB3698, Rivian, Fire of and 2 others like this.
  8. kakodaimonos

Let daddy spank you a bit.

9. Musashy

Another pointless thread. You play the same game as koreans do. It ain't gonna change cus you want too.

10. Camillia

11. Quapsel

Ways to late for such an Gamebreaking change.
    Would have loved something like this straight from the beginning.

But now: "Heck NO"

12. Catastigma

BDO NOT A PVP GAME. is a Sandpark domination/politic mmorpg. Level dont supose to have cap. Enhance not supose to have cap too. Infinite progression. Never a new player are supose to catch Old player. this is a real mmorpgsandpark/box. not a **** fk WoW-copycat moba themepark

if you want a *Pvp* game go play Moba.

Casual player...

Anyway PA get the road of casualization.. soon you will able to buy a ticket in the pearls shop to have a instant lvl 60 character full PEN gear for play like your stupid **** moba game.
    It's just sad that you parasitic mmorpg. Destroyers you could rot the absolutely all mmorpgs of the last 10 years. Whenever a game has potenciel. You kill im with your suggestion for make another world of warcraft ..

#92 Catastigma, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  13. Zegram

If this was removed everyone whose played for a while would be full PEN within days, literally days.

The only benefit this would have is PvP, balance would not be as big of an issue in terms of gear anyway, it would basically be like it was back in the +15 cap days.

14. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Except...gear enhancements have a cap...and they specifically made catch up mechanics for new players.

ODB3698 and Brightcide like this.
  15. Brightcide

Forgive Catastigma, he's not very bright, and after trolling the suggestion forums for a few days he's decided to move over to general gameplay.

ODB3698 and flukeSG2 like this.
  16. Catastigma

exactly why enhance cap need to be remove. and weapon armor need to have a chance to break when enhancing.

Like in the only real mmorpg. Lineage 2. before stupid bless enhance scrolls.

17. Catastigma

i dont troll. i give my opinion. like you. Wow-player destroyers of mmorpg genre.

#97 Catastigma, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  18. sthammack57

sthammack57 LedHammack Lahn 62 NA

Here's an idea for everyone to hate on, make a counter stack per weapon that would influence the enhancement process based on number of kills as well as difficulty of kills. Thoughts?

19. Phiz

Huh, destroyer of mmorpg? That's why every game tries to copy it? Atleast there skill>**** eating luck. I would love for this game to equalize pvp so the skilled people will actually show the no lifers aka "pros" ( haha what a joke ) what skill really is, not staying awake 24/7 and luck.

ODB3698 and Oaklay like this.
  20. Zabraxa

Without the brickwall gear progression. There wouldn't be a lot left to play for in BDO