1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would you start bdo fresh?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Zaolee, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Wildcard

just would swap to one of my alts ... and let them refund me LOTS of money ^^

2. IWalkAlone

3. Factorial

I couldn't start fresh again. there is just too much money I would have to drop on the game again. the money won't be so much of an issue, it's things like cp/energy/skill points/etc that would drive me off.

couldn't do it again, man. never again will I play a game with the BDO business model. no way jose. charge me real money for weight, inventory slots, and auto loot? **** you and your company

Megabiv likes this.
  4. Dreadhood

I actually did a fresh start once, a year ago (this is my new account), i don't even remember why i did it, but i guess it was for the joy of exploring again.

But if Kakao loses my data or something, i would do a fresh start only if they could give back all my spent pearls.

5. crosspath

Yeah, so only the handicapped masochists will stay...

Not that I will go play wow, but definitely won't spend over 5 minutes a day in this **** show of a game till PA and Cashkao start using those nut sized brains and fix their ****.

Lifeskilling what for? Sea monsters double or triple silver.
    Grinding, what for? You don't even need gear for sea monter hunting.
    Crates? Oh MY LUL, watching a horse ass for hours to get peanuts compared to sea monster hunting.
    Special mention to any retard selling memes, shards and even blackstones. Help payout abusers get the **** they need at peanuts price while they make billions a week...

As I said, only dumb masochists will remain here... But hey, enjoy the renewed graphics, LOL. (and the 40 less FPSs xDDDDDD)

#25 crosspath, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Alicia Dominica and Factorial like this.
  6. Wildcard

7. Atron

hehehe this is me :)

8. Atron

ohh you will be back baby :)

take my advice ... do not blow up your gear just yet.

Tjaranis likes this.
  9. Tjaranis

and are hacking or buying accounts, which is why you where banned and had to redo it i assume ;)

10. Tjaranis

if you are a addict then Don't blow your gear, you will regret and as an addict with NOTHING, seriously Nothing, decent to play these days you will return to where your addiction drags you the most, and **** you will be sad when you need to redo 7 Tets and get new tri accessories.... the pain is absolutely brutal... the second time you do it you get kind of numb... i am unsure if anyone returns after the third (i am on third), but i doubt it as i already fight with hating the games progression to much to play everytime i think of doing something in it (so do nearly nothing but PvP, but quite hard/unfun in Tri gear vs softcap++ :/ ).... sooo yer ...

but if it is your first quit and you are an addict, don't blow up your stuff... just let it sit and take a long break from the game (i wouldn't suggest logging in for dayli etc. as that will just further feed your addiction and make it worse. try to see if you can create distance untill you "want to play bc you remember fun things, not that you want the itch to be satisfied or feel you Need to as a job feel")...

11. Solsi

I'm pretty sure they would restore it. The idea that my account + cash shop items on it would magically disappear and no reimbursement, is to absurd. Other than that, support is really helpful in general when stuff go missing.

If it did somehow happen though, I would uninstall the game ofc. I would never start fresh in this game. The idea of doing that is laughable.

I wouldn't buy and play this game if i was a new player either. It's puzzling actually how they're still gaining new players.

The gear- and wealth gap is to huge. Not possible to catch up in reasonable time. Sure you can do it in about a year, but from a new player perspective I'd find that time frame a joke tbh. Also all the damn cash shop stuff you need to avoid feeling like you're being tortured, it's to much cash for a "new game" you're trying out.

Same reason i would never install and play a game like ArchAge or any other Asian f2p/p2w gear-based mmorpg.

12. crosspath

That rant, did i speak about blowing ****? Don't worry, have just logged in to keep guild ownership basically, 5 mins a day,, won't even waste time AFK fishing, do you know why? Cause silver is worth NOTHING, electricity is far more expensive, and i am a guy that kept his computer on AFK-ing for last 2 years... Not anymore.

Same can be applied to Pearl items, Cashkao and PA will destroy pearl shop by allowing payout exploiting and making silver worthless. You must be really really stupid for selling costumes for an amount of silver you can get in 1 hour of sea monster hunting... Can't laugh enough of their incompetence...

Good at graphics, utterly incompetent in every other aspect of game management. They definitely need good luck. RIP.

13. Atron

Exactly man! God speed!

14. Dalenos

15. LogicaI

Yeah i would.

There are some decent guides out there on youtube/incendar ,etc you can get over 300 energy in under 3 days,and i did use one of those guides on my alt account to get ideas and reached 350 cp on my alt in under 2 weeks,so it's not as bad as people realize.

Let me translate what dremlock said, (Yes as long as the higher level you are the t h i c c e r your thighs got)

Anyhow I have 7 accounts currently,a few were made off sales ofc of boss gear on market for pearls,so i exchanged for gifted hedgehogs so a few i don't use,but i do have 4 active accounts,main is above softcap obviously,my main secondary is 524 gs and i could get it higher but i don't have the time whilst maintaining my main account,my others are mostly just making special food =)

I don't find starting a new account that difficult if you just educate yourself first. But because of the time you CAN invest in the game,i can reasonably see why many would never re-create their account so to speak.

16. Hemuk

Take all my purchases, transfer the equivalent pearls into this brand new char and sure, I'll gladly start over.

17. AlnilamE

Would I start this game today if I hadn't played it before (but magically knew everything I know about it)? Yes.

Would I start this game over if I lost all the progress I made in the last two years? Probably not.

I have characters I'm attached to. I just finished breeding the last horse skin in the game. Getting all the different skins in the different tiers took a while. A lot of wagons were used and a lot of horses exchanged. I'm at 18 tries for a T9. I have a sailboat, a frigate, a peridot wagon. If all of that just disappeared overnight without explanation, I probably would be too frustrated to just shrug it off and restart from scratch, even if they did refund me all the pearls I spent over time.

18. MountAndDew

Absolutely not. I've put too much time and money into this account.

19. C6H5CH3

To start this game as a new player while also being in the know about the truth of it, without wishful thinking, you'd have to be either a complete idiot or a colossal masochist. Torturing yourself through months of energy and cp grinding alone and while others make billions a week, buying up every single thing of value in sight, gaining xx gs every month exacerbated through renown? *taps forehead*

20. MozezCore

There is a big difference: if you already had an account, you also already put a lot of effort into this game. And you achieved lots of small goals. If you are used to playing the game and having all that achieved you dont want to start fresh. This is the same as asking if one would build a house and still live in a tent.
    All you plebs pretend that there is a huuuuge difference between starting BDO in 2016 and now. It is much easier now. And believe it or not.. Even back in the days of 2016 there have been those no-lifers grinding 12 hours a day and you wont ever have a chance to fight them.
    All this "veteran, gear advantage..." bs is just the plebs' excuse to not confess that they are weaker. (I dont say it is bad to be weaker in BDO because it saves alot of lifetime and stuff. Nowadays I'm playing this casually, too.)