1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wow, going F2P really revives the game!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by T800, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Vanadiel

True, but that is if you enjoy living on the street in a cardboard box.
    If you have played this game for any amount of time, you will know that long term play relies on cash shop purchases.
    Otherwise you hit a wall that lowers your enjoyment to a point where it becomes torment.

If you would start right now, you would have to manually loot each corpse. Just imagine how tedious that will get after kill 11,328.

TucoRamires and Fearless V like this.
  2. Catastigma

P2W,,Lootsbox, Any Predatory Moneytisation are for target weak mind people.

And the people who play the fatalist of compulsory spending, influencing and literally forcing social spending people on spending.

You advertise the Pearls shop for free, you encourage the behavior. You work indirectly for pearls abyss.

If You are not as exploitable, the economic model of BDO may change for survive.
    it's a fact.

#22 Catastigma, Mar 1, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    qweqqi, Patrik2991 and AZzalor like this.
  3. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

Except that this was because BDO was part of Steams Spring Cleaning event, in which you had to play BDO, among other games, to get some badges.

4. Stabby

You realize that MMO's are not charities right? This is a business! If it doesn't generate revenue it shuts down. YOUR the problem. I wish every future MMO would have a monthly sub to play. That way freeloaders wont infect our games.

By the way, you're welcome! You're welcome for helping support this game so that you have a game to play.

upload_2020-3-1_15-58-6.png

Factorial likes this.
  5. Nextgengame

why do ppls say it's 10$ when it's on the sale for 5$ literately more time, than it is for full price.

TucoRamires likes this.
  6. Catastigma

Stupid idiotic argument. A resilient company can change its economic model to satisfy its customers.
    It's happened hundreds of times already. Whether its in the video game field or in other service type products.

It is not those who have morals and ethics that are the problem.
    I never said that the game should be free.
    I'm talking about a healthy economic model, The subscription model. B2P with Battlepass cosmetic.
    that everyone pays, the same amount. For fairplay service.
    Must stop with these damn dishonest argument worthy of a big ******* of humanity.
    PA will not close BDO when he still has over 2 million players.
    Use your brain. You are the probleme. You are responsable of the scrap industrie situation.
    your spending has nothing to do with my ability to play. There is not even caurelation.
    But your expenses are directly causal to the maintenance of this Non Fairplay and Predatory moneytization system. your money serves mediocrity, Idiocracy. It would be time to grow and realize it.

Change is possible, F@ck.

#26 Catastigma, Mar 1, 2020
    Kurano, qweqqi, onaco and 5 others like this.
  7. Allan1985

did those people paid for the game to be able to play it and get those badges? after all the final objective was the same as giving the game for free, wich is to get people to try the game in hopes they stay

#27 Allan1985, Mar 1, 2020
  8. Aillya

I'm enjoying the influx of people. However, anyone who's played a game that's gone f2p knows the standard pattern here. Put simply: this game has flaws* that have driven the player base down to the point where they've had to implement a f2p element among all the price cuts to the base game leading up to it. If Kakao or PA don't do SOMETHING to address those flaws, then we'll see a sharp decline in players all over again. There's no way around that.

Right now though, the numbers are booming. It's a big influx of people, and it's up to PA about how to manage it. My hopes are not high. I hope they prove me wrong.

*edit: For anyone curious, those flaws I referred to earlier are, in my opinion, the RNG gear system, the unbalanced pvp, the karma system effectively killing 90% of open world pvp, the pve element being so basic and lackluster that it's not enjoyable, the client instability (look at all the crash threads this week alone), and the way every single game element is gated behind MASSIVE inconveniences so they can sell you a solution in the cash shop. These are just the big things that come to mind immediately. If you want to keep these people, you'll have to provide some kind of catchup event in terms of gearing (I don't even agree with this personally, but I'm willing to admit that people will probably quit if they realize they're gonna have to spend like a year of grinding to be even remotely viable in a 1v1 assuming they don't live/breathe/sleep bdo). You'll have to address the open world pvp element since a lot of people probably joined with that in mind as a thing they'll want to do, but they'll quit when they realize that they can't even flag up to defend a grind spot without going negative. You'll have to do more to incentivize group open world pve (i.e. worldbosses) than just an item that drops at like, a single digit percent on a boss that spawns twice a week. I'm rambling now, but yeah I don't see it happening. Like someone else said, they just want a boost in players so they can point to it and convince ignorant shareholders that things are going really really really well for some reason.

#28 Aillya, Mar 1, 2020
    jrs1, Fearless V and VasilisD like this.
  9. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

It won't last.

Fateneko and Fearless V like this.
  10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Have you seen the steam advertisement for bdo? There is absolutely no mention of open world pvp. Many people starting this game from a free steam copy may be very unaware that there is any open world pvp and as such many may quit when confronted soon after leaving Olvia.
    Your other points are very well expressed.

LucidKill, TucoRamires and Fearless V like this.
  11. Aillya

I didn't consider that. I guess it's true that some people getting into BDO in 2020 might not even know that pvp is an element of it, with how hard PA threw PvP under the bus over the years without actually replacing it with a fun PvE element.
    In a way, that's even worse. People are gonna leave Olvia and get ****ing slaughtered and then wonder what happened, lol

LucidKill, Fearless V and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  12. Nextgengame

Yeah, if you would not be new here, you would know that PA and kakao couldn't give less **** about this game. Even if they would've not gave up on bdo, then still would not listen to the players. Why would they? lol... they are much smarter than the pleb players...

They already have a replacement mmo in the works, so they now milk as much money as they can from this game, and slowly, but steadily lower the development effort.
    Making it freely accessible for more potential milkable cow is a good step in this plan.
    The heavy increase in p2w factor from cash shop in the recent patches also made for this reason... they milk while they can. They don't care for the long term, they not going to fix the critical issues with the game. They just milk, and then dump and start again with a new game. That's their "model".

Fearless V likes this.
  13. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I don't want to be too critical but the person you addressed this post to is not new. He/she has been around since 2016, you are the newbie here. I also think that you have been overly aggressive toward this persons post.

14. gekko

hey take a look at this guy. thinks he is so clever. hey I can take an hour old account screenshot too. you not proving anything

15. Nextgengame

Well given the fact that he thinks, that there is any chance that they will improve, he is - by definition - new.
    Even if you play since long, if you don't know basic facts, you will still remain a newbie.

Also I didn't intended to be aggressive again him.

16. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

It also does not prove or disprove whether the person has purchased pearl items from the central market. If he has done so then he is a hypocrite as you are still supporting this terrible monetisation if you do. I do really think this person is truly a hard core player and has neither bought pearls or pearl items from the central market. Just my opinion but that is how he seems to me.

LucidKill and Fearless V like this.
  17. Aillya

Lol, "new". I've played this game since the first day. I played the closed beta and have posts dating back for years. I watched them promise this game would never be pay to win only to fast forward a few years and see them hand it out for free with a p2w cash shop and 2 subscription options tacked onto it. I do agree with the rest of your post. It's obvious that they don't care and just want to milk what they can. I just didn't want to be overly negative today, so thanks for doing it for me.

tbh, if you don't think the game can be redeemed at all, then why are you even here? I'm here because I think things can turn around. It's why I continue checking back every so often. If you genuinely think it's ****ed, why not spend your time doing something else?

18. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Its ok. The game lets them know before they reach level 50, And Karma prevents any sort of abuse to these new players. The minor inconvenience of having to actually acknowledge other players when farming for resources is a small price to pay when dealing with the alternative..People who grief by hogging resources, and resource stealing with impunity.

19. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

No the game does not explicitly state that you are agreeing to open world pvp. It simply says that pvp can be activated after level 50. To many that will be deemed to mean like in guild wars two or elder scrolls online that you can duel if you want and that you can now take part in node wars and sieges. Off course they cannot do node wars or sieges at fifty even if they had great gear but they would have no idea would they? A new player in Olvia would have no clue what they are clicking when they get that message and will just accept it to continue to progress.

LucidKill and Fearless V like this.
  20. Vanadiel

Your argument is flawed, and I will explain why.

In order for any game - this or any other - to exist, revenue needs to be generated.
    This games generates revenue using a cash shop.
    If you spend nothing in the cash shop, you are playing but not generating revenue for the company.
    In such a case, you do rely on the spending of others to generate revenue targets for the company.

I would have had more sympathy for your point of view if you would have spend an average of $10/month or so, as that would be a sensible equivalent to a subscription based revenue stream.
    It is what I did. I generated revenue for the company, but on my terms and not theirs.

By not spending anything, you yourself are part of the issues this industry is facing, as revenue needs to be generated one way or another.

zhagsten and AZzalor like this.